Final Documents & Luggage Tags

BBMacLaird

Hi Berkshire boy,

We booked direct with Azamara.

My information is that we are on an Air Canada flight from Montreal (YUL)

AC 864, which departs at 20.00 on 24 Sept and arrives at LHR on 25 th Sept at 07.25.

Luggage allowance is 23kg with 10 kg hand luggage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information Jackie. I knew the flight details but not the baggage allowance. Which is, of course, quite important. :)

Tango is the lowest economy class of Air Canada. Baggage allowance normally depends on your status with AC and/or with Star Alliance. You can check typical baggage limits and fees here:

https://beta.aircanada.com/content/aircanada/ca/en/aco/home/plan/baggage/checked.html

For YUL-LHR in Tango with no carrier status, 1st bag free - max weight 23 kg, max linear 158 cm. 2nd bag - C$100 + tax. Any additional bags - C$225 + tax. The fine print says that final baggage allowance and service fees ultimately charged may differ from those displayed as they are based on the date of ticketing and are available on the itinerary-receipt once a booking has been completed. Hope you travel light or AZ has negotiated better terms!

Not a chance! :)

I have had the same experience with iglu saying final docs including transfer/hotel vouchers would only be sent a week before the cruise. I don't like waiting that long as it's a pain having to get any potential errors sorted out at such short notice. So I emailed Azamara UK direct and received a reply the same day from Guatamala attaching everything in PDF format. This was approx 4 weeks before the cruise. Maybe you could try emailing them too? It is annoying not being able to access the docs from the the website if you live outside the U.S.

Spoke to Azamara direct and was told that they had to check with the flight department but would then get back to me. Getting on for a fortnight now but have heard nothing further [and suspect that I never will]. Will try an email to Azamara UK and see if that produces anything.

Seems that everyone in the UK who booked through a certain TA has had the same problem - not naming any names!

Seems that everyone in the UK who booked through a certain TA has had the same problem - not naming any names!

Actually No....not everyone does, but on your cruise it may be different of course, especially if it is one of those TA block bookings that they often do.

However, I booked my next Journey cruise with them 2 weeks ago. Also not naming any names.

Within 24 hours I had all the relevant documentation and they had managed to secure me the cabin I wanted. They also managed to get me a better deal on the very expensive flights. The flights were so expensive because this was a very late booking and nearly all the seats were gone. Add in private transfers and this was the best deal I could get. It would have been £800 more expensive if I had done it direct through Azamara.

If anyone is flying economy with BA then you can purchase an extra 5kg of hold allowance before you fly. It's much cheaper than paying excess baggage at the airport. If I know I'm going to be making a lot of purchases on holiday then I will buy the extra allowance for the return flight.

That's kind of strange. There is no "Tango" any more. Now it's "Rouge", which is the budget and leisure wing of Air Canada.
Nope. You may be thinking of when Tango was the low-cost subsidiary airline of Air Canada with its own fleet of aircraft. That's no more but Tango still exists as the lowest economy fare class on mainline AC. Rouge is now the low-cost leisure airline and is slowly creeping into flight routes of mainline AC. It gets confusing fast! We always avoid any flights marked * operated by Air Canada Rouge.

We are in the same position as yourself [and with the same TA]. Printed everything out some weeks ago except for the e-docks which are not yet shown as available. Spoke to Azamara over a week ago [and about the baggage allowance for the return flight]. The person I spoke to said that she would get back to me -but guess what, nothing. I then spoke to the TA who said that the final documents would be sent to me about 7 days before departure.

In the "old days" Bill Lieber had set up an arrangement for group flight bookings to be broken down to individual passenger level one month before the flight. This meant you could go online and reserve seats etc - an excellent arrangement which seems to have fallen by the wayside since his sad death.

For those who have all the details for the flight from Montreal to Heathrow do you know the baggage allowance? The tickets have been booked as Tango flights which do not have an included hold baggage allowance. I assume that Azamara will have paid for hold baggage but I have no idea for how much.

We shouldn't be faced with these problems but I realize that it is extremely unlikely that anything will change now.

