Caribbean Princess Thermal spa

mem50

You have to ask yourself how many days do you think you will go. If I am a port intensive cruise, I will probably only go 2-3 times, if not intensive, I will go 4-5 times. If you think you would go more than the price per day, sign up for the week. It is very relaxing.

Basically, it is a combination of aromatherapy and steam. They have some heated chairs to lay on, a couple of showers with different scents, & steam and sauna rooms with scents. Relaxing, especially after the sometimes hectic port days.

What is the price for the week, and if it's an amount per couple, does this mean couple can go together? Is it a private steam room or are you in there with other people? This sounds very relaxing, but not sure I'd want to be in the steam room with other people. Would be alot of fun with just Mr Griswald, though;) !

That's the great thing about the thermal suite, on Princess and other lines with a similar room, I have never had a sales plug. You ask at the front desk for the thermal suite for the day or week and pay with your cabin card, that't it.

I'm unsure of the price. From memory, I want to say $15 a day. It's not private, but many times I have been alone in the room or very few people.

What is the price for the week, and if it's an amount per couple, does this mean couple can go together? Is it a private steam room or are you in there with other people? This sounds very relaxing, but not sure I'd want to be in the steam room with other people. Would be alot of fun with just Mr Griswald, though;) !

If you want a private experience with your significant other than the Couples Rasul will likely be what you're looking for. We've not done it yet but have it booked for our upcoming cruise. From my research you get the rasul room for 50 minutes all to yourselves complete with mud, steam, shower etc. Supposed to be quite the experience. :) Cost is $83 and if you wish to pre-book on the cruise personalizer its just listed as the Rasul (indicates more of a singles activity) so book that and then both show up.

The Thermal Suite (or Thermal Retreat) is a nice warm room with soft music and beautiful mosaic couches heated from inside. DW loves just to lie on them and relax. Then there is an aroma room, slightly warm with spice scented breezes. There is a very nice large sauna and a nice large steam room. Then you use the tropical rain shower, and when you hit the button get the icy mist! It is all wonderfully relaxing. We never miss a day, and usually on sea days get there at least twice.

It is not co-ed but not private, so you need to keep your swim suit on! But it was very lightly used when we were aboard, and rarely did we encounter more than another couple of people in it.

When we were on Sapphire Princess, use of the Thermal Retreat was free with spa treatments, or $10 per day by itself. It is well worth the price, IMHO!

I loved it...those stone beds were beyond belief...the steam rooms were so relazing...but again the stone beds were so comfortable...then there was a rain forest type showers...it was like a dream come true...I loved it so much.

Can you do this without getting the hard sell for their products from the spa staff?

You know, I am very good at saying "NO!" so I have never seen any problem with this. But apparently it bothers a lot of people.

My DW has a simple solution: as soon as she enters the treatment room she says, "I am here to relax and your tip depends on how much I can relax. If you try to sell me stuff I won't relax, and there goes your tip." Works every time for her!

>:-)

Archived