Capri - Windstar excursion or on your own?

fpardo87

Hi all- My wife and I will be on the May 3rd sailing of the Classic Italy & Dalmatian Coast on the Wind Surf. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with one of the excursions being offered -- the one that includes a boat tour around the island (does not include the Blue Grotto), entrance to the Augustus Gardens, and a trip back down to Marina Grande on the funicular (cable car). The price for two of us seems comparable to doing it on our own (seems like private tour boat hires are at least €100), we don't need to see the Blue Grotto, and of course the convenience factor of letting Windstar handle the logistics is a plus. Has anyone been on this excursion that cares to comment? Thanks!

We have done Capri twice with Windstar. The 1st time we did one of their tours that included a boat tour around the island and up to Anacapri to take the chairlift to the top of the island. This was great since it gave you a great view of the island from both land and sea. For 1st time visitors I think this one is the best option. The second time we went on our own and bought a finicular/bus pass and explored the island by land. Which ever one you do, make sure to take the chairlift to the top of the island.