PV Zoo worth it?

theloo

We are stopping in PV for about 8 hours with our 3 kids and my in-laws. A friend recommended the PV zoo because you can sometimes interact with baby animals. Looking on the map, it looks like the PV zoo is quite away from town with a longish taxi ride each way. Is there time to check out PV (malecon, Los Arcos, and stroll around downtown) and the zoo? Or is that too ambitious? Thanks for any advice.

My grandsons love to go to the Zoo. But indeed you need a cab going and returning. Busride is possible, but takes much longer and you need to change buses and make a walk, going to the zoo and inside the zoo.

Interacting depends what baby animals are born and if they are ready to pet, be aware you also pay a surcharge for this.

Apart from the admission fee, you can also buy some food to give to the animals. Absolutely bring repellent, as mosquitos love this place too.

If it is worth the visit? Depends how often you go to a zoo in your vicinity. Depending what month it might be hot and sticky.

If you are here for one day why not walk the Malecon and have lunch/drinks at los Muertos beach? Take the bus to downtown and enjoy a local busride.

Thanks for the input. We already have a zoo membership at home, so it would mostly be to see the animals up close. Maybe I will contact the zoo to see what babies are available. We will be going in January, so hopefully not too humid.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Video from the zoo. We hired a taxi just outside the cruise port gate for the day. He took us to the zoo and waited, malecon, and shopping then back to the ship.

What time of year did you visit the zoo? I would love to pet some baby tigers!

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking of going to the zoo

I am traveling by myself and would take a taxi to and from the zoo

will I have trouble finding one to get back to the ship (and is it safe)

can I arrange to have the taxi waiting for me?

• 1 month later...

We have visited the zoo during port days on three different cruises and cannot recommend it highly enough. Don't know of any zoo stateside that includes a bag of food with admission allowing you to hand feed numerous animals - including a giraffe, hippo, and wolves.

Easily accessed by bus from downtown and easy walk from Mismaloya stop. Definitely bring bug spray and use it.

After our zoo visit we usually cool off with a beer on the sand of Mismaloya beach before catching the bus back to PV. Lovely day.

Edited by cattman