Carnival Gift Cards

There are some rewards programs that exchange points for a discount on the cards. AARP and Verizon Smart rewards often have cards for 10% discount.

Paypal hasEbay flash sales every so often where the give $15 oof a minimum $75 purchase.

Other than the places that Rock_Dr mentioned, you can often purchase them at retail outlets (Kroger, Lowes, etc). Those are not discounted, though.

I buy them because it's a way for me to save for my cruise and cruise spending money without being tempted to use that money for something else because it's locked in.

Can anyone tell me where you can purchase Carnival gift cards? Why do so many people buy these, is it like a savings account that you aren't working so hard towards?:)

We have purchased gift cards to give as gifts. We also buy gift cards through Verizon and AARP because they are 10% off. We earn points by paying our phone bill (Verizon) and by taking online surveys (AARP). Gift cards are available in denominations of $100 for 1,000 points plus $90 and $500 for 5,000 points $450. Where else can we earn 10% in savings nowadays?

Hmmm... I wish Amazon had them. I maintain an Amazon Wish List, and people often use it for a quick gift idea for me...

I'm pretty sure that some have mentioned buying them from Amazon, ... but be wary, apparently there has been issues with them sometimes not being legit.

We are going on a family cruise in February. I started buying gift cards, through Carnival, for birthdays, anniversaries and for Christmas. I bought several 25 and 50 cards and now, those are not available. The smallest denomination is $100!! The cruise cash cards seemed to be delivered in staterooms. I don't want those. I've never seen them sold locally, but will try to scope it out. Grrrrr, just when I thought I had all my Christmas shopping planned out.

We are going on a family cruise in February. I started buying gift cards, through Carnival, for birthdays, anniversaries and for Christmas. I bought several 25 and 50 cards and now, those are not available. The smallest denomination is $100!! The cruise cash cards seemed to be delivered in staterooms. I don't want those. I've never seen them sold locally, but will try to scope it out. Grrrrr, just when I thought I had all my Christmas shopping planned out.

Locally we can buy them at Lowes and Meijer.

According to the Carnival website, they're sold "at approximately 9,000 retail locations; including Kroger, Giant Eagle, Hyvee, Price Chopper, Safeway, Meijer, Albertsons, Lowes, Winn Dixie and Office Max. Publix will join the list of retail locations in the 1st quarter of 2015."

We have purchased gift cards to give as gifts. We also buy gift cards through Verizon and AARP because they are 10% off. We earn points by paying our phone bill (Verizon) and by taking online surveys (AARP). Gift cards are available in denominations of $100 for 1,000 points plus $90 and $500 for 5,000 points $450. Where else can we earn 10% in savings nowadays?

I've bought several through the AARP Rewards for good program. Love saving the 10%. Yesterday, I was able to buy a $25 & $50 card less $15 on the Ebay flash sale for a total of $60. Hope I can do that again.

I now have 2 $500 & 1 $100 to use for deposits on next year's B2B that I'll book onboard in January. It will be nice to get the cruise for 10% by paying with the GCs.

Edited by Sparky2

How does the AARP program work? Is it a points-based system where you have to earn enough points to get the card, or can you literally exchange money for the cards just by virtue of being a member?

Hmmm... I wish Amazon had them. I maintain an Amazon Wish List, and people often use it for a quick gift idea for me...

They used to have them. I bought some last year using some amazon rewards points from a credit card I had. I had no issues with the ones I purchased, but they were sold and shipped by amazon and not some other seller. I really wish they still sold them. That was basically "free" money when I used my rewards points to pay for the entire purchase price of the gift card.

How does the AARP program work? Is it a points-based system where you have to earn enough points to get the card, or can you literally exchange money for the cards just by virtue of being a member?

You earn 1000 points to be able to purchase a $100 GC for $90.59 (including shipping). Awesome thing is, you usually receive a promo code in the mail inside envelope with the gift card that's worth another 1000 points. So you get your points back with the purchase. Pretty neat!

You "earn" points. You get some points just for checking out the page. You can also earn points by filling out questionaires or reading an add. Youdo not need to be a member but must set up an account.

On the AARP main page there is a link to "Reward for Goods."

Can you use the gift cards to pay off the balance of your S&S account or can they just be used to pay balance of your cruise fare?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can put down a gift card just as you do cash or a credit card for the S&S account.

They can be used for paying off your cruise online or used on board ship for almost everything. The only place I know that you can't use them is online in the Fun Shops. I am hoping that will change before my cruise next year since I have enough to buy the Cheers package and would like to save the extra by buying it early and not on board the ship.

My first few cruises I would get my bill at the end of the cruise, which was applied to a credit card. And most of the time I said "I spent that much?" So I started buying gift cards. I estimated how much I would spend on the cruise and apply it to my S&S card. Works great, no sticker shock at the end of the cruise.

I paid for almost my entire Vista cruise using gift cards bought off Verizon. I had 0 price drops on our sailing (and I am not anticipating any) so being able to save 10% is pretty substantial (in fact, our 4th passenger was almost free doing this when you look at the actual price break down per passenger).

I also have $500 in extra cards for my on-board account. Another $50 saved is not bad at all....

I've bought several through the AARP Rewards for good program. Love saving the 10%. Yesterday, I was able to buy a $25 & $50 card less $15 on the Ebay flash sale for a total of $60. Hope I can do that again.

I now have 2 $500 & 1 $100 to use for deposits on next year's B2B that I'll book onboard in January. It will be nice to get the cruise for 10% by paying with the GCs.

I didn't know you could use gift cards to pay the deposit. every time I do it online, it asks for a credit card number. am I just missing it? thx

I just joined the AARP website, and in a little over an hour earned enough points for $50 off $500. It was fairly simple. I will do more tomorrow, as I want to pay for all of our excursions, plus spending money. Works for us!! I will also get a card to pay the balance due.