Legend facts for those scheduled to sail

Oldsweets

Hello, we are past guests having sailed numerous times with Windstar and understand the process, dress code, and set up with the sailing ships. Now we are booked on Legend for the 26 June Ireland trip and I am finding many conflicting stories from a number of locations including Windstar, Cruise Critic and Cruise Booking sites. I am hopeful that Windstar will take the opportunity to send a basic fact sheet out for its new ships so that booked guests like my wife and I know what to expect. Start with something simple like the dress code in the dining rooms since some sites say jacket required while other sites say casual. Some sites talk about the pool and hot tubs on Legend while other sites say the pool is being removed. Help, anyone have a good source for the facts about Legend? Oh, and yes we have reached out to Windstar asking tad same questions.

Sent from my iPad

Edited by Oldsweets
Grammar

Tom and I are on the same sailing. We do have a roll call going here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2083369. Check it out!

Trying to answer your questions: My understanding is that dress code is the same for all Windstar ships. From their website:

You’re free to eat when, where, and with whomever you please. And, please, don’t bother to pack the tux, the formal wear, or even a sport coat. Casually elegant is the rule of the day.

During this transition from Seabourn to Windstar, occasionally one will accidentally get Seabourn info for Legend dress codes which does require jackets.

The pool on the Legend and Breeze is going away so they can expand the Veranda area. The deck plans indicate pool available on Pride only. There was some discussion regarding the changes in this article: http://www.expertcruiser.com/blog/windstar-cruises-unveils-star-breeze-and-star-legend-design-renovations/.

Hope this helps a little - very excited about this cruise and looking forward to experiencing the Legend.

It's the same on all ships and Suzanne (Tom) gave you correct information.

I'd tell you the information is right on their web page, but the new web design is so horrible, I couldn't easily find it. Whoever designed and approved that page should be fired. Awful.

If I was a new cruiser, I'd give up and go to another cruiseline after looking at that mess.

Edited by 6rugrats

I'd tell you the information is right on their web page, but the new web design is so horrible, I couldn't easily find it. Whoever designed and approved that page should be fired. Awful.

If I was a new cruiser, I'd give up and go to another cruiseline after looking at that mess.

Agreed. I was looking for the info on one of the Food and Wine sailings. It's under destinations rather than find a cruise. Very un-intuitive and frustrating.

I agree, the website is horrible, not customer friendly, I feel I am rather tech savvy and I have a hard time with the site. I do not think it is creative or customer friendly. It does not parlay the tremendous experience that awaits cruisers. We adore Windstar Cruises, have never been on other cruises, we are 17 timers and it scares me as to how many people have given up along with their dismal service in getting back to folks whether it is via phone or email. We want Windstar to survive and to continue sailing for at least another 17 cruises. This has been a prominent complaint over and over on these sites, I wish central office would do something about it. Happy Sailing Susanne

Thanks for the feedback. At the same time I posted this to the Board I also emailed the same comments/questions to Windstar as well as the large booking agency I booked through. Late today the Agency wrote me the following as its response to my questions:

The information given to me by Windstar is that the dress is Country Club Casual jackets are not required. The pools are not removed.

Edited by Oldsweets
Spelling

I have been assuming "no pool" and expanded Candles, as I had read in a travel article. Curious after reading this thread, I hopped over to the Windstar Website:

Please refer to the attachments

1) the Deck Plan for the Pride, Legend & Breeze clearly states the the Pool is on the Pride only.

2) The description of the Legend clearly invites you to take a dip in the pool!

Interesting!

Pride-Star-Breeze-Deck-Plans-2015.pdf

Star Legend - Luxury Cruise Yacht - Windstar Cruises.pdf

I agree and this isn't all that helpful for you but let's hope someone from Windstar (Hans you reading this?) will post. We are cruising Legend a few weeks after your return so I would welcome hearing what you saw upon your return. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Oldsweets

It's really no big deal! I have been on the Seabourn Legend for 4 weeks and Seabourn Spirit for 4 weeks.... the New Windstar Legend & Breeze.

I love those ships!

And I promise you that if the pool isn't there, you will not miss it!

The placement of that pool is such, that no one uses it!

That real estate would be better claimed by the restaurant next door!

I'm pretty sure the cruise will be great one way or the other! :)

I'd tell you the information is right on their web page, but the new web design is so horrible, I couldn't easily find it. Whoever designed and approved that page should be fired.

I think WS is too busy looking for a VP of Sales at the moment!

That aside, with close to 2000 guests weekly, they really need to have more vacation planners. I speak positively about WS to friends and colleagues, mostly because of the on-board experience and amazing crew.

Thank you for your email and taking time to write to us!

The Star Legend will undergo a renovation in just a few months now, before she starts sailing with us. $8.5 million is budgeted for her renovation only. If you'd like to read more about it please visit our website: http://www.windstarcruises.com/Yachts/Transformation/

As for the dress code that, and everything else, is the same as on the sailing yachts. So the only thing that really changed is the vessel itself. The staff will be the same, the restaurants will be the same ( AmphorA and Candles ) and the dress code is the country club casual as it is on the other yachts. So no need to bring ties or sport jackets.

As for the pool and the hot tubs, I have not heard that we would be changing those. I imagine it would be the same as on the Star Pride. There are 2 hot tubs in the middle of the deck 7. Also, though it's not huge ( wouldn't be able to swim laps ) there is a pool towards the end of the same deck

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,