Transportation from Oceankaj to Copenhagen Airport

I'm on the Eurodam disembarking at 6am on Thursday June 25. My flight is at noon. Our ship actually arrives the previous morning. It looks like the Brilliance of the Seas is making a port of call at Langelinie that morning.

I'm seeking current info about transfer options. There will be 3 of us with 3 pieces of luggage total.

I am thinking of taking a taxi to the airport. What time should I aim to leave the ship? How long are the queues?

Is the bus a comfortable walking distance? How long are those queues?

Will I be saving much money by taxi-ing to the train station and taking the train to the airport?

What are other options for transfers?

Has anyone reserved a taxi ahead of time? How does that work?

Thanks in advance!

I'm on the Eurodam disembarking at 6am on Thursday June 25. My flight is at noon. Our ship actually arrives the previous morning. It looks like the Brilliance of the Seas is making a port of call at Langelinie that morning.

I'm seeking current info about transfer options. There will be 3 of us with 3 pieces of luggage total.

I am thinking of taking a taxi to the airport. What time should I aim to leave the ship? How long are the queues?

Is the bus a comfortable walking distance? How long are those queues?

Will I be saving much money by taxi-ing to the train station and taking the train to the airport?

What are other options for transfers?

Has anyone reserved a taxi ahead of time? How does that work?

Thanks in advance!

For a noon flight you will need to leave Oceankaj not much later than 9.15, arriving at 10am. The line for the taxis will be long. Our two previous waits have been just around own hour, but we needed a station car for four people, rather than a taxi for two/three.

This year, I'm two weeks we are using a ship's transfer A so much easier I hope.

Don't do the train thing - the traffic will be worse from the Oceankaj to the Station than from the city to the airport.

Taxis fare will be around 400DKK. You can use credit card but tell the driver when you get in the vehicle.

Edited by roysmith99

Thanks for the info! Do you know how much the ship transfer costs? Their office is closEd at the moment.

For a noon flight you will need to leave Oceankaj not much later than 9.15, arriving at 10am. The line for the taxis will be long. Our two previous waits have been just around own hour, but we needed a station car for four people, rather than a taxi for two/three.

This year, I'm two weeks we are using a ship's transfer A so much easier I hope.

Don't do the train thing - the traffic will be worse from the Oceankaj to the Station than from the city to the airport.

Taxis fare will be around 400DKK. You can use credit card but tell the driver when you get in the vehicle.

I'm on the Eurodam disembarking at 6am on Thursday June 25. My flight is at noon. Our ship actually arrives the previous morning. [...] I'm seeking current info about transfer options. There will be 3 of us with 3 pieces of luggage total. [...] Is the bus a comfortable walking distance? How long are those queues?

I was also in a group of three that debarked at Oceankaj just last Sunday, took the bus, and went to the airport. We didn't face weekday morning rush hour traffic like you will, but did have the extra interference of that day's Copenhagen Marathon that shut down the city centre.

We were the second or third group of passengers picked up by the bus after 8 AM. There weren't much more than a dozen people waiting each time, although those numbers may have picked up later on.

If you're berthed where we were, you just cross the street from where you exit the ship / luggage terminal, down the only road leading in or out of the area. With the ship behind you, you'll see the UNICEF building on your left (with the inbound bus stop that we originally arrived at), and the convenience store shack on your right (with the outbound bus stop you want). All of this is just steps away.

If you buy your tickets from the shop, they'll give you two, 2-zone tickets (48 kr) -- not a single three-zone ticket (36 kr), as recommended over in the Wonderful Copenhagen thread. You will need to present them together to the bus driver or train/metro conductor, to show you paid for (more than) enough zones to cover your journey.

Once you're on the bus, it's pretty straightforward -- I think the one we took just loops to Norreport station. Take the elevator up to the tracks, and go a couple of stops to Central station. Then you can switch to a train or metro line to the airport, depending on what you spot first and are more comfortable with (we took the metro, M1 to "Lufthavn").

Thanks for the info! Do you know how much the ship transfer costs? Their office is closEd at the moment.

This is a difficult question to answer. We are on Royal Caribbean and fly at 2pm. They have a transfer that includes a brief tour of the city before arriving at the airport at noon.

Royal Caribbean usually offer ships transfers earlier in the day, direct to the airport but often don't publish or sell the, them until close to the end of the cruise. For example, we paid around $56 each (I think) but an onboard booked transfer might be half that.

Thanks for such detailed instructions! We're planning to take the bus in on embarkation day so I'm glad to hear the stop is so close. I hadn't taken into account rush hour traffic when we leave. :/

I was also in a group of three that debarked at Oceankaj just last Sunday, took the bus, and went to the airport. We didn't face weekday morning rush hour traffic like you will, but did have the extra interference of that day's Copenhagen Marathon that shut down the city centre.

We were the second or third group of passengers picked up by the bus after 8 AM. There weren't much more than a dozen people waiting each time, although those numbers may have picked up later on.

If you're berthed where we were, you just cross the street from where you exit the ship / luggage terminal, down the only road leading in or out of the area. With the ship behind you, you'll see the UNICEF building on your left (with the inbound bus stop that we originally arrived at), and the convenience store shack on your right (with the outbound bus stop you want). All of this is just steps away.

If you buy your tickets from the shop, they'll give you two, 2-zone tickets (48 kr) -- not a single three-zone ticket (36 kr), as recommended over in the Wonderful Copenhagen thread. You will need to present them together to the bus driver or train/metro conductor, to show you paid for (more than) enough zones to cover your journey.

