Pointless email about check-in times.

Sabalon

Just checked my email and I have one from Carnival saying 3 days til my cruise, that my cruise operates with a scheduled check-in, a whole paragraph explaining why I need to select one, arrive then etc... and a button to check boarding time.

Thing is, I selected a check-in time when we booked the cruise two months ago. Trying to finish up some things at work to head out and see this and panic. Login, and nope...it's all still there.

They really need to get their automated mailings a bit more organized. I hate when you get automated communications which should have up to the minute information and it's generic...what's the point.

Minor rant over.

Like anything else, it's easier to mass mail them than it is to go over a list of passengers to see who has and who hasn't signed up yet.

Before the assigned check-in was initiated, we use to get an e-mail the day before the cruise telling us that boarding time was 1:00 or something like that and we had FTTF.

So, let's see.... people complain when they don't get notification and people complain when they do.

Of course, we have someone to blame regardless and a forum to express the displeasure.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm surprised they make any effort at all.

This, of course, will be fodder for the vultures to pick apart. Have at it!

So, let's see.... people complain when they don't get notification and people complain when they do.

Of course, we have someone to blame regardless and a forum to express the displeasure.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm surprised they make any effort at all.

...Very, very well said.

:rolleyes:

Just checked my email and I have one from Carnival saying 3 days til my cruise, that my cruise operates with a scheduled check-in, a whole paragraph explaining why I need to select one, arrive then etc... and a button to check boarding time.

Thing is, I selected a check-in time when we booked the cruise two months ago. Trying to finish up some things at work to head out and see this and panic. Login, and nope...it's all still there.

They really need to get their automated mailings a bit more organized. I hate when you get automated communications which should have up to the minute information and it's generic...what's the point.

Minor rant over.

Feel better now? all ok? hit the "delete" button and move on....not a big deal

Nope, won't pick your post apart...the OPs, now that's another story. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that peeps are upset because Carnival sends out a mass email to remind those who may not be as computer literate as the 5 or 10 peeps who post on CC. Do folks feel they are so important that a cruiseline needs to treat them with kid gloves and not upset their personal apple cart before a cruise by sending them a mass email.

Minor rant over.

Typical Carnival.

There probably was a line that said, please disregard this email if you've already selected your check in time. Seriously, what's the big deal? I agree, people will moan if they don't and now they moan if they do. What's a company to do? I know, stop trying to please everyone.

It's funny, you are complaining about getting an email about check in times, yet I just read a post about someone complaining they didn't get one.

Oh well. Guess you can't please everyone. Or in this case, anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Seems everything they do is still all or nothing.

They even send them them to Platinum, Diamond and FTTF members.

Yes, because they need to select check in times too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's amazing how many miss the point trying to defend Carnival. It's a real nuisance to receive e-mails from Carnival when you have an upcoming cruise thinking it's something important that needs immediate attention(as opposed to their usual spam special deals). You doubt yourself that you already chose a check-in time, so you waste 5 minutes logging into your booking (to which you probably forgot your login ID or password) just to find out that it's already been done.

Carnival is a big company. They already have computer techies on payroll (yes, those same rocket scientists that operate the website :rolleyes:) that can create a bot that goes through all the bookings and sends out emails only to the ones who haven't chosen a check-in time.

It's amazing how many miss the point trying to defend Carnival. It's a real nuisance to receive e-mails from Carnival when you have an upcoming cruise thinking it's something important that needs immediate attention(as opposed to their usual spam special deals). You doubt yourself that you already chose a check-in time, so you waste 5 minutes logging into your booking (to which you probably forgot your login ID or password) just to find out that it's already been done.

Carnival is a big company. They already have computer techies on payroll (yes, those same rocket scientists that operate the website :rolleyes:) that can create a bot that goes through all the bookings and sends out emails only to the ones who haven't chosen a check-in time.

Take the 5 mins, check your documents, delete the email, problem solved....be like Elsa and Let It Go

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

It amazes me that you think that only your point is relevant. It's not a big deal to spend 5 minutes checking documentation. I think it's more important for Carnival to make sure EVERYONE has received the necessary email regarding staggered check in's and them stressing the importance of selecting a check in time.

It probably took more time for the OP to draft the first post than it did to realize the email didn't pertain to them, delete then move on. It's not a "real nuisance" unless you choose to make it one. If you forgot your username and password, then whose fault is that? It's not about defending Carnival for me. It's about directing a person to get over it. You're going on vacation. It's not that big of a deal. I would say the same if it had been another company.

We understood your point just fine. You seem to have missed ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Op was having a stressful day already and this added to it. Op also quickly realized how stupid the post was and it was also pointless but couldn't find a way to delete it.

Op was having a stressful day already and this added to it. Op also quickly realized how stupid the post was and it was also pointless but couldn't find a way to delete it.

I've had those days, too. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk