Star Pride Suites

Thameside

I am looking to book a short Black sea cruise on the Star Pride and have read many contributions on this board regarding this ship, thanks. Can anyone please tell me if the cabins/suites have been refurbished and look like the photos on their website as some reports suggest they are not. Thanks for your help.

I am looking to book a short Black sea cruise on the Star Pride and have read many contributions on this board regarding this ship, thanks. Can anyone please tell me if the cabins/suites have been refurbished and look like the photos on their website as some reports suggest they are not. Thanks for your help.

We are scheduled to sail the Black Sea in Sept. on the Star Pride and have many of the same questions. We saw photos of the Classic suite and they do look upgraded. But, no way to tell if all of the suites have been upgraded. We will take our chances and hope for the best.

Hey there. We sailed Pride last August Rome-Venice...and took a Classic Suite. Really nice. Pricey though. They're in the bow..little sitting living room...small bedroom..outdoor area to sit but not a great view. If people are sitting on the deck or using hot tub you can see them but they can't see in. No noise problem. We booked it again for next Christmas so we think it's worth it. It has been updated like all the other cabins. The regular cabins look pretty damn nice too..bigger than Surf, Spirit, and Star. Enjoy your GREAT itinerary!

• 1 month later...

I'm on the Pride as I type this. The only good thing I have to say is that the suites are huge. But are in dire need of a gut rehab. No wonder Seabourn dumped it, this puppy is OLD. just one example, all the woodwork is pickled oak. When's the last time you saw that!! The furnishings are old but clean. The cabin is full of mystery switches that probable did something 25 years ago, our ceiling is stained. I'll not book Pride again until they gut her.

Just got off the Star Pride yesterday after a wonderful 10 cruise of SE Asia. The ship looks great...all internal spaces are beautiful, pool and jacuzzis are clean, food is great, and the crew is phenomenal. Yes, the cabin decor is dated but the overall look has been refreshed and the walk-in closet, dual sinks, and an array of lighting options make it comfortable and completely functional. All the negative reviews from mid-2014 no longer apply as things have either been fixed or replaced. I was in cabin 110 and very pleased with its location on the vessel. And it's in the cheapest category. No need to spend more on other categories.

Glad to hear you enjoyed cabin 110 on the Pride. We have the same cabin booked on the Legend and I've been keeping my fingers crossed that we would like it.

Please consider writing a review of your cruise in the Member Cruise Reviews section. I know it takes time to do but I'm sure many people would appreciate it, especially those considering a Windstar cruise for the first time.

Let me add that the spaces that received the most attention and in particular the Yacht Club and gorgeous and when you walk in you're suddenly back in "Windstar land"! Other spaces and especially the cabins still feel very dated and something as simple as refinishing that oak would go along way. Same great windstar staff and food so I'm tempering my earlier thoughts. Book the Pride, try to ignore the acres of bad 25 year old woodwork. I hope they find the money to finish up the parts that haven't yet had the full Windstar treatment.

BTW. We only have 86 on board and the crew says all loads have been light. WS must be taking a bath on SE Asia. Maybe they need to market better to regions like Australia where the travel distances to get to the cruise aren't so long.