Disembarking Early When Ship Is already in Port

tbonephile

I have a question about the Journey voyage from August 29th to September 9th. For the last last two days of this cruise, September 8th and 9th, the ship will be docked in Venice, I was wondering if we can we disembark very early on the morning of the 9th (04:00) to make a 07:15 flight since the ship will be already in port from the day before?

Yes, of course you may disembark anytime you wish when the ship is alongside. Just let the Front Desk know your plans as early as possible.

And it is true, you are responsible for wheeling your luggage off, though if you were truly in need I'm sure you'd find help.

Edited by BBMacLaird
title autofilled the wrong message!

Yes, of course you may disembark anytime you wish when the ship is alongside. Just let the Front Desk know your plans as early as possible.

And it is true, you are responsible for wheeling your luggage off, though if you were truly in need I'm sure you'd find help.

That's been my experience too. You have to wheel your own luggage off, but I had help. Venice is a bit of a challenge if you haven't been there before. I think Journey is docked at San Basilio pier for all of this season. Taxis there are limited (even more so at 4am). Go and see Florina, the concierge early on and make arrangements if you haven't already done so.

[b[/b]

This is true! We disembarked a day early in port and knew we would be responsible for our bags; however our cabin steward offered, and we declined. We appeared at the tender with our bags and the Capt looked alarmed that we were leaving early, he wanted to ensure we had no difficulties at home or with the cruise! We assured him we had enjoyed an amazing cruise and it was a pre planned departure! He insisted that the crew take our bags from the ship onto the tender and arranged for a crew member to remove them from the tender too. We were prepared to manage our own bags (we pack lightly!) but we weren't about to argue with the Captain!

We did check in with guest services ahead of time to retrieve our passports and sign that it was our decision to leave for our own travel plans and that we did not have any problem with the cruise and that we would not be looking for a refund for the unused day.