Our UK MD, Richard Twynam, has asked that you email him with your contact information. He will contact you. rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

"Seems that everyone in the UK who booked through a certain TA has had the same problem - not naming any names!

Actually No....not everyone does, but on your cruise it may be different of course, especially if it is one of those TA block bookings that they often do.

However, I booked my next Journey cruise with them 2 weeks ago. Also not naming any names.

Within 24 hours I had all the relevant documentation and they had managed to secure me the cabin I wanted. They also managed to get me a better deal on the very expensive flights. The flights were so expensive because this was a very late booking and nearly all the seats were gone. Add in private transfers and this was the best deal I could get. It would have been £800 more expensive if I had done it direct through Azamara."

Don't seem to be able to get the quote function to work at the moment - I'm in IT meltdown! :)

No, I'm talking about this cruise only. I've no problems with that TA per se - in fact I use them a lot and have five outstanding bookings with them at this time.

I had a reply from Azamara customer services in the UK yesterday which acknowledges that at least part of the problem lies with Azamara.

Alan

Thanks Bonnie, will do. Although I am now in contact with Azamara Customer services in the UK.

Hello Berkshireboy,

Please do contact Mr Twynam. I've seen a number of interdepartmental emails re. your issue(s), all responding to his inquiries on your behalf.

I'm sure he will want to know when you are 100% happy with Azamara Club Cruises again.

Nope. You may be thinking of when Tango was the low-cost subsidiary airline of Air Canada with its own fleet of aircraft. That's no more but Tango still exists as the lowest economy fare class on mainline AC. Rouge is now the low-cost leisure airline and is slowly creeping into flight routes of mainline AC. It gets confusing fast! We always avoid any flights marked * operated by Air Canada Rouge.

Right, okay, then I stand corrected. We almost flew Rouge this fall, but cancelled that particular trip. Our son has flown Rouge and said it was a nice experience, but then he's not used to luxury

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I am slightly confused now.

A few days ago, I completed the on-line check-in and printed our express pass. On the last page of the express pass, it had the information for the luggage tags, but not in a proper luggage tag format for printing. It also had a note warning "These are not real luggage tags."

Today I received an email from Azamara that my e-docs are ready. It directs me to on-line check-in, where everything is as I left it, including the express pass. The last paragraph of the email states:

"SHIP LUGGAGE TAGS

If you enter the online check-in section at least 14 days prior to your sailing date, you may also request that we mail you your personalized ship luggage tags before you leave home. Otherwise, you will receive your ship luggage tags from our porters at the pier." (We won't be home to receive paper tags, so that won't help in this case.)

I'd really like to just print two luggage tags, put them in the nice plastic holders that we have, and save a couple of minutes of faffing around with the porters on the pier in Civitavecchia, who are always busy and move at the speed of light.

We are 49 days from sailing. Will some sort of link to e-tags mysteriously appear in a few days? If so, where should I look for it? :confused:

All clarification gratefully received!

Edited by lisiamc

I am slightly confused now.

A few days ago, I completed the on-line check-in and printed our express pass. On the last page of the express pass, it had the information for the luggage tags, but not in a proper luggage tag format for printing. It also had a note warning "These are not real luggage tags."

Today I received an email from Azamara that my e-docs are ready. It directs me to on-line check-in, where everything is as I left it, including the express pass. The last paragraph of the email states:

"SHIP LUGGAGE TAGS

If you enter the online check-in section at least 14 days prior to your sailing date, you may also request that we mail you your personalized ship luggage tags before you leave home. Otherwise, you will receive your ship luggage tags from our porters at the pier." (We won't be home to receive paper tags, so that won't help in this case.)

I'd really like to just print two luggage tags, put them in the nice plastic holders that we have, and save a couple of minutes of faffing around with the porters on the pier in Civitavecchia, who are always busy and move at the speed of light.

We are 49 days from sailing. Will some sort of link to e-tags mysteriously appear in a few days? If so, where should I look for it? :confused:

All clarification gratefully received!

Hi lisiamc,

It's still a bit early, but on the other hand if your Edocs are available, your luggage tags should be as well.

