Miracle 3/19 mini review

michelle2

I cruised on the Miracle last week. It was my husband and I plus our two daugthers 17 and 20. This is our 17th cruise and our second time on the Miracle.

We stayed at the Hotel Maya in Long Beach and used their stay and cruise option. It is super convenient. They have a shuttle but we prefer to just walk over. It is probably a little less than a mile. There is a nice walking path along the water.

The ship looked great. We enjoyed the upgrades. The Alchemy Bar was gorgeous. The Red Frog Pub was great with live music and lots of games.

We had the American Table/Feast Menus on the Inspiration in 2014. I have to say that they have changed a lot since then. I think people that tried them in the beginning and didn't like them may be much happier with them now. We found something to order every night. I didn't miss the table cloths on the casual nights, but it was nice on the elegant evenings that they were included and the table looked so much different. It made it feel more special on those two nights. Our service was outstanding.

Here is what we did at each of the ports. None of these are ship excursions. All of them were booked independently online:

Cabo - Whale Watch Cabo, We had a lot of fun but we only saw one whale from a distance. They sent us email with a free whale watch for the 4 of us whenever we are in Cabo again. They are a great company and I would recommend them.

Mazatlan - Maria's Happy Horses, We have done this excursion twice in the past when it was called Randi's Happy Horses. Randi has since passed away but the same family that owns the horses are still involved. You take a water taxi over to Stone Island and ride horses on the beach. Then you can swim on the ocean or hang out a Victor's for food and drinks It is super fun. You can tell we love it since this is our third time on this excursion. We aren't horse people in general. This is just a ton of fun.

Puerto Vallarta - Los Veranos zip line, This a great zip line. It is 14 lines through a dense jungle and back and forth over a canyon. At the end they have a river with two water slides that you can swim in and lots of animals for you to play with. We got to go into their squirrel monkey cage and feed the monkeys yogurt. We got to hold their huge iguana (5 feet long) and their tarantula. My daughters were in heaven.

We had an extended balcony room. We had 3 chairs and a table on the balcony. It was really nice with 4 people sharing the cabin. We used the balcony a lot. Our cabin steward was wonderful. He brought us extra robes and ice every day.

We had a great week. I'm happy to answer any questions.

I'm taking my grand kids ages 3 8 10 and 12 in January on the miracle is the ship kid-friendly? I know it has older water slides and no Seaside theater but do you think they will get bored? Ive only sailed dresm class ships and the Splendor Thank u

I'm taking my grand kids ages 3 8 10 and 12 in January on the miracle is the ship kid-friendly? I know it has older water slides and no Seaside theater but do you think they will get bored? Ive only sailed dresm class ships and the Splendor Thank u

I think your grandkids will have plenty to do. The Miracle has ping pong, basketball, pools, and mini golf. My kids have been cruising since they were 6 and 9 and have lots of fun on the spirit class ships.

Thank you for the information. We will be on Miracle 5/14/2016 with our DD, SIL and 2 grandkids 12 & 7. This is the first cruise for them so we are hoping they have a great time. I was a little disappointed they don't have the Waterworks or Guy's but it sounds like they will have a good time anyway. No excursions yet for Cabo, just going to book once we are there. In PV we are doing Las Caletas. DH and I did it a couple years ago and LVOED it!

Can you tell me more about the Los Veranos Zip lining? We have it booked. :)

How long are you there?

I'm assuming we should wear shorts/closed toed shoes, and then we can bring a beach bag and leave it someplace secure for changing afterwards?

Do they have people there taking pictures or video you can purchase? I definitely want pictures, but want to focus on ziplining, not bringing my camera.

Did you order food/drinks at the swimming area? How were they?

thanks!!

Can you tell me more about the Los Veranos Zip lining? We have it booked. :)

How long are you there?

I'm assuming we should wear shorts/closed toed shoes, and then we can bring a beach bag and leave it someplace secure for changing afterwards?

Do they have people there taking pictures or video you can purchase? I definitely want pictures, but want to focus on ziplining, not bringing my camera.

Did you order food/drinks at the swimming area? How were they?

thanks!!

We took a taxi to the canopy office ($24 for 4 people). Our meet up time was 11:45. It is about a 45 drive from there to the zip line. We did the course, played with the animals, and swam in the river. The bus left at 4:00. They divided us up by where we were staying. We were the only ones from the ship. They took us all the way to the pier. It was probably around 5:00 or a little later by the time got to the ship.

They have nice big free lockers to use. My backpack fit in it. Shorts and closed toed shoes are perfect.

They have people taking pictures of you along the way. I brought my point and shoot on a lanyard. We didn't even look at the pictures that they took. I don't know how much they cost.

My husband got a mojito from the bar and he liked it. Lots of people ordered food and it looked good, but we didn't get anything.

I hope you have fun. We love it there!

Thanks! I'm very excited about this! :D

How was the Ameican Table Menu changed from when you first tried it?

Do you know if the Miracle has the new room service menu?

