Bora Bora

Minorhawk

Looking to check out Bora Bora without a shore excursion. Some thiings we want to do are:

-See Bloody Mary's (maybe eat there, but not necessary).

-Sunset cruise (The ship, Wind Spirit, does not offer this as an option).

-See the "town/village area"

-Go to a beach.

Any other suggestions are welcomed. We will be doing so much snorkeling on our 12 days, I would like to have a bit of a different day in Bora Bora. We will be there on a Tuesday and Wednesday in June.

Thanks for all the input,

When we were there we took a tour that took us all around the Island and as part of that tour we stopped at Bloody Mary's.

If you can go around the entire island it is worth doing as it is very pretty. We had a few short stops along the way as well.

Keith

You can easily go to Maitra Beach as there are shuttles for I think $5 or $10 each way at the dock. From there you can get a cab to Bloody Mary's. The town is at the dock and takes 15 minutes to see.

IMHO I would consider an excursion, look at Pure Snorkeling. Small fast ski type boat that has about 4 snorkeling stops. It is about a 4 hour excursion. You can be asked to be dropped off at Bloody Mary's after the snorkeling for lunch, then head to town and then back to the ship.

I would not miss seeing the lagoon from the water.

I like the plan for the beach, Bloody Mary's and the town...I also like the snorkel tour too. Glad we're there for two days!! I'm going to look into the excursion now. Thanks for the input!! Much appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion of Pure Snorkel. I have exchanged emails and booked with then for our first day in Bora Bora. The process was smooth and easy and a no brainer after reading their reviews on Trip Adviser. I really appreciate all the info that is available!

• 1 month later...

We booked a tour in Bora Bora with Lagoon Services and we had a wonderful time. Our guide was Shaq and he made sure we were confortable and even provided some entertainment....singing and playing the ukalele.

Swimming with sharks and rays was an experience we will not soon forget....Bora Bora is simply beautiful !:)

• 3 months later...

Rent a car. little Office across the street think its Budget, Rent the car for about 60 bucks do the Island and have lunch at Bloody Marys.

Your not going to get lost honestly.:):):):):):)

Have a great time. we did