Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

If you need something to drink then you can get a Coca Cola/Pepsi/bottled water for 15-20 kroner.

A cop of coffee is probably the same and probably double up if you visit a café.

A hot dog will probably be around 25-30 kroner.

A sandwich or bagel is 40-50 kroner.

If you go to a restaurant then expect to pay from 200-300 kroner for a decent meal.

There are some cheap buffets on and near Strøget where you can get all you can eat for around 100 kroner but the quality is so so.

Hi Danish Viking

What are the names of the cheap buffets and what do they serve? I like cheap prices:)

Hi Danish Viking,

My cruise is coming up soon. I am not sure if you have given me directions on how to get to town hall, if so please forgive me, I thought I saved it somewhere.

I have booked my free Copenhagen Walking tour. we need to be there for our 11:00 Am tour. We are leaving Cabin Scandinavia to go to the Dragon Fountain at the Town Hall.

I tried getting the schedules from Rejesplanen but I did not know the address of the Town Hall.

Can you help me?

Hi Danish Viking,

My cruise is coming up soon. I am not sure if you have given me directions on how to get to town hall, if so please forgive me, I thought I saved it somewhere.

I have booked my free Copenhagen Walking tour. we need to be there for our 11:00 Am tour. We are leaving Cabin Scandinavia to go to the Dragon Fountain at the Town Hall.

I tried getting the schedules from Rejesplanen but I did not know the address of the Town Hall.

Can you help me?

Town Hall address: Rådhuspladsen 1, 1599 København, Denmark

Assuming your Cabinn Scandinavia is in Fredricksberg, I used google maps.

Walking it would take 17 minutes, I saw public transportation takes 12-14 minutes.[/url]

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cabinn+Scandinavia,+Vodroffsvej,+Frederiksberg,+Denmark/Copenhagen+City+Hall,+R%C3%A5dhuspladsen+1,+1599+K%C3%B8benhavn,+Denmark/@55.6783828,12.5587823,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525259bf96e567:0xbbc98435b67fa50d!2m2!1d12.5559139!2d55.6812623!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530df9af1805:0x44b329679d55715c!2m2!1d12.5701632!2d55.6752833!3e2

See if the link works

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

Hi Danish Viking

What are the names of the cheap buffets and what do they serve? I like cheap prices:)

We ate at Riz Raz, a popular vegetarian buffet restaurant. I'm not even vegetarian, but I found the food to be really good. There was pasta, salads, fresh bread, etc. and you can order meat for an additional cost if you want. There are two locations (we ate outside at the Store Kannikestraede location) and last year the lunch buffet cost 79 DKK and the evening buffet was 99 DKK.

Store Kannikestraede 19 (with a reportedly larger menu)

Compagnistraede 20

I also read about Spaghetteria La Perla which offers pasta and pizza for 100 DKK (not a buffet), but it was closed for their summer holiday when we were there so we didn't get to try it. Location: Landemaerket 27

And finally, a couple of other places that I read about which offer lower-cost meals:

The Dubliner (Amagertorv 5) Nice Irish pub. Fish & chips for 109 DKK

Holberg No. 19 – Sandwiches and salads; tapas and quesadillas. Order at the bar. A block off the Nyhavn canal and offers lower prices than Nyhavn restaurants. (Quesadillas @ 75 DKK) Friendly, low-key vibe

We ate at Riz Raz, a popular vegetarian buffet restaurant. I'm not even vegetarian, but I found the food to be really good. There was pasta, salads, fresh bread, etc. and you can order meat for an additional cost if you want. There are two locations (we ate outside at the Store Kannikestraede location) and last year the lunch buffet cost 79 DKK and the evening buffet was 99 DKK.

Compagnistraede 20

I also read about Spaghetteria La Perla which offers pasta and pizza for 100 DKK (not a buffet), but it was closed for their summer holiday when we were there so we didn't get to try it. Location: Landemaerket 27

And finally, a couple of other places that I read about which offer lower-cost meals:

Holberg No. 19 – Sandwiches and salads; tapas and quesadillas. Order at the bar. A block off the Nyhavn canal and offers lower prices than Nyhavn restaurants. (Quesadillas @ 75 DKK) Friendly, low-key vibe

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Compagnistraede 20

Hi Gradut

Wow! grateful for all your suggestions. Saving them all right now!

