Is there a nice town near port in Cannes?

luv2gonow

Hi,

I know Cannes is a tender port but is there a nice town when you get off tender?

Looking for a day with no tours to just walk around get some lunch/ snacks and maybe some shopping.

Can't decide to have the relax no tour at Cannes or Palma de Mallorca?

Would love to go to beach there or if there is a nice town near port

In Palma maybe I should walk around there because such a short port time.

Any info would be great thanks:-)

Kerri

Cannes can be pleasant enough to walk around for a few hours. Just after you get off the tender to your left will be a little street uphill to the older part of town that has some nice restaurants. Going right, you can walk over to the newer part with some shops, a promenade and an area associated with the film festival.

Antibes is a very nice town close to Cannes and is easily reached by bus or train. The two towns can make for a very pleasant easy day on a busy Western Med itinerary. Personally, I like Antibes more than Cannes.

Edited by buggins0402

Cannes can be pleasant enough to walk around for a few hours. Just after you get off the tender to your left will be a little street uphill to the older part of town that has some nice restaurants. Going right, you can walk over to the newer part with some shops, a promenade and an area associated with the film festival.

Antibes is a very nice town close to Cannes and is easily reached by bus or train. The two towns can make for a very pleasant easy day on a busy Western Med itinerary. Personally, I like Antibes more than Cannes.

Thanks I will look into that :-)

Kerri

The old town is beautiful and has an excellent supply of shops, cafes and restaurants. There is also a lovely beach and lots of sights and things to see regarding the Film Festival. All in all, it's a lovely place for wandering and people watching. A recommended port of call.

I just did the NCL Epic W. Med and in my opinion Nice is far superior to Cannes. It's about a 30 min train ride. 7 euros a ticket one way. I had been to Nice before, but not Cannes so I played it by ear once we got off the ship. It took me all of five minutes to decide to go to Nice for the day. However, if you want to go to the beach, Cannes is probably a better option than Nice as Nice's beaches are rocky.

We only had five hours in Mallorca and none of the excursions stood out to me so we wound up relaxing at a restaurant with wifi and then went shopping at an awesome mall that's a quick walk from the ship. (Keeping in mind I'm not a beach person)

Have a great time!

The old town is beautiful and has an excellent supply of shops, cafes and restaurants. There is also a lovely beach and lots of sights and things to see regarding the Film Festival. All in all, it's a lovely place for wandering and people watching. A recommended port of call.

So the beach and film festival area is to the right?

Thanks

I just did the NCL Epic W. Med and in my opinion Nice is far superior to Cannes. It's about a 30 min train ride. 7 euros a ticket one way. I had been to Nice before, but not Cannes so I played it by ear once we got off the ship. It took me all of five minutes to decide to go to Nice for the day. However, if you want to go to the beach, Cannes is probably a better option than Nice as Nice's beaches are rocky.

We only had five hours in Mallorca and none of the excursions stood out to me so we wound up relaxing at a restaurant with wifi and then went shopping at an awesome mall that's a quick walk from the ship. (Keeping in mind I'm not a beach person)

Have a great time!

I heard Nice was nice(lol) but with such a port intensive itinerary

And we are doing a land tour of Italy for a week before would like to relax

In Cannes and Palma. Did you notice the beach near the port

In Palma? Nervous about venturing far at all with such a short time there.

I hear there is a beautiful church there but after Italy and Barcelona I think

I will be " churched" out.

Thanks

Kerri

We tendered ashore and then we turned right and made our way along the waterfront where we passed the beach and continued along to the Festival Theatre and then further along. We turned back, walked along the beach and then made our way up through the winding streets upto the top of the old town. We had a lovely meal in a restaurant and then ambled back down for more sight seeing. We had a lovely relaxing day.

We tendered ashore and then we turned right and made our way along the waterfront where we passed the beach and continued along to the Festival Theatre and then further along. We turned back, walked along the beach and then made our way up through the winding streets upto the top of the old town. We had a lovely meal in a restaurant and then ambled back down for more sight seeing. We had a lovely relaxing day.

Thanks...this sounds perfect.

Kerri