Dream - AI Soft Drinks

Does anyone know how much it is? I might consider it if I think it's reasonable.

Depends when you book - the AI package price increases considerably the closer you get to departure. It is 'free' for early reservations (although the cruise price is generally higher!), then £70 per person increasing in increments to a whopping £215 per person if you wait to book it when you board the ship. You cannot have it for just one person unless you are travelling solo as everyone named on your booking has to buy the package If you are close to departure you may find buying one of the wine packages (£72 for 5 bottles or £99 for 7 bottles) then paying for all other drinks to be better value than the full AI package.

Edited by campolady

Depends when you book - the AI package price increases considerably the closer you get to departure. It is 'free' for early reservations (although the cruise price is generally higher!), then £70 per person increasing in increments to a whopping £215 per person if you wait to book it when you board the ship. You cannot have it for just one person unless you are travelling solo as everyone named on your booking has to buy the package If you are close to departure you may find buying one of the wine packages (£72 for 5 bottles or £99 for 7 bottles) then paying for all other drinks to be better value than the full AI package.

Meant to add that Thomson are currently offering 'free' AI package on Summer 2017 sailings.

Hi - Heading on the Dream in 2 weeks time - am I correct in saying that Soft drinks are included as part of the AI package if you are just getting a glass at a time instead of a 330Ml Can?

Can anyone confirm?

Many thanks

:)

Yes included but not by the can - that's £1.90 extra even on the AI drinks deals. It's by the glass and either from a gun or poured from 2l bottles depending on which bar. The bottles were branded (Pepsi, Sprite etc)

On the Transatlantic Crossing in April we watched waiters coming to the bar on deck with several empty 2 litre bottles at a time which were filled with draught coke/diet coke and then taken to wherever.:eek:

I don't drink, although OH does, and diet coke is my tipple. Although we were AI, I happily asked, and was prepared to pay, for a can every time and was made aware for almost 4 weeks that there was a supplement - to which I replied "I know". Couldn't find a T-shirt printer to get one to wear.;)

Meant to add that Thomson are currently offering 'free' AI package on Summer 2017 sailings.

Also from summer 2017 all Discovery cruises will have the drinks package included 'free' whenever you book the cruise. Hopefully they will not dumb down the current good choice available aboard. Apparently free drinks are part of the package on Mein Schiffs and Aida so it is part of 'Tuiising' Thomson ;)

It's not really free as the price of the cruise is inflated...Unfair for those non drinkers who want to cruise on Discovery

AI package/ selection on Discovery was excellent but expect this to watered down over time much like The Dream

It's not really free as the price of the cruise is inflated...Unfair for those non drinkers who want to cruise on Discovery

AI package/ selection on Discovery was excellent but expect this to watered down over time much like The Dream

Correct, Thomsons don't do free.

Also from summer 2017 all Discovery cruises will have the drinks package included 'free' whenever you book the cruise. Hopefully they will not dumb down the current good choice available aboard. Apparently free drinks are part of the package on Mein Schiffs and Aida so it is part of 'Tuiising' Thomson ;)

are aida part of tui too

are aida part of tui too

no, they are their main rivals in Germany but apparently offer a similar approach to onboard alchohol.

I would hope TUI do not dumb down the product as they seem to be trying to shift the emphasis up market with Discovery.. I would be prepared to pay a bit more for a cruise to have good quality food and drink.

Exactly what I think. I'm sure Thomson don't want my custom any more.

Edited by happy v

If 330ml soft drinks are not included as part of the package, that may be why that same size can of "San Miguel 0,0" alcohol free beer is also excluded ?

However that does not explain why it is priced at a ridiculous £3.70 on the regular pay as you go deal - or the outrageous £2.00 supplement.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

If 330ml soft drinks are not included as part of the package, that may be why that same size can of "San Miguel 0,0" alcohol free beer is also excluded ?

However that does not explain why it is priced at a ridiculous £3.70 on the regular pay as you go deal - or the outrageous £2.00 supplement.

That price is outrageous - we pay no more than 55 cents for a 330ml can of San Miguel 0% and with Thomsons buying power I am sure they pay much less; what a mark up!!!

Hi Campolady,

Just to keep you in the picture.

I received a reply from Thomsons yesterday - seven weeks after raising the matter, however I think that's about their normal response time.

Here is copy of my complaint for information

__________________________________________________ ___________

Dear Ms. Caron,

On a recent Thomsons cruise I was astonished to learn that a 330ml can of “San Miguel 0,0” alcohol free beer was £3.70.

I had assumed it would be priced similar to other soft drinks in that size, such as “Coca Cola” etc.

How is it that the non alcoholic offering of this brand, in volume only 58% of the regular 5% ABV draft version, is priced significantly higher ?

If the standard keg “San Miguel” were to be priced pro rata it would cost just over £6.35 per pint, a staggering £2.85 above its current price.

I was further amazed to learn that there was a supplement of £2.00 for a 330ml can in respect of customers on the prepaid drinks package.

Might I ask how Thomsons can justify this outrageous pricing ?

Yours sincerely,

The reply was a total load of waffle which absolutely avoided answering the core issue concerning the price.

This one sentence from their reply is worth noting.

"This prices are dependent on our suppliers and we do try our best to maintain the best possible rate of the products on our ships."

Talk about having a laugh !!!

As you point out, you can buy these 330ml cans in Spanish supermarkets for around 60 cents.

Bottom line - it's a soft drink so should be priced accordingly.

Hi Campolady,

Just to keep you in the picture.

I received a reply from Thomsons yesterday - seven weeks after raising the matter, however I think that's about their normal response time.

Here is copy of my complaint for information

__________________________________________________ ___________

Dear Ms. Caron,

On a recent Thomsons cruise I was astonished to learn that a 330ml can of “San Miguel 0,0” alcohol free beer was £3.70.

I had assumed it would be priced similar to other soft drinks in that size, such as “Coca Cola” etc.

How is it that the non alcoholic offering of this brand, in volume only 58% of the regular 5% ABV draft version, is priced significantly higher ?

If the standard keg “San Miguel” were to be priced pro rata it would cost just over £6.35 per pint, a staggering £2.85 above its current price.

I was further amazed to learn that there was a supplement of £2.00 for a 330ml can in respect of customers on the prepaid drinks package.

Might I ask how Thomsons can justify this outrageous pricing ?

Yours sincerely,

The reply was a total load of waffle which absolutely avoided answering the core issue concerning the price.

This one sentence from their reply is worth noting.

"This prices are dependent on our suppliers and we do try our best to maintain the best possible rate of the products on our ships."

Talk about having a laugh !!!

As you point out, you can buy these 330ml cans in Spanish supermarkets for around 60 cents.

Bottom line - it's a soft drink so should be priced accordingly.

Thanks for the update WeeCountyMan - what a waste of a reply!!! I have stuck up for Thomson in the past but this is beyond a joke. Someone - Thomson/Supplier/Both - must be laughing all the way to the bank! Think that I should contact Thomson and tell them that I will supply cheaper just by buying at my local supermarket lol!

Edited by campolady