What I hope is a stupid question

confused123

I booked on the Star Legend and got the last regular cabin. The only thing left was a large suite that was just too expensive. So here is the question: the cabin is called a "connecting" cabin. I assume that this means that there is a door that can be opened to connect 128 to 126 but that it can also be closed? Is it like a hotel room that is connecting...it can be a single room or can be used connected?

I warned you it was stupid:) but I am in fear that my husband and I will be sharing our cabin with the people in 126!!!!

Each pair of cabins is accessed via a short hallway off the main corridor. Some of these have an extra door before the short hallway that you can close to make the Two cabins open to eah other, but the two regular doors are still there.

In my years with the fire department instructors stressed "there are no stupid questions, only stupid mistakes".

Not sure about the former Seabourn ships, it may be either a shared vestibule (I've only seen that on Windstar) or a door on the cabin wall. If the door on the wall, each cabin will have one that can only be opened from the inside, the only way the cabins connect is if both parties choose to open the doors on their side.

If a vestibule (I had one of those cabins on my last Wind Star cruise, the only thing different will be a second door at the hallway that should stay open. The one slight disadvantage I saw was that the common door had a different key, mine closed once by accident and I had to get the crew to open it.

Roy

I booked on the Star Legend and got the last regular cabin. The only thing left was a large suite that was just too expensive. So here is the question: the cabin is called a "connecting" cabin. I assume that this means that there is a door that can be opened to connect 128 to 126 but that it can also be closed? Is it like a hotel room that is connecting...it can be a single room or can be used connected?

I warned you it was stupid:) but I am in fear that my husband and I will be sharing our cabin with the people in 126!!!!

Hi confused123,

I was clued in that you have been asking questions on a number of Windstar general threads.

You did join the thread specific to Star Legend - Dublin to Edinburgh - June 26, 2015.

We are a small group, but at least 2 of us have Windstar experience.

You seem to have been given good replies to all your questions, but perhaps we can add to them.

So please rejoin us. Put your data onto the spreadsheet.

Add your photo and data to the Cruise Fellows site (link included on spreadsheet.

And be sure to look at the excursions we have found, some have signed on to join.

Dick (robbi36)

I have sailed on the former Seabourn ships many times. The connecting door is part of the cabin wall and is indeed like a hotel room. We have been in these cabins and have never heard any noise from our neighbours. You will be fine.

• 1 month later...
I have sailed on the former Seabourn ships many times. The connecting door is part of the cabin wall and is indeed like a hotel room. We have been in these cabins and have never heard any noise from our neighbours. You will be fine.

I don't think so. There are two completely separate cabins whose doors open off a sort of vestibule. No door between the two cabins themselves.

I don't think so. There are two completely separate cabins whose doors open off a sort of vestibule. No door between the two cabins themselves.

I'm not sure which cabins you are referring to. Do you have the numbers and I may be able to help.

I'm not sure which cabins you are referring to. Do you have the numbers and I may be able to help.

323 on the Pride. If there was a connecting for within the cabin it was such a non issue that neither of us have any recollection of it.