They added a lot of the soups back into the menu. There were plenty of hot soups (broccoli, pumpkin, French onion, corn chowder, potato leek) and cold soups (strawberry, peach ginger) maybe some more. The flatbreads are no longer served for the table. Instead of offering them every night they were only on the menu two nights and they were served as an individual appetizer. There were several new dishes that we really liked (crispy portobello mushrooms for an entire, stuffed cannelloni for an appetizer). One of our favorite old dishes was a chicken breast with pasta and a cream mushroom sauce. It is now included on the menu just without the chicken. They also brought back the Indian vegetarian entre every night. We also liked the new bread baskets. There is a vary of breads each night, probably 4 or 5 each night.

The Miracle does have the new room service menu. We looked at it but didn't order anything.

Does the ship change to port time in PV ? Thank you for your review .Ive done outdoor adventure there but others in group would like to do canopy tour that u did way better prices :)

We moved the clocks forward one hour on Mazatlan night and back an hour on the sea day after Puerto Vallarta. Our itinerary was sea day, Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, sea day, sea day. With the time change, ship time was always the same as port time.

You can't beat Los Veranos price of $67. I hope you have fun!

Went to stone island some time ago but from a Royal Caribbean ship. Does Carnival dock in the same area so it's walkable to the water taxi over?

BonVoyage

Dawna

You can walk to the water taxi. Leave the port, walk left about a half mile and you are down to the taxi area to Stone Island.

• 2 months later...

Mazatlan - Maria's Happy Horses, We have done this excursion twice in the past when it was called Randi's Happy Horses. Randi has since passed away but the same family that owns the horses are still involved. You take a water taxi over to Stone Island and ride horses on the beach. Then you can swim on the ocean or hang out a Victor's for food and drinks It is super fun. You can tell we love it since this is our third time on this excursion. We aren't horse people in general. This is just a ton of fun.

Thanks for the info. Quick question regarding this tour..... I saw on Maria's website that water taxi is included in price of $35 per person. If you stay and enjoy the beach after the horses.... are you left taking a water taxi back and paying for it or do you get some sort of wristband for your ride back? Thanks!

Edited by QTPieRye

Does the ship change to port time in PV ? Thank you for your review .Ive done outdoor adventure there but others in group would like to do canopy tour that u did way better prices :)

My wife and I did Los Veranos off of a Princess cruise. Great fun people. Good safety brief with a lot of goofing off by the crew. I got called Mr Go Pro as they got me a special helmet to mount my go Pro. First few lines are training lines. You'll be carrying your zip line pulley with you from line to line. Every few lines the last guide would run behind us and grab my wife for her and take it up hill.

Be sure you go upside down! That was a blast. Very safe and fun.

After zip lining, you get the tequila show. History and samples. We ended up with 2 bottles of the chocolate one that my Mom uses on ice cream. We did buy the DVD, they liked my wife and had a lot of good shots of her.

Enjoyed the monkeys and had beers and chips with another couple. They dropped us off at Walmart with plenty of time to get some last minute stuff and still got back with plenty of time.

Closed toe shoes a must, if you have long hair you'll need to have something to rein it in. Bug repellent a very good idea. We walked to the meeting point. about 1/2 mile to the left of dock.

My daughter did the Adventure tours one off the Miracle, and loved it. When you have to wear a hockey helmet and face mask to go down water slide tells me you'd better be in good shape. She said she got beat up going down and she's a college cheerleader.

Anyways, can't recommend Los Veranos high enough.

Thanks for the review! We are considering this cruise next summer and one thing my daughter wants to do is zipline, so I'm very interested in Los Verano.

Does this zipline tour require lots of climbing? My husband and I have been on 2 zlipline tours. The first one was in Honduras and they basically took you near the top and each line fed into the next line so there wasn't a lot of climbing. The second one we did was in Cancun and it had LOTS of climbing - at the end we were just wishing it was over! I don't mind some, but in Cancun, each line required climbing to the top of a tower.

This one doesn't sound like that at all, but I wanted to verify before showing it to everyone!

Thanks!

Thanks for the review! We are considering this cruise next summer and one thing my daughter wants to do is zipline, so I'm very interested in Los Verano.

Does this zipline tour require lots of climbing? My husband and I have been on 2 zlipline tours. The first one was in Honduras and they basically took you near the top and each line fed into the next line so there wasn't a lot of climbing. The second one we did was in Cancun and it had LOTS of climbing - at the end we were just wishing it was over! I don't mind some, but in Cancun, each line required climbing to the top of a tower.

This one doesn't sound like that at all, but I wanted to verify before showing it to everyone!

Thanks!

You did have to do some hiking. It really wasn't that bad. My out of shape wife would hike and vape at the same time. She loved it, and didn't complain too much, so i'd say not to strenuous.

You did have to do some hiking. It really wasn't that bad. My out of shape wife would hike and vape at the same time. She loved it, and didn't complain too much, so i'd say not to strenuous.

Thanks for the reply! It sounds like it would be fine for us!