Sorry for my inactivity but I got pneumonia (I think it is, Lungebetændelse in Danish) after I got home from Roskilde so I haven´t been on top. :D

I will return with replys to the many questions if they aren´t answered yet but First I will reply to an ongoing question about the kissing bridge.

The bridge that will connect Nyhavn with the Opera, Copenhagen Street Foood etc etc should have opened 3 years ago but now it has happened.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1nAJEqYlreoJL

This is wonderful! - I just figured out this was open We are thinking of walking across to get to Copenhagen Street Food. I was reading an older travel guide on tripadvisor and they suggested a bike or water taxi. But using google maps I see that it should take us less than 10 minutes to walk across. :D

Actually google maps has been very helpful in planning. I think we will be walking between most of our stops. At the most they seem to be 15 to 20 minutes apart walking.

DV-

Is there another entrance to Tivoli other than the one on Vesterbrogade? We're trying to plan a route to avoid the crowds around City Hall Square on August 20. Thank you!

Yes, there is another entrance. See Paragraph 2 from this entry from the Tivoli website:

"To enter Tivoli, please use the Main Entrance in Vesterbrogade and the Central Station entrance in Bernstorffsgade.

The Glyptotek entrance on the corner of Tietgensgade and H. C. Andersens Boulevard is open from 6/4 - 25/9 2016. On Fridays the Glyptotek entrance will be staffed from 19.00 - 23.00.

Entrance to Tivoli outside the season If you going to see a performance in the Glass- or Concert Hall outside the seasons, please use the Main Entrance to Tivoli at Vesterbrogade 3."

As evident by my photo guide (link on the first page) there is 2 bus stops at Østerport.

Bus 27 will meet up will 26 at the Østerport, Sløjfen bus stop and 25 and 26 will meet up at the Østerport st. bus stop.

At Nørreport you will go out to the far north end of the station square where the busses departs from.

Hello Danish Viking: just came back from Copenhagen and you've been a great help.

It might worth to note that now Busses 25, 26 and 27 all meet up at Osterport, Slojfen bus stop.

Thanks for all of your help. Is there a taxi price calculator in English? I did a search, and the only one I could find was in Danish.

I know we can take a train from the Copenhagen Towers to Tivoli, but the walk to the trains station is a but much for us so we are thinking of taking a taxi to Tivoli Gardens. We know there's lots of walking in Tivoli, but we can take our time and stop to rest along the way.

Thanks for all of your help. Is there a taxi price calculator in English? I did a search, and the only one I could find was in Danish.

I know we can take a train from the Copenhagen Towers to Tivoli, but the walk to the trains station is a but much for us so we are thinking of taking a taxi to Tivoli Gardens. We know there's lots of walking in Tivoli, but we can take our time and stop to rest along the way.

This is a worldwide taxi fare estimator (in English) that I commonly use:

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/

And to calculate the currency exchange rate:

http://www.xe.com/

Hello Danish Viking,

My family (4 people) is arriving in CPH on Aug 30 at 12:45pm. My dad is in a wheelchair. By the time with luggages pickup, it will be 1:30pm. We will head out to Norreport Station and Bus 25 to Oceankaj because it is elevator access. How long does it take to reach Oceankaj? Is #25 bus wheelchair accessible?

Thanks for all your information.

Hello Danish Viking,

Or should I take a taxi? On princess website, it says the taxi can only take 2 passengers and 2 to 4 luggages at 500DKK from airport to port. With a family of 4 then it will be 1000DKK versus 144DKK by public transportation.

I was on the 25 bus in June. A gentleman boarded with a motorized scooter. They had a ramp that the driver got out of the bus and manually lowered to put the scooter onboard. Not sure what they do if the bus is so full they can't fit the chair on.

