All Great Things Must Come to an End...

Andy

You've done an incredible job, supplying cruisers with information they couldn't get anywhere else. You will be missed but those who have appreciated your good work will wish you well!

I cannot imagine that anyone will be able to do your job as well as you have done it, as it takes connections well nurtured over a long period of time to do what you have been able to do. Well done - & you will be missed a great deal!

Hi Shedridt,

Thank You ! The good news is, that I will still be participating on the forums. I will have a personal Cruise Critic screen name (details to follow) - so I will be around. I fully plan to continue helping our fellow members as much as possible, and that part of me isn't going away :)

Edited by Host Andy

Are you going to let us know what your new screen name will be? Maybe something like "Andy formally know as Host Andy" for a new screen name.

Hi Maria,

Of course I will. My plan is to have something with "Andy" in the name. Yesterday, one member on the Celebrity forum suggested Host Andy Emeritus. I'm unsure if Cruise Critic will go for it - but we'll figure it out next week.

My goal is to continue helping others - both in my new role, and on the forums/brands I'm passionate about. I fully anticipate posting here on my personal member name, as much as possible. I have many wonderful years invested with Cruise Critic and my dear friends on here. Many of you are like family to me. I'm not going to be a "Host" much longer, but... My passion is not about to go away :)

Thank you again everyone, for all of your beautiful comments. It means everything to me.

Edited by Host Andy

You've done an incredible job, supplying cruisers with information they couldn't get anywhere else. You will be missed but those who have appreciated your good work will wish you well!

I cannot imagine that anyone will be able to do your job as well as you have done it, as it takes connections well nurtured over a long period of time to do what you have been able to do. Well done - & you will be missed a great deal!

This echoes my same thoughts.

Andy, you have been such a joy and always so very gracious. You've done a phenomenal job and have been a Godsend to cruise critic.

I hope only the best for you in your new endeavor. ❤️ 🍾 Cheers!

Host Andy,

Greetings! I have not been very active on these boards lately, but I could not help but respond to your post! Thank you so much for all the great monitoring you have done of the boards and all your contributions....they have been greatly appreciated over the years!

I wish you great success in your new endeavor and hope to see you on these boards in your personal life and perhaps in some new capacity here!

Best of wishes and Good Luck !!:)

Congratulations on your new position! I hope to still see you around these boards, sharing all your wealth of knowledge!

Thank You Pam. I will definitely be around, and I will still be the same Andy you've enjoyed over the years. Only that my screen name will be changing. As soon as I know what it will be, I'll post it on this thread. Please stay tuned !

Thank You Pam. I will definitely be around, and I will still be the same Andy you've enjoyed over the years. Only that my screen name will be changing. As soon as I know what it will be, I'll post it on this thread. Please stay tuned !

the word "host" will be gone and Andy will still be there and Boca.

Hi Maria,

Of course I will. My plan is to have something with "Andy" in the name. Yesterday, one member on the Celebrity forum suggested Host Andy Emeritus. I'm unsure if Cruise Critic will go for it - but we'll figure it out next week.

My goal is to continue helping others - both in my new role, and on the forums/brands I'm passionate about. I fully anticipate posting here on my personal member name, as much as possible. I have many wonderful years invested with Cruise Critic and my dear friends on here. Many of you are like family to me. I'm not going to be a "Host" much longer, but... My passion is not about to go away :)

Thank you again everyone, for all of your beautiful comments. It means everything to me.

Hi Andy,

I am sure that you will be as passionate about your new roll on CC as being a Host. Once you taste the joy of a cruise is in your blood, it never gets out. It becomes part of your life.

Wishing you the best in your new roll and will be looking for you on CC.

Maria

Edited by geocruiser

Hi Andy,

I am sure that you will be as passionate about your new roll on CC as being a Host. Once you taste the joy of a cruise is in your blood, it never gets out. It becomes part of your life.

Wishing you the best in your new roll and will be looking for you on CC.

Maria

Thank You, and I totally agree Maria. I've been cruising for about 25 years, and it never gets old. Every time I book a new cruise, or have an upcoming cruise... I'm like a kid in a candy store ! As you know, I also have a huge passion for helping others. I'm confident that my passions will continue with each and every passing day. I can't see that ever going away - at least I hope not :)

Edited by Host Andy

How exciting for you! A fabulous opportunity like you describe couldn't happen to a more deserving person. I've been enjoying your enthusiasm and sensible advice for many years.

Can't wait to see which board you land on in your next role. No doubt it's a cruise line you feel passionate about.

Hi Andy -

I was on Azamara Quest when you started this thread, so only found it today after returning home. You have been a great host on Cruise Critic and we will miss you terribly, but it sounds like your new opportunity will let you continue to contribute in a new and deeper way. Good luck and happy cruising!

Hi Andy -

I was on Azamara Quest when you started this thread, so only found it today after returning home. You have been a great host on Cruise Critic and we will miss you terribly, but it sounds like your new opportunity will let you continue to contribute in a new and deeper way. Good luck and happy cruising!

Hi Jazz,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I will dearly miss being Host Andy... but as the thread title says - All great things must come to an end.

While I wont be Hosting after the 31st, I will be around quite a bit, and hope to continue helping our members as much as possible - both in my new role, and as a loyal Cruise Critic participant. At the end of the day, I suspect I will be spending even more time on Cruise Critic... if that's possible :)

Thanks again, and all the best to you ! Please email me, and tell me about your Quest sailing !

Hi Everyone,

To be sure, I'm reading every post. My sincere thanks for your heartwarming comments, and emails. You're the best !

<b/> Just back from a wonderful Azamara cruise and am extremely sorry to see you will be leaving as a host. Wish you the best and can't wait to hear what your new position will be. >

Andy, there's not much I can add to what has already been said.

You've always been so reasonable and helpful, even when it's been clear you've been disappointed with something relating to Azamara. I can't recall a single post of yours that didn't add to the discussion, add to the excitement, or cool an argumentative thread.

Thanks for all you've given, and I join in the crowd awaiting the big news.

Cheryl

Host Jazzbeau

I too would be interested, as we will be on the next sailing.

Will there be a report?

Working on editing blog and photos, hope to post this week. Bottom line: wonderful cruise, wonderful food, wonderful crew and staff – limited only by the inherent limitations of the R-ships. If Azamara could only get new ships and stay under 1,000 pax, they would be our favorite; as it is they are in the running with several other alternatives [Celebrity Suite Class; maybe Viking Oceans]

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been off these forums for a month while enjoying the wonderful (and good weather blessed) Quest cruise of the Norwegian fjords with Host Jazzbeau and rallydave (as well as my own spouse!).

Congratulations on your new CC role. I look forward to hearing the details. Edit: just read the revelation forum post and announcement: fantastic!

All the best to you!

Edited by CintiPam

I too have been off these forums for a month while enjoying the wonderful (and good weather blessed) Quest cruise of the Norwegian fjords with Host Jazzbeau and rallydave (as well as my own spouse!).

Congratulations on your new CC role. I look forward to hearing the details.

All the best to you!

Thanks for making that clear -- we were NOT on the previous wife-swapping cruise :D And we did enjoy sharing the Trivia sessions with you and Gerry!