Club Med 2

dandee2

In the news this morning: Axa and a Chinese conglomerate have offered to buy the remaining stock of Club Med ($700m). If this becomes reality, will they sell the Club Med 2?? Is there another sail ship in Windstar future?

dandee2

Yes it is. There was some rumors last year about WS acquiring CM2 but Club Med declined selling her. I'm just thinking that if the "friendly" stock take-over the consortium goes ahead and they want to open new 'villages" in Asia and China, CM2 doesn't really fit in the new direction they will take and selling could be possible.

• 1 year later...

I heard this same rumor on board the Surf in December 2014. It came from a member of staff who would have some reason to know. The Club Med 2, was built as the Wind Saga, and is a sister ship of Club Med 1, which came to WS as the Wind Surf, the originally planned name.

I heard this same rumor on board the Surf in December 2014. It came from a member of staff who would have some reason to know. The Club Med 2, was built as the Wind Saga, and is a sister ship of Club Med 1, which came to WS as the Wind Surf, the originally planned name.

Maybe the Chinese conglomerate has it's eyes on the Surf