Once you're on the bus, it's pretty straightforward -- I think the one we took just loops to Norreport station. Take the elevator up to the tracks, and go a couple of stops to Central station. Then you can switch to a train or metro line to the airport, depending on what you spot first and are more comfortable with (we took the metro, M1 to "Lufthavn").

Thanks for such detailed instructions! We're planning to take the bus in on embarkation day so I'm glad to hear the stop is so close. I hadn't taken into account rush hour traffic when we leave. :/

Rush hour may not be an issue at all, just wanted to point out your journey may not be as quiet, traffic-wise, as ours on a Sunday morning with the city center half shut down. :)

I was on Regal at berth C330, in case there's any major difference if your number is different at Oceankaj (I assume only one big ship can or will be there at a time, though).

Rush hour may not be an issue at all, just wanted to point out your journey may not be as quiet, traffic-wise, as ours on a Sunday morning with the city center half shut down. :)

I was on Regal at berth C330, in case there's any major difference if your number is different at Oceankaj (I assume only one big ship can or will be there at a time, though).

There are three berths at Oceankaj...Some websites say four, When we depart, on 6th June there are three ships leaving from there. Disney Magic, Costa Favalosa and us, Serenade of the Seas. That makes it a very busy place to be. Luckily, when we arrive back on 17th there is only one, us.

Edited by roysmith99

There are three berths at Oceankaj...Some websites say four, When we depart, on 6th June there are three ships leaving from there. Disney Magic, Costa Favalosa and us, Serenade of the Seas. That makes it a very busy place to be. Luckily, when we arrive back on 17th there is only one, us.

I guess it would be more accurate to say then that we were berthed at the first (most southern?) terminal, C331 (if C330 refers to the pier as a whole). The access road (Oceanvej?) was directly in front of us. We arrived at 5 AM, so if we weren't the only ship that day we were definitely the first, and got the "priority" spot! :) Although I doubt they would cram in three of Regal's size on the same day, assuming the pier is even long enough.

I guess it would be more accurate to say then that we were berthed at the first (most southern?) terminal, C331 (if C330 refers to the pier as a whole). The access road (Oceanvej?) was directly in front of us. We arrived at 5 AM, so if we weren't the only ship that day we were definitely the first, and got the "priority" spot! :) Although I doubt they would cram in three of Regal's size on the same day, assuming the pier is even long enough.

You are quite right, Regal is 330m long and three of that size would push the limits of Oceankaj which 1100m long. Not much room left between the vessels.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm the OP and wanted to report back from our cruise. Getting a taxi at 830am on a Thursday was a massive problem. This even after we called ahead for a taxi the day before. As of 840, it had not arrived. Neither had the taxis for 2 other parties. There just weren't enough taxis arriving, as the taxi line had grown quite long. At that point, we decided to take the bus. As we arrived at the bus stop, which was very close by, we saw a taxi drop off a passenger across the street, at which point, we hailed it. The driver told us traffic is bad in the city center, and since Oceankaj is far out, it wasn't worth it for taxis to make the drive out. We considered ourselves lucky, but the bus was a good backup plan. We passed Norreport on the way to the airport, and it was a quick drive to the metro had we needed to go through with plan B.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the #26 bus? Does it go to the Copenhagen City centre. i am staying at the Avenue Hotel and am worried about disembarkation as well with the horrid stories of massive lines for taxis. Limos4 is charing 950 dkk for a private van of 5 adults. Very expensive.

Is this the #26 bus? Does it go to the Copenhagen City centre. i am staying at the Avenue Hotel and am worried about disembarkation as well with the horrid stories of massive lines for taxis. Limos4 is charing 950 dkk for a private van of 5 adults. Very expensive.

Only bus 25 and 27 goes out to the pier but you can change to bus 26 at both the bus stops at Østerport.

• 2 years later...

I'm going to be on NCL Getaway, disembarking at 7am in October 7th, I plan on being off the ship first bring my own bags for a 10:05am flight from Copenhagen. I hope this is enough time, going to be very stressful?

I think this could be stressful if there is a dearth of taxis as reported by Winniewinnie. The buses (#25 and #27) do not begin running until 8:00 am and using public transportation will take you too long to get to the airport, get checked in and through immigration in time for your flight. So, plan to carry off your bags, be among the first off the ship and hope that there's a taxi available when you get off. (Fortunately, you are disembarking on a Saturday morning so traffic will be lighter than on a weekday morning.)

Has anyone had any experience getting a taxi from Oceankaj to the airport on a Saturday morning? Our ship will be arriving at Oceankaj at 9 a.m. and Costa Favolosa will have already docked at Oceankaj at 8:30 a.m. that morning. Celebrity Silhouette arrives at Langelinie pier at 10 a.m. There are two of us and we will just have carry-on luggage, so we can get off the ship as quickly as possible. We're trying to decide whether to take a taxi or do a ship transfer if we can get on an early bus. Thanks for any insights you can provide!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to be on NCL Getaway, disembarking at 7am in October 7th, I plan on being off the ship first bring my own bags for a 10:05am flight from Copenhagen. I hope this is enough time, going to be very stressful?

I'm traveling solo on the same cruise and will be walking off with my luggage as soon as I can (7:00 AM).

Would you be interested in joining in a transfer to the airport? If so, please contact me (jbren58257@aol.com), I'm willing to arrange a van to take 6-8 to the airport on that day.

John