Mazatlan Stone Beach Tour

nadeki

We are returning to Mazatlan this October and I am trying to track down a vendor we used in April 2014. He gave me his card but I lost it. I am counting on he or his company to still be there.

I am putting this out in case anyone used them. I think they had an actual desk in the port shop area when you first walked in. However we met this guy to the left of the entrance.

So, he was on the left side of the entrance once you walked through. He carried a clip board ( I know they all do this) and was selling his excursion.

I think we paid $25 per person. He had a van which took us up the street to the "pier" and onto a vessel that took us across the water to what he called the "mexican limousine" which was pulled by a tractor that took us to the beach. He stayed with us all day and included 2 activities such as horseback riding and banana boat. Food and drink were also included. He stayed with us all day and did all necessary translating. At the end of the day he gave us a tour of the city in his van and back to the ship.

I want to do this again and not the NCL tour to Stone Beach. They also had "offices" in the other ports and I would like to use them there also.

If anyone knows their name or if they are still there I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

We are returning to Mazatlan this October and I am trying to track down a vendor we used in April 2014. He gave me his card but I lost it. I am counting on he or his company to still be there.

I am putting this out in case anyone used them. I think they had an actual desk in the port shop area when you first walked in. However we met this guy to the left of the entrance.

So, he was on the left side of the entrance once you walked through. He carried a clip board ( I know they all do this) and was selling his excursion.

I think we paid $25 per person. He had a van which took us up the street to the "pier" and onto a vessel that took us across the water to what he called the "mexican limousine" which was pulled by a tractor that took us to the beach. He stayed with us all day and included 2 activities such as horseback riding and banana boat. Food and drink were also included. He stayed with us all day and did all necessary translating. At the end of the day he gave us a tour of the city in his van and back to the ship.

I want to do this again and not the NCL tour to Stone Beach. They also had "offices" in the other ports and I would like to use them there also.

If anyone knows their name or if they are still there I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

that sounds like something Mazatlan Frank would do. Last I heard, he was in Canada but may be back in Mazatlan since the ships started calling on that port again. Maybe you can google his name and find him.

Swedish Weave I knew you would be the one with the answer!

I also found the name of King David and will probably book with them online.

THANKS.

Will you be joining us on this trip Oct. 4th, 2015?

Swedish Weave I knew you would be the one with the answer!

I also found the name of King David and will probably book with them online.

THANKS.

Will you be joining us on this trip Oct. 4th, 2015?

We will be on the NCL Sun 10/13, so leave a few cold Pacificos at Stone Island. DON'T DRINK ALL OF THEM !!!

Enjoy your cruise !!!

• 4 weeks later...
I can recommend King David. We travel to Maz every year and have tried all the tour companies. King David has some great guides.

Thanks, this is who I am going to book with.

Looking forward to this day as we had so much fun last time.

Couldn't we just walk down to the 'ferry' spot and then take the 'ferry' across to Stone Beach on our own? (15 minutes walk?)

Then just pay for any food/drink without a tour?

gary

Couldn't we just walk down to the 'ferry' spot and then take the 'ferry' across to Stone Beach on our own? (15 minutes walk?)

gary

Absolutely. That's what many people on here have done, including us.

You do get benefits with the tour but they're optional.

gary

And you can also pick your own restaurant (Coconut shrimp at Lety's is fantastic. 130 pesos last Feb).

I think the water taxi is $3 round trip. 10 minute walk down the beach and your there.

L3.jpg.898fafbeca7599a46d3aa6751b75661a.jpg

And you can also pick your own restaurant (Coconut shrimp at Lety's is fantastic. 130 pesos last Feb).

I think the water taxi is $3 round trip. 10 minute walk down the beach and your there.

That shrimp looks amazing....

We Love Stone Island! .....Sadly, we mIssed it on our last cruise, :( as we were cruising with some first timers that really wanted to see the Cathedral and market shopping area.

But even worse than missing Stone Island, was missing all the delicious food at Lety's !!!! LOVE that place.....:D

How much were the beers? Was there just Pacifico or were other beers offered? Did you buy them in a bucket, or pay for each one individually?

What about that amazing looking shrimp meal... how much for that?

And, are there chairs and umbrellas close to the water? Or just up buy the restaurant?

How much were the beers? Was there just Pacifico or were other beers offered? Did you buy them in a bucket, or pay for each one individually?

And, are there chairs and umbrellas close to the water? Or just up buy the restaurant?

If my memory serves me right, the shrimp plate is about ten dollars US, Beer is around a dollar fifty. They have Pacifico and Corona, and maybe others.

The tables and chairs are away from the water about 100 feet or so because of the tide.

The water at Stone Island is shallow for quite a ways out and is ideal for kids.

The shrimp plate was 130 pesos, so as the other poster stated about $10. They do have buckets but I don't remember the price. I looked at the menu photos I have and the beer prices are not listed.

The palapa structure of Lety's was destroyed by a storm last fall (I think he said). It has been rebuilt and is now a beautiful dining area. There are ample tables and chairs under the roof and more that extend out on the beach.

The shrimp were served with a tossed green salad and mango chutney dressing, a rice dish, and all were excellent. Also comes with chips, and a salsa that they need to bottle and sell.

The owner was there as the host making sure everyone was happy. His son was our server and we couldn't ask for better service. They have Wi-Fi but I think the whole neighborhood has the password - I could never get a connection.

We were there midweek and only one ship in port so it was not crowded at all. Son in law doesn't eat sea food, he had chicken quesadillas (w/salad and rice), and three beers each. I think the total was about $27US plus tip for the two of us (the girls were off doing the salsa/salsa thing).

We started the day walking the blue line to the square, saw the cathedral and went to the Mercado (all free except what you buy in the Mercado). Pulmonia back to the water taxi was about $8, water taxi is $3pp. We met the wives back in the terminal area at the green gazebo and had several buckets. Absolutely fantastic day in Mazatlan.

The shrimp plate was 130 pesos, so as the other poster stated about $10. They do have buckets but I don't remember the price. I looked at the menu photos I have and the beer prices are not listed.

The palapa structure of Lety's was destroyed by a storm last fall (I think he said). It has been rebuilt and is now a beautiful dining area. There are ample tables and chairs under the roof and more that extend out on the beach.

The shrimp were served with a tossed green salad and mango chutney dressing, a rice dish, and all were excellent. Also comes with chips, and a salsa that they need to bottle and sell.

The owner was there as the host making sure everyone was happy. His son was our server and we couldn't ask for better service. They have Wi-Fi but I think the whole neighborhood has the password - I could never get a connection.

We were there midweek and only one ship in port so it was not crowded at all. Son in law doesn't eat sea food, he had chicken quesadillas (w/salad and rice), and three beers each. I think the total was about $27US plus tip for the two of us (the girls were off doing the salsa/salsa thing).

We started the day walking the blue line to the square, saw the cathedral and went to the Mercado (all free except what you buy in the Mercado). Pulmonia back to the water taxi was about $8, water taxi is $3pp. We met the wives back in the terminal area at the green gazebo and had several buckets. Absolutely fantastic day in Mazatlan.

Great! Thanks! We're pretty much leaning towards Lettys :)