Corkage fee

flyhelper

My travel agent will send us a few bottles of wine as gift. Will the bottles be waiting for us in our cabins? If we bring the wine to MDR at dinner time, will we be charged a corkage fee and if yes how much? Thanks!

Actually, they will be gift certificates that you use to purchase the wine at the dining room or one of the bars.

If you bring your own wine (bought off the ship) to the dining room, the corkage is $15 (if your waiter decides to charge you)

You will receive vouchers in your stateroom for the wine. You can call room service to have them delivered, or take them to any dining venue on board to cash them in (one at a time if you wish). There will be no corkage fee charged since they are a gift and purchased through the cruise line. ;)

Actually, they will be gift certificates that you use to purchase the wine at the dining room or one of the bars.

If you bring your own wine (bought off the ship) to the dining room, the corkage is $15 (if your waiter decides to charge you)

I see. If I redeem the gift certificate at a bar, should I tip the bartender by cash, or can I charge the tips on my room card even though the wine is not purchased on my card? Thanks.

I see. If I redeem the gift certificate at a bar, should I tip the bartender by cash, or can I charge the tips on my room card even though the wine is not purchased on my card? Thanks.

Since you are just turning over a voucher, there is no place to add a tip that I have ever seen on them. I would suggest tipping in cash.

If you only want the one glass, you could always pour it out in the cabin and take it into the dining room. No corkage charge then.

Archived