P&O Cancelled Cruises.

PRINCESSTHE BEST

It would be very interesting to know the extent to which P&O are cancelling cruises at the moment. I personally have had 2 cruises cancelled for December due to Oriana's refit not being complete.

Also i have had cruise X301 January 2013 cancelled due to cabins not selling. I'm also hearing of Adonia fly cruises being cancelled.

If you have had a cruise cancelled recently, i would love to hear from you.

It would be very interesting to know the extent to which P&O are cancelling cruises at the moment. I personally have had 2 cruises cancelled for December due to Oriana's refit not being complete.

Also i have had cruise X301 January 2013 cancelled due to cabins not selling. I'm also hearing of Adonia fly cruises being cancelled.

If you have had a cruise cancelled recently, i would love to hear from you.

X301 has been replaced by X301N - 24 night Caribbean plus six other new cruises just announced.

http://www.pocruises.com/find-and-book/anniversary-sale-new-cruises/

Brian

Think that cruise was in their mega sale around Sept time. Cabins were really cheap. A lot of passengers will be disappointed. Wonder if the repairs will be completed before the world cruise?

the cruise was hardly sold out on the P&O website so they have probably tried to keep the number of passengers disrupted to a minimum.. I believe thats why they are sailing her back to the UK and dry-docking her straight away, at the moment the ship will be ready for the south american cruise :)

No phone call, no email, no letter, found out its cancelled D201 on this web site. Appalling. Bolsover Cruises have only just been told by P&O too. Refund on way back to credit card, and we are going on Cunard instead on 5 January. P&O have lost my custom. Don't care how badly the ship needs maintenance, the customer service surrounding this debacle is atrocious. Wont ever think of cruising with them in the future, let alone actually book another one.

As to essential maintenance, Im not so sure. The Thomson flight scheduled by P&O was cancelled weeks ago. I think this is because they couldn't run the flight and cruise at the ridiculously cheap price we paid - £600 all in for a balcony cabin including flights.

The flight to Manchester from Naples is still running Phoebecat ,that is what we are now coming home on.

I do think it unlikely that one TA found out yesterday and another only today. Most of the people on the P&O roll call found out yesterday too. But maybe I am biased as I have had past problems with the TA you used.

The flight to Manchester from Naples is still running Phoebecat ,that is what we are now coming home on.

I do think it unlikely that one TA found out yesterday and another only today. Most of the people on the P&O roll call found out yesterday too. But maybe I am biased as I have had past problems with the TA you used.

I have heard of many people that have had difficulties with that travel agency, but thats just what i have heard...

The ship is going to falmouth straight from naples and is being dry-docked, so obviously there are some pretty major issues.. as i said in another post, its better they do it before the ship goes over to south america etc.. otherwise something could happen and the ship be stuck over there...

X

I have heard of many people that have had difficulties with that travel agency, but thats just what i have heard...

The ship is going to falmouth straight from naples and is being dry-docked, so obviously there are some pretty major issues.. as i said in another post, its better they do it before the ship goes over to south america etc.. otherwise something could happen and the ship be stuck over there...

X

I cruised on this ship along the Amazon a couple of years ago when it was the Royal Princess. It's had a hard life and Princess got rid of it because it no longer reached their standards. It's just like a second hand car, as time goes by it needs more maintenance and money spending on it.

I cruised on this ship along the Amazon a couple of years ago when it was the Royal Princess. It's had a hard life and Princess got rid of it because it no longer reached their standards. It's just like a second hand car, as time goes by it needs more maintenance and money spending on it.

But they still kept two identical ships but a little older, Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess

Brian

I definitely would not say that they got rid of it because it didn't reach their standards anymore, having been on this ship 3 times already this year and going back on for Christmas I think the ship is of a very high standard!! So not really sure where you got that info, also if you look at the timeline, princess had to move the ship or at least rename it as the new royal was already in planning etc..

And the ship isn't that old either, something like 10/11 I believe and the problem it is having is because it was bashed about within the princess fleet.

