We can never give up even if losing slow

If we didn't try or if we give up during the week

We will never lose the pounds we seek

I'm proud of you all coming in ..sunshine or rain

No matter if a loss or gain

Makes us a stronger group trying to get a healthier life

Hello,

Great poem Belle.

I gained 1 lb. Figured that would happen after our weekend in Seattle. Hopefully I lose it next week.

Oh wait, it's my bday tomorrow. Hubby says we're going out for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Will try to be careful.

Have a good week.

Diana

Diana - have a wonderful birthday ... a no cooking day is a wonderful present. Will you be having cake without calories? We will be doing a cruise out of Seattle next September - any hotels or things to do that you would recommend? I know nothing about the west coast - we go to San Francisco and I have never been there either.

Belle - Thanks so much for the poem - hope your birthday was wonderful!!

I am down 2# this week - but still up 5# from our cruise ... still looking for motivation - I do plan on painting woodwork this weekend --- up and down on ladders should get rid of a few calories. Jan

Uh oh, Shootr's had another epiphany... 😀

First the good news, down 1 more to 195 - nice steady progress and not feeling like I'm missing out at meals and stuff.

So I'm listening to a radio show and their talking about the movie Fed Up on Netflix. I watched it last night, and what an eye opener.

It digs into the history, the politics, and the overall BS in the processed food industry over the past couple decades.

I'm pretty conservative in my opinions but this was very balanced and hugely educational - if you can find it streaming somewhere, and need motivation to eat better - this will do the job.

I've committed to setting aside the diet soda, and as much pre-packaged food as I can. Going to start cooking extra at night so I have a lunch or two the next day. Been eating beef sticks, packaged lunch meats, cereal bars, etc.

My goal is to stay under 40 grams (10 teaspoons) of sugar a day. I'm surprised I've been mostly under that goal already, but am going to watch the chemicals more closely too. And you'd be surprised how easy it is to exceed that amount.

b1a331b3b40bc906c46958aac85752f0.jpg

Hit my 200 day anniversary of tracking calories and exercise today, so to celebrate I "stole" the missus Brand-new-in-the-box-but-untouched-for-4-months Fitbit 😆.

She still uses a flip phone and isn't a fan of technology - but the hospital gave it to all the nurses that completed a designated number of fitness challenges.

It's the simple one, just tracks steps and sleep - but connects to the My Fitness Pal site so it combines all the food with the movement and gives a daily recap. I just like the step counter.

So away I go on this new attempt to change my ways, eat more natural foods, and kick the soda habit. Every time I've tried I get the worst withdrawal headaches, but really gonna try to motor past it this time.

Thanks for letting me spout off.

Belle, hope you throw the calendar away and not worry about the years 😊! Always appreciate you starting the Thursday's - and epic efforts like above are even better!

See ya'

Hi,

I stayed the same, as I´m still struggling to cut out the soda, no, I don´t drink diet soda, as I´m allergic to artificial sweeteners, I drink the regular ones, so sugar and acid.

I know I am not doing me a favor, howver breaking a habbit is not as easy as it may seem.

I´m in the second month of tracking my activity using the polar loop. On most days I manage the 10000 steps, so I´m not doing too bad.

I was at the gym this week. While doing the leg-press exercise, a trainer stopped by and asked if I´m new... Hm, no, not really, I just have not been in the gym for two years...

I was excited after the weekend. I was down two pounds. Now the scale says I am back to my weight from last Thursday. I think this is due to pms bloating. I have kept to my nutrition plan. I rewarded myself with a glass of red wine on Saturday night and that was all. I was low on calories so I did some air popped popcorn. even with these two indulgences, I was under my calorie goal. I did all seven workouts.

I was drinking too much Coke Zero pre-diet. I have cut that out completely. I have gone back to drinking water and tea. I drink a lot of steeped tea. tea shops are all the rage now. There are some great fruity kinds or spicy. You can serve over ice for something more refreshing. if you can try to find a store, I like David's Tea, there are so many different flavors. You could possibly find one to replace a soda once in a while. I never feel the need to add any sweetener as the flavors are really good.

hope you all have a nice week. I like readying the poem.

angele

All I can say is, my scale does the exact same thing to me! I've finally learned that even though I weigh every morning, only Thursday mornings can count.

Yesterday I took leftover cube steak and brown rice, about 700 calories worth, and ate bites throughout the day. And only water. Pretty good day energy wise, but definitely craving the soda - that's going to take some time to subside. Had a grilled chicken salad for dinner and finished my daily goal of 10000 steps afterwards.

Looking forward {really} to a lonely weekend (missus works every night) of just hiking, taking pictures, and enjoying the time off.

