Hotel Recommendation in Singapore December

Sundance Dublin Queen

Just spent a week at the Ritz Carlton Millenia and loved it.

Totally agree. Raffles is nice but you have to suffer the sightseeing groups trailing through. The Fullerton is also very good, but if the budget will do a Club room in the Ritz Carlton go for it. I agree, Sands is nice but again too full of sightseeing tourists and day pass holders

Edited by uktog

Mary, it depends how much you want to pay. I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton before (loved it) and looked at that, the Raffles and Marina Bay Sands. The prices are way out there for December though. I've booked the Mandarin Marina for two nights at the beginning and two nights at the end. It is in a good spot near the Marina Bay/Ritz Carlton, gets good reviews and the price was pretty reasonable. Two friends of mine are staying there with me before we get to the ship. Who said party?;). You know it makes sense. Lol

Phil

We stayed at the Goodwood Park Hotel after a cruise. It's centrally-located, walking distance to shops, food & the subway, yet in a leafy green neighborhood. Old fashioned, yet very up-to-date. Cab ride to the airport was not so bad, same thing to the cruise port.

Totally agree. Raffles is nice but you have to suffer the sightseeing groups trailing through. The Fullerton is also very good, but if the budget will do a Club room in the Ritz Carlton go for it. I agree, Sands is nice but again too full of sightseeing tourists and day pass holders

I found they would not let people in the main lobby to take pictures etc. to get to my room i had to go thru a locked gate.

it is dec and the season so nothing is cheap.

I found they would not let people in the main lobby to take pictures etc. to get to my room i had to go thru a locked gate.

it is dec and the season so nothing is cheap.

Not correct, if you look. Two nights at the Mandarin Marina from £214. Two nights at the Raffles from £816.

Phil

Mary, it depends how much you want to pay. I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton before (loved it) and looked at that, the Raffles and Marina Bay Sands. The prices are way out there for December though. I've booked the Mandarin Marina for two nights at the beginning and two nights at the end. It is in a good spot near the Marina Bay/Ritz Carlton, gets good reviews and the price was pretty reasonable. Two friends of mine are staying there with me before we get to the ship. Who said party?;). You know it makes sense. Lol

Phil

Agreed Phil, we stayed at the Marina Mandarin for a few days late last year on our way back from OZ, it is a very good hotel and placed very well for all the sights such as the Flower Domes at the Gardens by the Bay. There is also easy access to the very clean and cheap MRT if you want to travel further afield. Two other hotels we have stayed in pre cruise are the Conrad Millenium (nice complementary chocolates in the room) and the Pan Pacific. We plan to stay in one of them again when we join the Journey in March 2018 for part of the World Cruise.

Steve

Not correct, if you look. Two nights at the Mandarin Marina from £214. Two nights at the Raffles from £816.

Phil

Huge difference in $$ or pounds. I know in general Dec is very high. In the states FL or good ski resorts unreal in winter. Thanks to you i used the Ritz last spring and will again in FL. .Loved the club floor.

Phil

Mary, thanks for a lovely day in Dublin today. We will do it again soon. I had so much fun and don't think I will want to eat again for a week! :D

You know my feelings on Singapore Hotels....The Shangri-La is heaven on earth, no other hotel in Singapore comes close in my opinion.

But...and this is a big but....you will have such a great time at the Mandarin Marina with Phil and the gang, so stay there and PARTY!

See you on Journey in September.

Xx

Lottie.

Lottie , I had a wonderful afternoon in the Westbury and the afternoon tea,s yes TEAS were delicious . Stories I could have listen to all day and all night . Dinner was delightful , where did I put all that food ?? Definitely I can resist anything but temptation. The see food diet is the no 1 for me , always a winner . What terrific company you are , oh you are awful but I like you A LOTTA . Its now August so see you next month on our next JOURNEY . TERRIFIC .xxx

Took Phils recommendation and booked it there and then . sweet dreams

Agreed Phil, we stayed at the Marina Mandarin for a few days late last year on our way back from OZ, it is a very good hotel and placed very well for all the sights such as the Flower Domes at the Gardens by the Bay. There is also easy access to the very clean and cheap MRT if you want to travel further afield. Two other hotels we have stayed in pre cruise are the Conrad Millenium (nice complementary chocolates in the room) and the Pan Pacific. We plan to stay in one of them again when we join the Journey in March 2018 for part of the World Cruise.

Steve

Steve, thanks for the encouraging feedback. I don't think you can go too far wrong in Singapore. So many to choose from. I just liked the look of the hotel and location.

Phil

Mary, thanks for a lovely day in Dublin today. We will do it again soon. I had so much fun and don't think I will want to eat again for a week! :D

You know my feelings on Singapore Hotels....The Shangri-La is heaven on earth, no other hotel in Singapore comes close in my opinion.

But...and this is a big but....you will have such a great time at the Mandarin Marina with Phil and the gang, so stay there and PARTY!

See you on Journey in September.

Xx

Lottie.

in a Club Room and it was fabulous...but if you can stay where Phil is and "party hardy"...then I say "Go for It"!!! :) LuAnn

Stayed two days before our Quest cruise a year ago and it was tops. Will use it again in Dec 2017. Easy walk to all attentive staff and great breakfast buffet.

Room outstanding, nice quiet pool area also, very shady.

in a Club Room and it was fabulous...but if you can stay where Phil is and "party hardy"...then I say "Go for It"!!! :) LuAnn

Exactly LuAnn! Any hotel that has Phil staying there just has to be the No 1 choice....even if just for the party opportunity! :D

We've stayed here twice. Very convenient location downtown with good rates. Also has a shopping mall downstairs.

Check the executive floor.

If you are talking about The Stamford I agree. Excellent location and wonderful views from the restaurant and bars on 75th floor. I would go back in a flash :p