Just in my opinion.

But they still kept two identical ships but a little older, Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess

Brian

That's because Princess engineers are far superior to P&O's and knew how to look after them.

They also took in the the old Adonia when P&O's inferior engineers could no longer maintain it, they kept it running as Sea Princess for another 8 years or so.

I definitely would not say that they got rid of it because it didn't reach their standards anymore, having been on this ship 3 times already this year and going back on for Christmas I think the ship is of a very high standard!! So not really sure where you got that info, also if you look at the timeline, princess had to move the ship or at least rename it as the new royal was already in planning etc..

And the ship isn't that old either, something like 10/11 I believe and the problem it is having is because it was bashed about within the princess fleet.

Just in my opinion.

Just looked at the itinerary for the Christmas cruise. There are some great ports being visited. Have a great time and give us a full report on your return.

That's because Princess engineers are far superior to P&O's and knew how to look after them.

They also took in the the old Adonia when P&O's inferior engineers could no longer maintain it, they kept it running as Sea Princess for another 8 years or so.

All crew - engineers etc rotate throughout the three (Cunard, Princess, P&O) fleets.

X

So, as of 15.39 today, still NOTHING from P&O by letter, phone or email to inform me that our cruise is cancelled. Bolsover have been in touch three times yesterday and twice today, with further updates and have booked us on another cruise with Cunard. Cannot fault them.

Rang P&O myself ten mins ago. No apology, no explanation, just 'You will get your money refunded in approximately 10-14 days, but with Christmas and New Year, dont expect to see it until late in January' and 'We will read your letter regarding other expenses you've incurred and judge it on its merits' No apology, no explanation ....

Beggars belief.

What utter garbage:mad::mad:

Dai

So, as of 15.39 today, still NOTHING from P&O by letter, phone or email to inform me that our cruise is cancelled. Bolsover have been in touch three times yesterday and twice today, with further updates and have booked us on another cruise with Cunard. Cannot fault them.

Rang P&O myself ten mins ago. No apology, no explanation, just 'You will get your money refunded in approximately 10-14 days, but with Christmas and New Year, dont expect to see it until late in January' and 'We will read your letter regarding other expenses you've incurred and judge it on its merits' No apology, no explanation ....

Beggars belief.

So as a Cunard regular you thought you were going to have a cheapy on P&O. And now you are complaining. You do know the two companies are run from the same office and possibly the same people!!

I would not go with Cunard cos you never know.

Dai

Beggars belief.

Sorry Phoebecat I can't understand why you expected to hear from P&O when they have been in contact with your agent? Is that not the whole point of having an agent?

We have heard nothing from them directly but have an agreement via our TA as to what refund/ compensation we will get and what expenses incurred they will reimburse.

I assume they allowed use of your compensation payment against your Cunard cruise and didn't make you use it on P&O?

Just in my opinion.

Hi Are you on the P&O D115 roll call under a different alias? We are getting together Crow's Nest about 11am on the22nd :-)

I know Dai twas TIC. I didn't expect that to go over your head!

Sharon, I know :)

Oooooppppsssss:o:o:o

Sorry but so much garbage has been written lately I could not see the wood from the trees:D Thats my excuse.

Gan Canny

:cool:

Dai

I'm sorry Somerset cruiser but this is completely wrong, both of the show were meant to go in to the princess fleet and were for a short amount of time, until the gt transferred to P&O... The old Adonia transferred back to princess when P&O realised that the Adonia was slightly too large for the adults only market and the interior and style of the ship didn't really suit the adults only market either.

All the engineers are trained to exactly the same level and move around the fleets, so I wouldn't say that they are better or worse.

We are booked on D202 and excited to hear Adonia will be in dry dock in Falmouth. That is only about 40 ish miles from us so think we will go and see her there before we board.

Any idea when she will get to Falmouth?

I am sure the engineers will be terrific, whoever they work for!!!:D

Archived