Have a good holiday everyone.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Re: Seattle, I haven't spent that much time in Seattle itself. When we go there we visit hubby's cousin who lives in Bellevue, a town to the north.

I would recommend staying in downtown Seattle (the Marriott waterfront is nice I hear) so you can be near Pike Place Market, ease of seeing the Spaceneedle. There are neat boat tours also. Look online, there are discount cards you can buy that cover many activities.

It's expensive staying downtown but driving around is a pain. Traffic around Seattle is horrendous.

Hope that helps.

Diana

Diana - That helps a lot - I'm going to look for discount cards, thanks for the idea. I so do not want to drive in Seattle ... I don't really like driving the expressway in Maine :rolleyes:... town/coastal roads are fine! I've read about Pike Place Market - sounds very interesting and we will have to see the spaceneedle! Jan

Why you have to keep trying..I lost a Pound!!

It does happen even if takes years!! LOL

Everyone have a good holiday weekend!

Be good..you don't want it to be a three day eating holiday!

Know a few of you don't have the Labor Day Holiday but

you be good too.

Diana Happy Belated Birthday wishes.

shootr enjoy your weekend hiking and taking pictures to

show us.

Jan enjoy your painting weekend.

Kasi I loved it..I'm not new just haven't been in two years!!

Angele Great job on all your exercise..enjoy your weekend.

I need to stay home this weekend and do some work but.....

Who knows? This week went out to dinner twice and lunch twice

(tried to make good choices) and to one show. Saw Walk in the Woods!

A lot of eating but my Birthday Week and I didn't have to pay for all of them.

Good friends and even got flowers!

Now this week will be alone in the house not working like I should

Need to rest up from my Birthday!! LOL

Everyone have FUN! Be SAFE out there..CRAZY people out on the ROAD!

These Fitbit things - man do they have the psychology figured out! I just got the cheapest one, the Flex - but when connected to their app and MyFitnessPal - it's like a drill sergeant screaming at me all day to get up and move a little.

This morning I walked the swap meet, struck out trying to find new hikers, so this afternoon I'll wander the outlet mall to get some new kicks (and a few more steps!)

Still no soda, and upped my fiber intake significantly - only been hitting maybe 25% of where it should be - I'm kinda excited to see what the next few weeks feel like.

Your really doing good with the walking!

The "drill sergeant" is doing his/her job!

I walked today too.

From the bed to the bathroom, then kitchen, then

the washer, then the computer, then the dryer,

then the kitchen, the computer ECT! LOL

Both of us have to keep up the "good work" we're

doing!! LOL LOL

Day 3 down and still hanging tough with the new eating habits. The missus got called off from her shift last night, so harangued her into walking to the store to pick out a birthday cake for the grandson's second birthday next weekend (their coming here from San Diego - woohoo!).

This morning got up early (they called her in in the middle of the night so she was able to skip this one!) and walked some trails at Papago that I hadn't been on before. Nothing spectacular but a good 2 mile challenge up and down the hills.

I like when people stack or place rocks - they're like little recognitions of the wonderful surroundings:

papago03.jpg

The other early risers:

papago02.jpg

Little party at my bro's house this afternoon - I'm packing a meal just in case - don't know what the menu is except for the deviled eggs I'm bringing. (They want plain - yuck, but made a few with bacon jalapeno for the connoisseurs! I had a taste of the filling - wonderful - but that's all I'll indulge in this time around.)

I get like this every once in a while - uber focused on the process. This time I'm curious if it's the break from the diet soda and added ingredients to the processed foods - my energy is pretty good I'm excited by the possible results down the road.

Anywho - figure I'd keep boring you all since the kids keep to themselves, the missus is sleeping, and I'm recovering from peeling 2 dozen eggs :D.

Hope your weekend is a good one,

See ya'

shootr your never boring....

We like to hear all the exercise you do..

wish we were doing it! Love all the

beautiful pictures that you do your

exercise in. This morning picture is so

pretty...amazing you get up early to

do these things on your days off.

I know I wish I was doing just half of what

you were doing. I know others on here are

exercising too. I Need to get moving too.

I hope EVERYONE had a Good three day weekend.

I sorry to say mine was boring and I was lazy

I did do things on Thurs. and Fri. thro.

I ate pretty good this holiday. No gain so far!

What did everyone do? Did you eat alright or to much?

Enjoy the rest of Monday! Be good! Thursday will be here soon!

Me and the missus got home at the same time this morning - she wasn't thrilled with my hairdo :D:D:D

I try to look up and down when I'm out so I don't miss stuff. Found part of an old horseshoe - makes me wonder how it got there or how long it's been there. Used it to cap this mornings rock stack:

papago04.jpg