How much time in Stockholm

pdx13

We are disembarking in Stockholm in May 2016 and currently are planning to spend two days post cruise. I am wondering whether this will be sufficient for us to get a decent introduction to the city or should we spend three days?

It depends on what you want to see and what you mean with " decent introduction to the city".

Obviously I am biased here, ;), but I'd go for three days if I where you.

There are allot to see/do so I think you will find out that those three days were warranted. ;)

However perhaps some input from "Outoftowners" could be useful as well.

We saw the major sites that were important to us in 2 days...but, Stockholm is one of those cities that will end up being your surprise favorite of your Baltic cruise. We could have easily spent time seeing more sites and soaking up more of the city's ambiance. If you have the time and can afford an extra day, I would lean toward three days.

Edited by buggins0402

I would suggest that you get up really early (5:30AM) as you sail into Stockholm. If you have a balcony, have breakfast there as you sail by some of the most magnificent scenery around.

I would suggest that you get up really early (5:30AM) as you sail into Stockholm. If you have a balcony, have breakfast there as you sail by some of the most magnificent scenery around.

Actually that is almost a "little late" but it depends on at which time the ship enter the archipelago.

Below is a screenshot of the public pilot info website, it shows at which time the ships have ordered a pilot to meet them at pilot rendezvous area Tjärven.

From Tjärven the journey through the archipelago into the quay in Stockholm will take about 5 hours.

Location of Tjärven lighthouse: http://kartor.eniro.se/m/wiqvU

Pilot info: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0iRCjlrrTG1U2RjNlBKX0NJV0U

Stockholm was the port we spent the least amount of time in, (not by our doing, just ship's schedule) and it was our favorite port on the entire cruise. If I was able to spend another hour, day, 2 days, whatever, in that wonderful city, I would jump at it. If there was one port I would love to return to, out of all we have seen, it would be Stockholm.

Spend as much time there as you can, you will love it and the people there also.

Cheers

Len