Balconies affected by the no lights at night rule?

eugeniuss

Have searched without success for which decks and rooms are actually affected by the no lights at night on the balcony rules near the bridge. Specifically the Breeze if anyone knows since that's the ship we are looking to book.

FYI, we are looking at Deck 9.

Have searched without success for which decks and rooms are actually affected by the no lights at night on the balcony rules near the bridge. Specifically the Breeze if anyone knows since that's the ship we are looking to book.

FYI, we are looking at Deck 9.

What no lights at night rule? I've never heard of this.

I do know that having lights on a balcony can be quite annoying to other people who enjoy sitting out at night and looking up at the stars.

I never heard of this either but it makes sense. I wonder if there is a master switch that overrides the specific cabins when necessary.

I wish I had one of those at times when my neighbors leave their light on and they are not out there.

It's at the discretion of the Captain if you can turn the balcony lights on while underway. Out of the eight Carnival cruises we have taken, only once were we able to turn the light on. And as far as I know, it's all or nothing. Not just a few. When you stop and think about it, the bridge is forward of all of the cabins. They say it has to do with navigation but how could what's behind the bridge affect sight in front of the bridge.

When you stop and think about it, the bridge is forward of all of the cabins. They say it has to do with navigation but how could what's behind the bridge affect sight in front of the bridge.

You're only thinking on the ship. Think off the ship. International navigation rules say that no lights on a ship shall interfere with the visibility of the navigation lights. Next time you see a cruise ship going by in the night, notice how hard it is to see the red or green nav light or the masthead lights. The position and color of the lights indicate the ships direction and activity.

Edited by Aquahound

I have only heard this for cabins at the very front of the ship, not balconies. I've never experienced 'lights out' on balconies and all of my balconies have been in the forward most section of ships from Destiny up to Breeze.

And we were just the opposite. Only one time out of eight were we able to use the light and we always have the first cabins toward the pool on the Panorama Deck which would make it the beginning of the middle third of the ships.

Have always had the balcony lights work, however wish they didn't for the time I had a neighbor who apparently didn't know how to turn it off and it stayed on all night every night. We take a small battery powered candle to sit on the table for a soft light at night if on the balcony.

Edited by JLee1973

We always book Panorama forward balconies & ours have never worked (Conquest, Triumph, Magic & Freedom). We were on the Breeze last week & were in cabins 12014 & 12016 (Spa deck) & our lights worked. We were surprised that they did.

We are so use to them not working that we don't miss them one way or the other.

Have always had the balcony lights work, however wish they didn't for the time I had a neighbor who apparently didn't know how to turn it off and it stayed on all night every night. We take a small battery powered candle to sit on the table for a soft light at night if on the balcony.

We had the exact same problem, we put a sticky note on their door and the next day the light was out. They said they did not even know it was on and thanked us.

What no lights at night rule? I've never heard of this.

I do know that having lights on a balcony can be quite annoying to other people who enjoy sitting out at night and looking up at the stars.

Or joining the balcony club.

Why do you need a light? Open your drapes, and plenty of light will spill onto your balcony, without annoying those who are trying to have a dark atmosphere to see the stars, or meditate, or whatever folks do on their balcony!

Why do you need a light? Open your drapes, and plenty of light will spill onto your balcony, without annoying those who are trying to have a dark atmosphere to see the stars, or meditate, or whatever folks do on their balcony!

I like my balcony light on when I sit out there at night. No neighbor, unless they are paying for my room, is going to decide otherwise for me.

We were in the Capt. suite on the Valor and our wonderful room steward always had the shades on the front of the room drawn when we came back from dinner. Nothing was ever said about the balcony but we decided to leave them off just in case.:D

We were in the Capt. suite on the Valor and our wonderful room steward always had the shades on the front of the room drawn when we came back from dinner. Nothing was ever said about the balcony but we decided to leave them off just in case.:D

True, we have done two diff captains suites and have had draped drawn. Even received a call one asking us to recluse them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like my balcony light on when I sit out there at night. No neighbor, unless they are paying for my room, is going to decide otherwise for me.

It is your vacation after all.....really????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is exactly what is wrong with people these days. If you leave your light on all night and disturbs your neighbors that's a problem. I don't care if you sit out there and use the light just when you're done turn it off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

One neat thing carnival ships do when one passes another going in the opposite direction, is the dancing lights thing! They can control all the external lights in dif pattern, and the Captains try too outdo each other with their light displays!

Over the years I've read different threads on cc regarding neighbors leaving their balcony lights on. After many years of cruising, I had this awful experience. In April on the Pride we had a balcony mid-ship on the Panorama deck and our neighbors had the light on every night--all night long. I discovered they were sitting out there reading all night. It was so bright. So annoying and I hated going out on the balcony at night with lights glaring.

We essentially had a non-usable balcony at night that cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nodogkisses