a few questions...

mominhouston

We are traveling on Star Breeze May 25th and have a few questions:

1) when itinerary states ship departs at 6pm what time should you be on the ship. This question is for each day in port. We plan to be there by 1pm first day.

2) how are the toiletries on the ship? Planning to only have carry-on so hoping I can space space and not pack soap, shampoo & conditioner.

3) are the towels on-board suitable to use in port as beach towels? And will they allow you to take on/off boat?

4) how is the internet on-board? My husband feels that he cannot be completely disconnected due to his business.

5) Any specific advice for first time WindStar cruisers. This will only be our second cruise. First was on Disney Dream with kids :-)

6) anything you wish you had brought on your last Windstar cruise?

7) temperatures seem to range from 50-80's this time of the year in the 8 ports we will visit. Packing layers and lightweight packable wind/rain jacket.

Thanks for the help!

We are traveling on Star Breeze May 25th and have a few questions:

1) when itinerary states ship departs at 6pm what time should you be on the ship. This question is for each day in port. We plan to be there by 1pm first day.

I believe they typically want you on an hour before sail time.

2) how are the toiletries on the ship? Planning to only have carry-on so hoping I can space space and not pack soap, shampoo & conditioner.

L'Occitane Verbena scent. All are good quality, you don't need to pack your own.

3) are the towels on-board suitable to use in port as beach towels? And will they allow you to take on/off boat?

Sorry, not sure, we were on a Med itinerary, so that wasn't an issue.

4) how is the internet on-board? My husband feels that he cannot be completely disconnected due to his business.

We never used the on board WiFi, we found a cafe in port each day where a beer or glass of wine got you the WiFi password. Cheap and convenient.

5) Any specific advice for first time WindStar cruisers. This will only be our second cruise. First was on Disney Dream with kids :-)

You will enjoy it. It is 180 degrees different from DCL in a good way. We've sailed the Dream and it was far too big for our tastes. Food on Windstar is generally better, and the environment and guests are generally more sophisticated and well traveled.

6) anything you wish you had brought on your last Windstar cruise?

If anything I brought things I didn't need.

7) temperatures seem to range from 50-80's this time of the year in the 8 ports we will visit. Packing layers and lightweight packable wind/rain jacket.

Thanks for the help!

Enjoy!

I agree with the 1 hour before departure.

Toiletries are fantastic, no need to bring your own. They won't care if you take towels with you. I would grab larger ones from the pool area.

Internet isn't very good. I think my last voyage I didn't even purchase any, we would find wifi in port as suggested. Lots of times the port itself has free wifi, easy to "spot" with a search or where the crew hangs out. Never missed purchasing some.

Advice:

I'd go with the laundry package. We always arrive to departure port 3-4 days early. It's nice to get your clothing freshly laundered when you get on ship. Also have clean clothes if you continue on your vacation after disembarkation.

Staff is wonderful. We always bring extra cash to give to those who go above and beyond.

We have always met fantastic people on each voyage. Be open to sharing table at dinner, you will be pleasantly surprised how friendly people can be.

Enjoy the open bridge policy. It's fascinating.

There is a wonderful DVD library aboard ship for your in room enjoyment.

Have a wonderful time. I can't seem to get myself back on a large ship again. Windstar and its crew are simply fabulous!

• 3 weeks later...