And the good news is.....,,,

Azamarajunkie

Sparkling wine has been added to the included list, we have just been offered it in Windows over lunch today on the Journey and have just had Belinni's. Will confirm later if this is for the whole cruise and not just on boarding day.

Sparkling wine has been added to the included list, we have just been offered it in Windows over lunch today on the Journey and have just had Belinni's. Will confirm later if this is for the whole cruise and not just on boarding day.

This excellent news was rumoured on our recent Journey cruise. If true yet another occasion when Azamara have listened to their guests.

Please report back later and continue enjoying your cruise

We heard this was to be the case from a " woman who knows" last week.

Now the cat is out of the bag, I can jump with joy and say Bellini's, Kir Royale's and Prosecco will be my drinks of choice from now on. Might just encourage me to book another Azamara cruise in September!:D

Steve, it was great to meet you, Rose, Malcolm and Liz. Enjoy the follow on cruise!:cool:

Phil

It was great to meet you too Phil and we are enjoying your old room!

Malcolm & Liz

It is so very wonderful to hear that prosecco/sparking wine is now included with the wines poured at dinner and lunches--and just in time for my cruise on July 11th. I have never been on a cruise line that listens to its guests more than Azamara does. I now will be raving about how even more special Azamara is! Cheers!

Congratulations to Azamara for finally listening to customers and realising that prosecco can be as cheap as a "normal" wine.

It is also great news re sparkling water.

Let us hope it is San Pellegrino" and not some cheaper brand.

The next enhancement I would like to see is to the "artisan cheeses" as described in Prime C menu.

Currently they are the offcuts from breakfast cheeses and it really spoils the end of a great meal.

Please consider bringing back the magnificent cheese trolley.

Maybe make it self service if staff costs are an issue.

Here is hoping and thanks for the "sparklers"

Larry Pimentel has just confirmed this officially, with more details about beverage program changes in the works:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2375532

Here's his full reply re the changes to our Beverage Program:

If you'd like to communicate directly with him, follow the link above posted by Host Jazzbeau!

Today, 09:30 AM

image.php?u=535558&dateline=1266505477 Larry Pimentel user_offline.gif

President & CEO

Azamara Club Cruises

icon1.gifLarry Responds to your Questions:

I’ve had a couple of questions about our beverage program. Here is an update for everyone. We are going through an overhaul of our beverage program, and you will see some changes that I think you will love.

We will have new beverage menus and some changes to our inclusive program. Having said that, it's a process, so the changes will not all happen at the same time, and will not be overnight. So let's start with the 1st change.

As of the July 3 voyages on both ships, we are now including sparkling wine as part of our complimentary beverage program. At the same time, we also started including sparkling water. The sparkling water is available just as the regular bottled water except guests will have to request it for the staterooms.

We are also reviewing our complimentary wine program, which we do annually. As part of the review, we have doubled the wines we offer to 2 red and 2 white wine varieties each day. The pairing of the whites and reds will be different, so you will not have the same pairing repeated throughout the voyage.

We have also been asked about non-alcoholic beers and wines, and this will be included in the complimentary beverage program, as well. This is a matter of logistics, so by October 31 these non-alcoholic beverages will be included.

We did have a request from “gymfreak” to serve a Rioja wine as part of our complimentary wine program. As of right now, we are not planning on changing any of the wines currently in the program. However, it is entirely possible in the future when we review our wines.

And then to the question from “Shalen” about San Pellegrino Limonata… Unfortunately, the answer is no. We don’t have San Pellegrino Limonata onboard, and don’t have any plans at this point to add it.

A final comment… Wines are a very personal item and preferences from one culture to another tend to be different. In that regard, we are constantly evaluating guest feedback and making selections that fit the majority of our guests.

On our recent and only Azamara cruise we found the included wines to be of poor quality. In fact we saw the Chardonnay for sale in a port shop for 6euro per bottle. Not impressed.

That's one person's opinion. We've spent 50 days on Journey and Quest since the drydocks and the wines have been fine.