Or, are you GTY? Or, Are you buying air through our ChoiceAir and haven't finalized something?

Could you grab a screenshot and email it to webcontent@azamaraclubcruises.com with an explanation (or copy and paste your post.)

Hi lisiamc,

It's still a bit early, but on the other hand if your Edocs are available, your luggage tags should be as well.

Or, are you GTY? Or, Are you buying air through our ChoiceAir and haven't finalized something?

Could you grab a screenshot and email it to webcontent@azamaraclubcruises.com with an explanation (or copy and paste your post.)

Thank you Bonnie, I'll do that. I know it won't be a problem even if I can't print any tags, since the porters will sort us out. We do have a cabin number and have finalised our ChoiceAir arrangements, so I assumed that I was probably missing the right place to look for e-tags.

Thank you Bonnie, I'll do that. I know it won't be a problem even if I can't print any tags, since the porters will sort us out. We do have a cabin number and have finalised our ChoiceAir arrangements, so I assumed that I was probably missing the right place to look for e-tags.

What is your country of booking?

Finally - was able to get express pass but only after a call to AZ. Apparently there is a system glitch that does not accept passport numbers. Had the same problem last year....mmmm

Ordered luggage tags several weeks ago for sept 9th departure. Have not arrived yet. Not really worried though. We know from previous experience that if you do not receive your tags, it is not a problem. All you have to do is give the porter your stateroom number.

We just use the copy of the Tag that comes as a part of the express pass and copy it 3 or 4 times, then put it in the plastic tag holders. Works fine every time. No need to try ordering the pretty coloured ones, which never works in the UK anyway. Ignore the printed bit that says 'This is not a luggage Tag' - it works fine as one.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Good morning Azamarajunkie!! We were on the Athens to Venice cruise in June!!

We do find anything to do with Azamara and the internet confusing and protracted.

Our TA kindly printed our Express passes as our broadband was intermittent at the time. We had previously provided online all necessary information required by Azamara and just needed these passes. Our TA was required to provide everything again before printing final documents!! I remarked on the amount of paper we had acquired re this cruise since booking. Later at home I counted 69 sheets!!! Needless to say all at the expense of our TA.

Next month we have a Crystal cruise booked. Hardly any paperwork and the necessary documents and labels were in a zipped case (iPad size) ready to collect from our TA.

Similar cruise to Azamara and not a great difference in price.

We always attach a folded copy of our itinerary with our mobile phone number in a tag to each suitcase. A copy is also placed INSIDE each suitcase!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good morning Azamarajunkie!! We were on the Athens to Venice cruise in June!!

Me too. Great trip.

69 pages?:eek: All I took with me were XPress passes. I did flights and hotels myself. I'm on Journey in September, again doing my own flights and accommodation and have already printed my XPress passes. I'm good to go. I don't need any case to put them in! LOL

We just use the copy of the Tag that comes as a part of the express pass and copy it 3 or 4 times, then put it in the plastic tag holders. Works fine every time. No need to try ordering the pretty coloured ones, which never works in the UK anyway. Ignore the printed bit that says 'This is not a luggage Tag' - it works fine as one.

Our last Azamara cruise was in 2009, and we had to ask the porter to make tags for us then. It's certainly not a big problem to ask the porters again, or to use your solution and print the un-tags, but I would have thought they could get to grips with the luggage tag situation in seven years! Every other cruise line seems to be able to easily manage e-tags, even sister company Celebrity with their famous/infamous website. Why can't Azamara?

Edited by lisiamc

Celebrity was not fixed as of last January. Could not print the luggage tags with the correct room number. Would not confirm that I had ordered paper tags. Finally, one day I received 3 sets of printed luggage tags. Unless there has been a change, Celebrity is in the same boat.

Celebrity was not fixed as of last January. Could not print the luggage tags with the correct room number. Would not confirm that I had ordered paper tags. Finally, one day I received 3 sets of printed luggage tags. Unless there has been a change, Celebrity is in the same boat.

OK, I guess they could both do a bit better! :p