Private car hire? Had one last year and there were 6 people in a van plus luggage. I don't recall what it cost.

Edited by makiramarlena

I was on the 25 bus in June. A gentleman boarded with a motorized scooter. They had a ramp that the driver got out of the bus and manually lowered to put the scooter onboard. Not sure what they do if the bus is so full they can't fit the chair on.

Private car hire? Had one last year and there were 6 people in a van plus luggage. I don't recall what it cost.

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated! Do you remember how long was the bus ride or the private car ride?

The taxis take from 4 to 7 persons and maybe 9 if you take a minivan.

the price is around 350 to 450 kroner depending on the size of the car, time of day and what route the driver takes.

Via the motorway is around 22 kilometers but via Amager Strandvej its only around 16 kilometers.

That princess says that the taxis only take 2 persons is probably just to scare people to use the shuttles.

The 25 bus doesn´t have a fixed schedule but runs every 20-30 minute so it can be a long wait if the bus has recently departed.

We will have 6 people, 2 of whom are teens/young adults who will be paying for themselves, so we are looking at places on the cheaper end ;)

Thursday and Friday evenings - will it be impossible to get into restaurants without reservations? Easier if we are doing more casual/cheaper places?

I am looking at Grøften in Tivoli Gardens for Thursday.

And I really don't know at all for Friday - Spaghetteria La Perla, Sporvejen, Restaurant Karla, or even Torvehallerne are all possibilities. I am planning on Copenhagen Street Food for lunch.

We arrive Thursday afternoon after a 10 hr. flight and 7 hr time change - I am really having a hard time predicting how hungry we will be, or when.

It is possible we could try and make reservations the day before, or earlier the same day once we see how we have acclimated.

Its mostly the Michelin restaurants where you need to reserve a table.

If you are a little flexible with your dinner time it should be okay to book a day ahead.

Some restaurants has problems with people not showing up when they have reserved a table and that means 2 things.

1) its a possibility that you can get a table by just showing up.

2) some restaurants has started to add a booking fee so maybe you have to pay when you book.

Its mostly the Michelin restaurants where you need to reserve a table.

If you are a little flexible with your dinner time it should be okay to book a day ahead.

Some restaurants has problems with people not showing up when they have reserved a table and that means 2 things.

1) its a possibility that you can get a table by just showing up.

2) some restaurants has started to add a booking fee so maybe you have to pay when you book.

Thanks - I think we can be flexible! We have multiple choices for each meal - if one doesn't work out we will try another.

I think its time for a new thread, I will not answer any questions in the old thread as the answer might be here instead.

Pier Information.

http://www.cmport.dk/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/season-current

Transportation

Public transportation

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/service/for-tourists/

Price from the airport to central Copenhagen or the piers is 36 DKK

From central Copenhagen to the piers is 24 DKK

Public busses

26 goes to Indiakaj near Langelinie and stops at the central station, Town Hall Square, Kongens Nytorv/Nyhavn and Østerport

25 and 27 goes to Oceankaj via Nørreport (only 25) and Østerport.

The new timetable for 25 should be online sometime in April

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinformation/koereplaner/koereplaner-bus/25/

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/26-0026-131215.pdf

http://dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/27-0027-131215.pdf

And here is my photoguide on how to use them

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048740&page=11

Info about luggage storage at the central station.

http://en.hovedbanen.dk/dsb-information/dsb-luggage-service/

Taxi

Dantaxi

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

Taxi Nord

http://www.taxinord.dk/

4x27

http://amagerobrotaxi.dk/

Taxi Nord has a practical price calculater

http://www.taxinord.dk/nyttig-info/beregn-pris-paa-taxi.html

akst 1 and 3 is normal hours.

Takst 2 and 4 is night after Friday and Saturday from 23:00 to 07:00 and public holidays.

To quickly sum of the taxi situation at Oceankaj.

In general they don´t accept prebooking at Oceankaj because in their experience people just takes the first available taxi instead of the one they booked.

but they say that there should be plenty of taxis all the time.

So ask away :D

Thank you for all of this valuable information...