Questions - Star Pride September

grogers11

Various questions I cannot seem to find on the website or are not clear:

1. How many bars and how many restaurants are on the ship? For the other restaurants besides the main dining room, what types of food do they specialize in and is there a limit to how many times you can eat in them? Do you make a reservation before you board?

2. Is there a buffet restaurant at night where we could wear very casual clothes (i.e. jeans)?

3. Is there a liquor list somewhere and possibly pricing? I'm trying to decide if the alcohol package will be worth it.

Thanks!

Edited by grogers11
notifications of replies

1. 2 restaurants. The Veranda, which is open for Breakfast and Lunch. Always a buffet with options off a menu as well. No reservations and hours change based on ship schedule. This turns into Candles at night and reservations are necessary. You can do this as you board or anytime during the cruise. The main restaurant at night is Amphora, and you just show up. Completely open seating. In addition, the yacht club opens early for coffee and pastries in the morning and has sandwiches and light snacks throughout the day. Weather permitting they set up a sort of burger hot dog station on the upper deck at lunch time. Room service is always available as well.

2. Candles is casual and if the jeans are semi dressy they'll let you into Amphora. If you want to be really sloppy the option would be room service on deck.

3. There's a huge thread about this. My opinion is that if you find the package a good value you need to think about detox and are likely due for a liver transplant. Note than many things aren't included, and you're limited to their house wine by the glass (currently round hill = dreck) in the dining room.

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't see us being 'sloppy' but in general life, my boyfriend and I typically wear jeans...not jeans with holes, tears, etc, nicer jeans. I can see when we get back from our days out and about, we may be tired and just want to get something to eat and go to bed. Sometimes it's nice to not have to go to your cabin and shower/change.

For the liquor, our cruise is quite port intensive. I don't think the alcohol package is probably worth it, but if beers cost $10 and mixed drinks $12+, then yes, it might be worth it to us. I guess we can decide once we board and have a chance to take a look at the liquor choices and pricing.