NG Explorer - North West Passage, Iceland & Greenland, July/August 2014

• 2 months later...

We envy you! We wanted to return to the Arctic next year, but had a conflict with this really interesting trip. So, we cobbled together a B2B2B combining Svalbard (Ice Bears), Greenland East Coast, and Iceland cicumnavigation - 30 days of Arctic cruising - would rather be with you!

We envy you! We wanted to return to the Arctic next year, but had a conflict with this really interesting trip. So, we cobbled together a B2B2B combining Svalbard (Ice Bears), Greenland East Coast, and Iceland cicumnavigation - 30 days of Arctic cruising - would rather be with you!

A few days more than us there and still interesting. Is it the same ship or did you find another ship to do all this on?

Enjoy, and hope you see some bears. I am still waiting to see polar bear (or a grizzly) outside of a zoo!

Model lady

We're on NG Explorer for the whole trip - same as you - we'll be coming home from Iceland a week before you embark. We're Lindblad groupies and have been to Svalbard a couple of times - the polar bears are bringing us back!

• 2 months later...

@jan j: If you've never cruised before please be advised that whilst most of us on this board like/recommend Lindblad, it's anything but a 'typical' cruise. The meals are better-airline-food quality. The shows in the evening are guests and photography staff uploading the day's images to their laptops, and then passing the laptops around. Unless you choose a culture-themed cruise, at your daily ports of call the onshore greeters, if there are any, will likely be penguins, polar bears, iguanas, or fur seals. Their sociability varies.

If you're good with that, it really will be the adventure of a lifetime. Me, I can't wait to do it again.

Thanks! We are adventure travellers, usually overland. Definitely not the normal holiday fun-in-the-sun cruise types. But would love to try an adventure cruise with few passengers and loads of experts willing to share their knowledge. The north west passage caught our imagination because we've never heard of cruising up there before. Can't find any reviews of that particular trip though, am I missing something?

Thanks! We are adventure travellers, usually overland. Definitely not the normal holiday fun-in-the-sun cruise types. But would love to try an adventure cruise with few passengers and loads of experts willing to share their knowledge. The north west passage caught our imagination because we've never heard of cruising up there before. Can't find any reviews of that particular trip though, am I missing something?

We have not been with NG before, but have been on other 'non fun-in-the sun' cruises. We live in the sun, so want to see something else. Was reading through the itinerary again last night and it looks exciting. Main reason was seeing if there was anything exciting to do in Canada before we flew home, but think the cruise will have so much that anything straight on top of that will be a bit flat. Have been advised to rent a car in Edmonton and drive to Jasper, then take train to Vancouver and see Victoria. Does anyone else have any thoughts? Have been on the train from Vancouver to Toronto a few years back and also had a little time in Vancouver at the end of another cruise, but not been to Victoria.

Model lady

• 6 months later...

We plan on taking this trip in 2015. Please let me know what you liked/didn't like. Just came back from the Galapagos Islands with Celebrity and loved it. Never cruised with NG. Did NG provide you with a jacket and boots?

We plan on taking this trip in 2015. Please let me know what you liked/didn't like. Just came back from the Galapagos Islands with Celebrity and loved it. Never cruised with NG. Did NG provide you with a jacket and boots?

It is another 4 weeks till we board, so will post our thoughts when we get back home in late August. A couple of days ago we went to a presentation by Lindblad and I think their experience is going to exceed our expectations. They have all the people and equipment for true exploration.

Model lady

• 1 month later...

The Lindblad/NG DER reports of this trip have been fascination! Check them out. Go to www. expeditions.com and click on DER reports and follow the directions. The west - east passage has been incredible....almost like being on board!