Choice Air Tickets

Leni

I am new to Choice Air bookings. It seems as if you get a confirmation reference number from the Cruise company but not an actual electronic ticket. For those of you who have used Choice Air, does that present a problem at check in at the airport? Thank you

There is a sticky at the top of this forum discussing Choice Air you may find helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1456868

You do not need your actual ticket number to check in for a flight; you just need your confirmation number. When your flight is ticketed though, you should receive your ticket number.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum discussing Choice Air you may find helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1456868

You do not need your actual ticket number to check in for a flight; you just need your confirmation number. When your flight is ticketed though, you should receive your ticket number.

Thank you for the link. It was very helpful but did it not go into details about tickets. I received a reference and ticket number from the cruise company, but the ticket number (10 characters long) is not an electronic ticket whereby I can book seats on line or check in on line. In chatting with Choice Air , that is the process. I have never flown with just a reference number.I was interested in finding out if Choice Air customers had any difficulty when checking in at airports.

I am confused. If you have your PNR and you have actually been ticketed, you should be able to choose seats now (if your airline allows advance seat selection), and you should be able to check in on line.

You don't need a ticket number to do any of this. Have you tried pulling up this reservation on the airline's webpage, or calling them about this?

I am new to Choice Air bookings. It seems as if you get a confirmation reference number from the Cruise company but not an actual electronic ticket. For those of you who have used Choice Air, does that present a problem at check in at the airport? Thank you

You only need the airline booking number. Usually six alpha characters.

You don't need the eticket number.

Thank you 6rugrats and Donray for your reassurance. I was not able to do anything online but only through customer service. The reference number would not let me in. Maybe it takes awhile for the airlines to receive ticket info. I did book my seats and will not worry about checking in without an eticket. There is always something new to learn. :)

Maybe it takes awhile for the airlines to receive ticket info. I did book my seats and will not worry about checking in without an eticket. There is always something new to learn.
We booked flights thru Choice Air for an upcoming Azamara cruise to Asia. We received a 3-page document which contains a Choice Air Flight Confirmation, Travel Itinerary, Rules Summary and an e-Ticket. The e-ticket shows both the airline ticket numbers as well as the record locators. The record locators allowed us to access our flights immediately on-line with the carriers (AC and CX) and to book seats as soon as it was possible. There is also a link to checkmytrip.com which shows all the details. Granted, the e-ticket doesn't look like what we're used to, but I'm sure it will do the job.

Thank you 6rugrats and Donray for your reassurance. I was not able to do anything online but only through customer service. The reference number would not let me in. Maybe it takes awhile for the airlines to receive ticket info. I did book my seats and will not worry about checking in without an eticket. There is always something new to learn. :)

I don't think you have the airline record locator number if you cannot get to your reservation online.

There is also a link to checkmytrip.com which shows all the details.
Checkmytrip is a consumer-level front-end for reservations booked into the Amadeus GDS. You could also use the appropriate airline website. Just FYI.
Granted, the e-ticket doesn't look like what we're used to, but I'm sure it will do the job.
Given that an e-ticket is just the electrons that store the ticket data, I assume you mean the paper that lists the numbers.

A 2x2 inch sticky note would be just as effective, if you can read small numbers.

Locator = six character alpha-numeric

E-Ticket = 13 digit numeric code, starting with the three-digit designator of the ticketing airline.

The biggest reasons for having the ticket number are that it is cross-platform and can reference your ticket apart from a particular airline's system locator. This can be useful to have filed away if you will be flying several different airlines on one trip. Sometimes in irops, a non-issuing airline will want the ticket number when doing a re-issue. Having it on hand makes things easier.

Personally, I have the locators and ticket numbers in one place, on a small piece of paper that fits into the passport wallet. Easy to find if I need it.

I am always amazed at the kind responses from members of CC. Thank you for your understanding of my concerns. Choice Air was a new venture for me and now, one I will repeat again. Thank you !!

Archived