Tallinn and Aarhus on Regal Princess

Both of these ports appear good for DIY walking tours. However, I'm not clear as to how far one has to walk to get to the attractions. Is there a shuttle? How difficult is it to get a taxi? We normally are not concerned with this, but are taking this cruise with my brother and sister-in-law who have some mobility issues.

Thank you for any advice!

Both of these ports appear good for DIY walking tours. However, I'm not clear as to how far one has to walk to get to the attractions. Is there a shuttle? How difficult is it to get a taxi? We normally are not concerned with this, but are taking this cruise with my brother and sister-in-law who have some mobility issues.

Thank you for any advice!

We were in Tallinn with RCCL last month and there was a shuttle to the Old Town if you didn't want to make the 10-15 minute walk.

We did a 2-hour walking tour with Traveller Tours and it was a great way to learn about the city and see the highlights. We spent most of the rest of the day eating and drinking at Olde Hansa. It was a great visit.

There are taxis available in the port of Tallinn. It is a lovely stop, but one of the harder ones to navigate for people with mobility issues. I would recommend that they try some combination of the following:

You can take a taxi to the top of Toompea Hill (this will leave you close to St. Mary's Cathedral, and you can walk down along the walking tour instead of needing to walk up and down).

There may be pedicabs available in the port depending upon the time of day. The pedicabs were not in port when we left the ship early in the morning but were in the port when we returned to the ship (we arrived in Tallinn on Estonian Independence Day so the holiday may have interfered with normal modes transportation). You can also pick up a pedicab at most of the major tourist attractions in Tallinn and take either a brief 20 minute tour or a complete tour of the city. We originally took the pedicab for our 3 year old son's sake, but it turns out the 20 minute pedicab tour is quite an enjoyable way to see the city.

Finally, there is a tourist train that is mostly for children, but also turned out to be a nice enjoyable ride through the streets. You can find the train on Kullassepa street next to tourist information centre. The trains leave whenever they are full, and the ride takes about 20 minutes. We were able to get some nice pictures on the train and on the pedicab.

Edited by kitkat343