Winter Weather in Mexican Riviera?

DrPepper41

Can someone tell me what the weather typically is like in Cabo or Puerto Vallerta in December or January.

I did a google search that says highs about 80, lows around 60 but I'm wondering how accurate that really is.

If anyone has sailed the Mexican Riviera in late Nov/Dec/Jan - what has been your experience?

We can tell you that DW and I have traveled all over the world (6 continents) and choose to make Puerto Vallarta our winter home. Normally (and of course there are exceptions) the weather in Cabo and PV is near perfect from mid-December through March. We actually had 2 days of heavy rain this winter (over 2 months) which made it one of our worst winters. In PV the norm would be high temps of 78-84 with sunny or partly cloudy skies.

To give you an idea how the locals view the weather, this Valentines Day I stopped in a popular PV Chocolate shop to pick up some candy for DW. The store manager was talking to another customer about how it had actually rained in late December. The point was that this was 6 weeks later, and those few days of rain were still news.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

We can tell you that DW and I have traveled all over the world (6 continents) and choose to make Puerto Vallarta our winter home. Normally (and of course there are exceptions) the weather in Cabo and PV is near perfect from mid-December through March. We actually had 2 days of heavy rain this winter (over 2 months) which made it one of our worst winters. In PV the norm would be high temps of 78-84 with sunny or partly cloudy skies.

To give you an idea how the locals view the weather, this Valentines Day I stopped in a popular PV Chocolate shop to pick up some candy for DW. The store manager was talking to another customer about how it had actually rained in late December. The point was that this was 6 weeks later, and those few days of rain were still news.

Hank

Thank you, Hank. That was very helpful. We are from the rainy northwest, so anything above 70 degrees and no rain is a pleasant, beautiful day. :)