Bora Bora with Kids

shoco

Hello everyone,

we will be going on a Carnival cruise from Sydney to Hawaii in April 17 and will stop in Bora Bora for a day. We take the kids along (7 and 5 years old) and I am researching shore tour options. Many are snorkelling only or 4 WD. Might be a bit rough for the kids. Do you have any recommendation for tours with kids? Or any hotel recommendation where we can spent a lazy day on the beach? Many thanks for your time!

Hello everyone,

we will be going on a Carnival cruise from Sydney to Hawaii in April 17 and will stop in Bora Bora for a day. We take the kids along (7 and 5 years old) and I am researching shore tour options. Many are snorkelling only or 4 WD. Might be a bit rough for the kids. Do you have any recommendation for tours with kids? Or any hotel recommendation where we can spent a lazy day on the beach? Many thanks for your time!

Don't go on a tour. Take the shuttle or a taxi to Matira beach and make it a beach day. It's a free public beach with a decent restaurant. Bora Bora is all about the water. Maybe head to the grocery store first and get food and drink. It's 3 minute walk from the tender drop off point.

Edited by twin123185

We are doing the opposite trip to you this year, Hawaii to Sydney on Carnival Legend. My daughters are 10 and 7 so a little older. I googled Patricks tours Bora Bora and they had some good boat and snorkelling ones.

My youngest turned 4 on her first cruise and the best thing we bought was a floaty ring (just a cheap ring). That way we could still snorkel and when she had had enough, she could just float around. Bought it for the then 7 year old as well. They loved the snorkelling and swimming, but liked to be able to just float with their head in the water as well. We have inflatable boogie boards this time!

If you like I can let you know how our tours went.

What about the other ports, what are your thoughts?

Hello everyone,

We have done Patrick's tour and Bora and it was definitely a day to remember. I wouldn't recommend it for a 5 and 7 year old however. There's no easy way to get on and off the boat and the sharks and rays are swimming close enough to touch. I think it would be a bit frightening. I know it was frightening to many adults! A beach close to port would be a great option.

Thanks so much for your recommendations! Do you know if we can also spend a day at one of the hotels as a "day visitor". I would love to see the famous overwater bungalows (even just from the outside :-))

Thanks so much for your recommendations! Do you know if we can also spend a day at one of the hotels as a "day visitor". I would love to see the famous overwater bungalows (even just from the outside :-))

Expensive!

The Intercontinental is next to the free Matira beach. Take the walk.