Replies..how long

PaulaJK

does it usually take to receive a reply.

We are interested n a Feb/March Odyssey cruise. Insp[ired/worried by the many posts, including one that recounts the MDR closed on a sea day] I wrote to SB asking for clarification about MDR opening on that cruise. 2nd questions was re: any enrichment. There are 11 sea days.

First, an auto reply...questions answered in order rec'd

2nd reply...would need to research this and get back to me.

One full week....no answers

Do you have a TA? If yes, ask her to communicate for you. We did that and had a reply regarding an issue within a day, though the question was sent midweek and not weekend

Having said this, it is not good you had no reply to you for a week.

If no TA, just call the service number during business hours.

does it usually take to receive a reply.

We are interested n a Feb/March Odyssey cruise. Insp[ired/worried by the many posts, including one that recounts the MDR closed on a sea day] I wrote to SB asking for clarification about MDR opening on that cruise. 2nd questions was re: any enrichment. There are 11 sea days.

First, an auto reply...questions answered in order rec'd

2nd reply...would need to research this and get back to me.

One full week....no answers

Usually I'll get an auto replay within an hour or two and then a response within 24hours of that auto reply. One week I believe is beyond excessive.

I agree with Emperor Norton.

I've contacted them by email quite often and after the automated reply I've never waited longer than 48 hrs for a response, and that's taking into account the minus 7/8 hour time difference between Seattle and France/UK.

Definitely agree your wait has been excessive and suggest you contact again.

Response:

"We apologize that it has taken so long for us to provide any solid response to your inquiry regarding the schedule of the main dining room for the 2/28/16 voyage of SB Odyssey. We have been advised that at this time we do not yet know for certain what this schedule will be for this itinerary. We regret any frustration that this may cause."

They added that The Club will have a trio and a 5 piece and, that there will be 6 enrichment speakers, bridge & art instructors and a rabbi & priest.

So we have a combination of undefined/unarticulated and quite detailed offerings.

Response:

"We apologize that it has taken so long for us to provide any solid response to your inquiry regarding the schedule of the main dining room for the 2/28/16 voyage of SB Odyssey. We have been advised that at this time we do not yet know for certain what this schedule will be for this itinerary. We regret any frustration that this may cause."

They added that The Club will have a trio and a 5 piece and, that there will be 6 enrichment speakers, bridge & art instructors and a rabbi & priest.

So we have a combination of undefined/unarticulated and quite detailed offerings.

You could ask the Rabbi and the Priest to pray that the MDR will be open for breakfast and lunch.

Well Mr Luxury, that may be the only route to getting the MDR open!!!

I suspect, but do not know, that this portends SB's future approach.

There are 11 sea days on this cruise so I found this reply rather depressing. I realize that many enjoy the Colonnade & that is fine. Meanwhile, we enjoy a quiet environment with menu items made to order. [Yes, I know about the 2 daily specials.] We're not enthralled with peeking into silver chafing dishes & probably basically prefer grilled rather than sauced items.

Well Mr Luxury, that may be the only route to getting the MDR open!!!

I suspect, but do not know, that this portends SB's future approach.

There are 11 sea days on this cruise so I found this reply rather depressing. I realize that many enjoy the Colonnade & that is fine. Meanwhile, we enjoy a quiet environment with menu items made to order. [Yes, I know about the 2 daily specials.] We're not enthralled with peeking into silver chafing dishes & probably basically prefer grilled rather than sauced items.

I understand as I always go to the MDR for breakfast and on the rare occasion that I eat lunch on a ship I do like to go to the MDR.

I have never been on a Seabourn ship where the MDR has been closed for either breakfast or lunch.

PaulaJK - You may have noticed that this voyage now says "call for availability". We're on this cruise and our TA says it's sold out literally overnight. I hope you didn't miss out while waiting for SB to reply. But maybe their reply affected your interest anyway!

We have cruised all the luxury lines except Seabourn. 250 days on Regent. We've now booked our first S trip in 2017, an expensive 16 day itinerary circling Great Britain. We can't wait.

We live by choice in the sticks. Love it. We don't go out for dinner. And we don't miss doing so. But when we go on a luxury cruise, we do so to dine at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We don't wish to eat in the cafeteria even if it is a very very nice cafeteria and even if there is a menu option. Regardless of what you name it, it is still a cafeteria. It will often be noisy and busy and, if tables for two are all occupied, a shared table will be the only option.

If dining at breakfast and lunch on that itinerary is a crap shoot at the discretion of the general manager, we'll scrap the trip. And we'll scrap the Seabourn option since all the other luxury lines offer a quiet, quality, enjoyable breakfast and lunch option in the main dining room.

We have cruised all the luxury lines except Seabourn. 250 days on Regent. We've now booked our first S trip in 2017, an expensive 16 day itinerary circling Great Britain. We can't wait.

We live by choice in the sticks. Love it. We don't go out for dinner. And we don't miss doing so. But when we go on a luxury cruise, we do so to dine at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We don't wish to eat in the cafeteria even if it is a very very nice cafeteria and even if there is a menu option. Regardless of what you name it, it is still a cafeteria. It will often be noisy and busy and, if tables for two are all occupied, a shared table will be the only option.

If dining at breakfast and lunch on that itinerary is a crap shoot at the discretion of the general manager, we'll scrap the trip. And we'll scrap the Seabourn option since all the other luxury lines offer a quiet, quality, enjoyable breakfast and lunch option in the main dining room.

If you end up scrapping the trip, please be sure to let them no in no uncertain terms why.