NCL Drinks packages

arnolis

We were on the Spirit last week and the soda package for an adult/teen was $50 and change (after the automatic tip) for a 7 night cruise. NCL is a bit more expensive than some of the other lines. NCL also uses 2 liters instead of fountain drinks (at least that's what was on the Spirit). I only mention that, because I've seen on these boards where that can make a difference to some cruisers.

It's $6.25/day per person plus tax plus 15% gratuity. I think it only includes soda, club soda, and tonic water. From what others have said NCL does not offer any kind of alcoholic or smoothie drink package.

It's $6.25/day per person plus tax plus 15% gratuity. I think it only includes soda, club soda, and tonic water. From what others have said NCL does not offer any kind of alcoholic or smoothie drink package.

As of last year, NCL offered a wine package.

FEB2011CruiseVacation019.jpg

As of last year, NCL offered a wine package.

Cool. That's the first I've seen of that. Though I don't drink much wine and 20% off NCL's 250% jacked up prices for 7 bottles isn't the kind of "package" I was thinking about :) I was thinking unlimited beer/liquor packages like some other cruise lines have offered in the past...

We were on the Spirit last week and the soda package for an adult/teen was $50 and change (after the automatic tip) for a 7 night cruise. NCL is a bit more expensive than some of the other lines. NCL also uses 2 liters instead of fountain drinks (at least that's what was on the Spirit). I only mention that, because I've seen on these boards where that can make a difference to some cruisers.

We just sailed on the Epic and we have also sailed on the Sun. Both serve fountain drinks. :)

On PoA they used cans. So sounds like it varies by ship.

We are new to NCL. Do they have packages for specialty coffees like Princess does?

Nor do they have a decent coffee/cafe. It's kind of stuck in a nook like an afterthought. We tried something different almost everyday and never found anything we liked. I started my Princess day with a carmel latte everyday. NCL needs a little work in this area. Other than this, there is so much to love about NCL - like all the specialty restaurants! (sorry - off subject).

Can we buy just one soda package between the two of us? How does NCL monitor the sodas. Never been on a cruise, so I'm a bit confused. We will be on the spirit next month and are trying to figure this out. About how much would it be for a 12 day cruise? Can we prepay this?

Can we buy just one soda package between the two of us? How does NCL monitor the sodas. Never been on a cruise, so I'm a bit confused. We will be on the spirit next month and are trying to figure this out. About how much would it be for a 12 day cruise? Can we prepay this?

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they put some kind of sticker on your card and you can only get one drink at a time per card. That's how it worked on CCL. (We're planning our first NCL cruise in a first month). You could theoretically share one drink package if you were willing to stagger your drinks. I think it would be pretty inconvenient and they might call you out on it after awhile, unless you're being very discrete.

Archived