What Resorts in Puerto Vallarta Resort Offer Day Passes?

shilo5

Does anyone know what hotels in Puerto Vallarta offer cruises ship passengers day passes:

1. Sells a day pass to cruise ship passengers

2. What this cost is (ballpark), and

3. If it's easy to find in the Golden Zone

Thanks.

Hotel Krystall = not too far from the cruise terminal - allows cruise passengers (show your cruisecard) to use their pool and beach if you buy your food and drinks there.

Hotels like Mariott and as far as I know also Westin sell daycards at US$ 35,- p.p. of which US$ 25,- is for food and drinks. Both not too far from the terminal, but you need a cab to get there.

In Old town you find some restaurants right on Playa Los Muertos, get a cab or city bus to get there. No pool, a small bathroom to dress. Populair are a.o. Cuates y Cuetes, Langostines, La Palapa.

Seamonkey offers Margaritas for US$ 1.-

Hotel Los Arcos seems to have a pass for US$ 15.- p.p.

Check those maps for information: http://vallartainfo.com/vallarta_marina_map.html

http://vallartainfo.com/vallarta-southside-map.html

Between those areas is the hotelzone, but as far as I know none of these hotels offer daypasses.

I have not been, but I was doing some searching on the subject as well as I am going in November.

What I found is that Vamar Vallarta offers a AI day pass for $34. Also, the Crown Paradise offers one for $69. This is as far as I have gotten, so I do not know about locations in regards to the cruise terminals just yet. Hope this info helps some.

Hotel Krystall = not too far from the cruise terminal - allows cruise passengers (show your cruisecard) to use their pool and beach if you buy your food and drinks there.

Haven't been to PV in about 15 years but we always used to 'sneak' into the Krystal hotel and use the pool. It's beautiful!

Haven't been to PV in about 15 years but we always used to 'sneak' into the Krystal hotel and use the pool. It's beautiful!

The pool and gardens have changed since a few years. It is smaller now since a few years ago Hilton took a part of the garden and pool. Of course the beach is still nice and not that far from the cruise terminal.

The pool and gardens have changed since a few years. It is smaller now since a few years ago Hilton took a part of the garden and pool. Of course the beach is still nice and not that far from the cruise terminal.

Good to know. Thanks Ine!

That is alot for sure!

Do you happen to know how close it is to ship

dock and if you take a taxi or what?

Thanks.

HR Vallarta is NW of the port in Nuevo Vallarta. It is roughly 9 miles and a first-time visitor would get there by taxi. It's about a 20 minute ride.

A white port taxi would charge per person one way. A yellow Vallarta city taxi would charge per taxi ride with up to four passengers one way.

Return would be via the taxi company operating in the Nuevo Vallarta area.

Taxi rates will be a little higher than normal because your travel, each way, takes the taxi driver outside their operational zones and they must return empty.

I haven't been to Nuevo Vallarta in quite a few years. If I had to make a guess, estimated taxi fare would be around 200 pesos for a yellow city taxi.

Ine the link for Vallarta was fabulous thank you

You are welcome. The guy JR who makes them also keeps them up to date. One of the best websites re Vallarta.

• 4 weeks later...

Hotels like Mariott and as far as I know also Westin sell daycards at US$ 35,- p.p. of which US$ 25,- is for food and drinks. Both not too far from the terminal, but you need a cab to get there.

In Old town you find some restaurants right on Playa Los Muertos, get a cab or city bus to get there. No pool, a small bathroom to dress. Populair are a.o. Cuates y Cuetes, Langostines, La Palapa.

Seamonkey offers Margaritas for US$ 1.-

Hotel Los Arcos seems to have a pass for US$ 15.- p.p.

Check those maps for information: http://vallartainfo.com/vallarta_marina_map.html

http://vallartainfo.com/vallarta-southside-map.html

Between those areas is the hotelzone, but as far as I know none of these hotels offer daypasses.

Do you have the website for Krystal's? I tried looking on the internet but there were a few listed. I don't know which is the correct website and I want to book a massage. TIA!

http://www.krystal-hotels.com/puertovallarta/english

Avenida De Las Garzas S/N

Zona Hotelera Norte

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco

México 48300

Tel: +52 (322) 226-0700

Fax: +52 (322) 226-0738

reservacionespuertovallarta@krystal-hotels.com

reservaciones@krystal-hotels.com

http://www.krystal-hotels.com

Edited by Ine

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.krystal-hotels.com/puertovallarta/english

Avenida De Las Garzas S/N

Zona Hotelera Norte

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco

México 48300

Tel: +52 (322) 226-0700

Fax: +52 (322) 226-0738

reservacionespuertovallarta@krystal-hotels.com

reservaciones@krystal-hotels.com

http://www.krystal-hotels.com

Thank you Ine. I have been following your posts regarding The Krystall Hotel in PV. We are going to be in Puerto Vallarta this January, arriving on The Carnival Miracle. There will be a group of 6-10 adults and we were looking for a resort/beach day and this sounds perfect. I was just wondering if you happen to know if they still let cruise ship passengers use the resort? We are happy to buy a day pass or just buy our food and drinks from the resort. I don't want to be seen as "sneaking" into the resort.

Any other information is much appreciated.

As far as I know they still do, but to be sure why not send them an e-mail.

I called the 800 # that you had posted from the link to the website. The staff at the Krystal was friendly and helpful. Yes, they still sell day passes to cruise ship passengers. The cost is 100 pesos. I was told that is $13-$14 US. Please show your ship card.The resort has worked a deal with the cruise ships. The standard rate of the pass is 300 pesos.

The day pass includes the use of the facilities. The pass does not include food and drinks, those are on a pay as you go basis. They also ask that you bring your own towels as those are not provided to cruise passengers. The passes are bought at the front desk and you will be issued a wrist band. There is no pre purchase just go to the front desk on arrival.

This sounds like a terrific deal and is exactly what our group is looking for. A nice leisurely day at a pretty beach resort and just a short walk from the port. The ship sponsored resort excursion is all inclusive but more pricey and requires a 25 minute bus ride to get there. The biggest problem that i saw was the limited time at the resort.

Thank you again Ine for your very helpful information. We are very much looking forward to our day in Puerto Vallarta.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app