Pre- and Post-Cruise Transfer vs Taxi

pteague

Hi all,

We will be cruising on the Wind Spirit 19Jun-26Jun (Tahiti) and have tacked on a day pre- and post-cruise. Does anyone know how much Windstar charges to take you from the airport to your hotel? We'll be staying at the Manava and I'm trying to figure out if we should take a cab or have Windstar transport us. I have no idea how much each option would cost. (I checked Windstar's website and can't find this information.)

Thanks!

In my experience with Windstar, they will only transport you to or from the hotel that they offer lodging in or the airport. For instance, when we stayed in Panama, we had to take a taxi from our hotel to the Marriott, where we picked up the Windstar transportation to the ship. The drive to Colon is rather long so it is definitely worth using the Windstar bus in Panama. It really depends on the particular cruise.

We did the Panama Canal cruise last December and since there were four of us, the hotel we stayed at got us a car and driver to take us to Colon. Our driver was very knowledgable and we enjoyed our trip with him. He charged us $150 for all of us and since it was a bit of a hike we felt it was worthwhile.