A video from the South African Holiday cruise on board Sojourn

Able Seaman H

What a fine video! Henry, you have brought a wide smile to my face.

Why? I have not had a chance to join a Christmas cruise on Seabourn nor have I sailed on Sojourn. But we do join Sojourn in a bit less than a month and I see on your video several officers and crew from Quest and Odyssey. All great people, friends really.

Thank you for brightening up the evening in wintry London.

Happy sailing!

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

I know it sounds corny but it really is the crew who make Seabourn. We too were delighted when we recognised some of the wonderful people who looked after and entertained us from last year.

Some familiar faces in there :)

Henry

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

I know it sounds corny but it really is the crew who make Seabourn. We too were delighted when we recognised some of the wonderful people who looked after and entertained us from last year.

Some familiar faces in there :)

Henry

Henry, again a beautiful video - as was your video of the 2013/14 Holiday Panama Canal Cruise. You truly captivate how wonderful it is to sail with Seabourn. So sorry we missed traveling with you all this year. (I'm sure you missed us in the Club) A Very Happy New Year! W & P

I knocked this up whilst on board and it was shown at the Captain's farewell event. In case you missed it on the cruise or weren't on the cruise !!

Enjoy

Henry :)

Hi Henry,

I cannot get the video all I get is a weird video in a language that I do not recognise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Henry,

When you make another video- and I hope you will do so- please consider

adding a cameo of your lovely 14 year old daughter who accompanied you and your wife on this recent cruise. That is if she wants to be included.

She would be welcome anywhere I happen to be on one of my upcoming cruises on Sojourn and Odyssey!

Happy sailing!

My post-cruise blues have just started to set in today, so this video of our super Christmas cruise was just the tonic to cheer me up a bit and look forward to next time !

Very well done Henry, I think you've captured the SB experience very well.

Once again many thanks for all the kind words.

I have more footage from the cruise and the land based elements of our trip which I will put together at some point and post up. I even have a bit of action footage shot with no regard for my personal safety in the water slide park Durban :)

Henry

Henry, again a beautiful video - as was your video of the 2013/14 Holiday Panama Canal Cruise. You truly captivate how wonderful it is to sail with Seabourn. So sorry we missed traveling with you all this year. (I'm sure you missed us in the Club) A Very Happy New Year! W & P

The cruise was great but yes the cloooob felt empty without you guys!

All the more reason to book another one. Hopefully you had an enjoyable holiday period. The girls sent their regards.

The cruise was great but yes the cloooob felt empty without you guys!

All the more reason to book another one. Hopefully you had an enjoyable holiday period. The girls sent their regards.

Haha the cloooob!! We are looking at Singapore: starting Dec. 6 ending in Hong Kong January 3 or 4... Or just the Holiday portion starting Dec. 22 in Singapore... Our warmest regards to the girls!!

Haha the cloooob!! We are looking at Singapore: starting Dec. 6 ending in Hong Kong January 3 or 4... Or just the Holiday portion starting Dec. 22 in Singapore... Our warmest regards to the girls!!

How strange.........

......you never know who you might meet on board :)

Excellent video. Did you do it or was it Emily? :D In any event, well done.

Funny you should say that. Have a look at the credits at the end of this video and if you look very carefully you can see her poke her head out of the cockpit on the camera boat at the end. But on this occasion it was her old man !!

dhAsmncivCA

The poor girl was frozen at the end of the afternoon despite wearing her onsie as thermals :)

Edited by Able Seaman H

• 7 months later...

Thank guys.

I use a Panasonic camcorder HC-X900, a Canon digital SLR stills camera which also does video (recently changed to an EOS70D), and occasionally a GoPro camera.

The Canon has interchangeable lenses. At the moment I have an 18-135mm general purpose, a 10-24mm wide angle, a prime 50mm fixed lens with an extremely wide aperture for low light work / strong depth of field and a 70-300mm telephoto lens.

The only other thing I have which is a bit unusual is something called a slider. Mine is a really cheap & nasty one which I could probably do with upgrading but I tend to knock my stuff around a bit. It's there to be used and I'm often out on the water in little boats, driving in cars or in other hostile environments.

A few still shots I took the other day whilst anchored just inside the Solent near Hurst Castle. I spend a lot of time in the Solent and know it quite well.

http://s1001.photobucket.com/user/CEO-H/library/Hurst%20Fortress?sort=3&page=1

It's only a hobby but I've often thought about teaching people the basics of making videos whilst on a cruise. It's actually quite easy to get people to this sort of level, particularly if they already have an eye for taking a picture as many people I meet onboard do.