Bus from Copenhagen train station to Oceankaj -- please help

A lot of older threads say bus 26 goes to the pier.

However, when I use the transit planner at http://www.rejseplanen.dk/, I am advised to take 26 to Osterport station and transfer to 25 or 27. I'm confused whether these other buses also go to Oceankaj, as well as whether 26 still goes to Oceankaj if I am being advised to transfer. I arrive on a Saturday, if that makes a difference, and am staying at a hotel near the main train station. Is this information accurate?

• 2 weeks later...

Bus 26 will stop at Osterport which is like a parking lot area, get off then get on 27 to Oceankajwhich will take you to the ship. If you can buy a ticket before you get on the bus it is cheaper, but you can still buy one on the bus too. It is about a five min. Walk from the stop to the ship. Check in is easy and swift. We handled two suitcases and two backpacks no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading the other thread thoroughly, we took Danish Viking's advice to catch the 25 at Norreport to make sure we got a seat, and it turned out to be great advice! Had we taken the 26 to Osterport Slofjen to catch the 27 as planned, we would've had to queue with half the cruise ship's passengers! Instead, we got on at 25's first stop and got seats, though we offered these seats to some elderly passengers at Slofjen, but what are you gonna do...

Anyway, I did take the 26/27 route later in the cruise during our overnight in Copenhagen. The 25 runs only until 4pm but the 2 until 7pm.

You have to take bus 27 from Oceankaj to it's end stop, which is just on the side of Østerport Station; you have to take the stairs up and walk over the platforms. From Østerport you can take the commuter train to Copenhagen.

There's also a public shuttle bus no 25 running on cruise days directly from Ocean pier to Nørreport, a station close to the centre of Copenhagen. This doesn't have a schedule but runs every 20-30 mins.

Best regards Poul Erik

A lot of older threads say bus 26 goes to the pier.

However, when I use the transit planner at http://www.rejseplanen.dk/, I am advised to take 26 to Osterport station and transfer to 25 or 27. I'm confused whether these other buses also go to Oceankaj, as well as whether 26 still goes to Oceankaj if I am being advised to transfer. I arrive on a Saturday, if that makes a difference, and am staying at a hotel near the main train station. Is this information accurate?

• 1 year later...

Thank you to Danish Viking for all his very useful posts and replies. We are sat in Oceankaj, Copenhagen and have just checked in to start our Baltic cruise on Regal Princess. We used all of the instructions to get a bus from our hotel, changing in Norreport to bus 25. All went smoothly for us but three american ladies got on afterwards, two sat across from me, their third friend who got on last sat behind, and suddenly shouted "my purse is gone". The long and short of it is that she was a very small lady with a big case, someone had helped her put her bag on the bus, and as she knew she had her purse from the point she got on the bus it was it seems taken then.

I helped her to speak to the bus driver, check if there is CCTV on board, there is at the door, but the driver said the police never follow up on that, and that the same thing of people getting things stolen as they get on the bus, in his words "it happens thousands of times a day".

We all know we need to be careful with our things, but I am just writing this as Copenhagen is probably considered a relatively safe European city. We need to be careful as there are problems in all cities!

The bus was great, but be careful as always when getting onto a busy bus when you have a lot of things to watch out for!