Best Deck Level to avoid Seasickness

Polar485

We are planning a cruise for May/June to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit. We will be traveling with a toddler and I want to ensure that we get a room that would be less likely of her getting sea sick. My husband and I normally stay on Level 8, but we are wondering if we should try something lower?

Thank you so much in advance for your opinions.

Pick a room low and mid ship. Those are supposedly the best for avoiding sea sickness.

I will say though, since you spend more time else where on the ship than you do in your room... maybe a cruise isn't the right choice if sea sickness is a major worry for your toddler.

I'll start by saying, I've been on 31 cruises (east coast, west coast, Europe, Med, and Transatlantics) but nothing, seems to bother me as much as the waters going to Bermuda.

We booked a last minute cruise on the Summit a few years ago and had to book an Oceanview room on Deck 3 (Plaza Deck) because no balconies were available. These rooms are the same size as Cat 2A-2C balcony rooms. I am prone to motion sickness and did really well without the use of Bonine.

Last year, we had a Deck 9 Balcony room on the Summit and I had to take Bonine and use the wrist bracelet the entire cruise. Having a balcony was great, but to be honest, I would have been happier back on deck 3.

Hope this helps.

With the stabilizers that modern ships have, sea sickness is not

nearly what it used to be.......in most cases, not a problem, especially

with use of transderm scop patches (patch behind your ear) . I don't know if the patches are appropriate for children, but they work wonders for adults.

Check with your family doctor, and/or pediatrician.

Just got back from my 7th cruise, came through rough seas before but this was the first time that I experienced any motion sickness at all. I always carry the wrist bands with me just in case. Well this time I had to use them and it was remarkable how fast they worked. Within about five minutes I was completely fine!! Completely natural and drug free.

We are planning a cruise for May/June to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit. We will be traveling with a toddler and I want to ensure that we get a room that would be less likely of her getting sea sick. My husband and I normally stay on Level 8, but we are wondering if we should try something lower?

Thank you so much in advance for your opinions.

I think a lower level, mid ship would be best.

I agree! If one is prone to sea sickness, I would book a stateroom on the lowest deck level, midship! ;) The higher the deck level & the further away from midship, the more you will feel the 'motion'/movement' of the ship, (think ROUGH SEAS)! :eek:

I agree! If one is prone to sea sickness, I would book a stateroom on the lowest deck level, midship! ;) The higher the deck level & the further away from midship, the more you will feel the 'motion'/movement' of the ship, (think ROUGH SEAS)! :eek:

And the design of HAL ships prevents seasickness!;)

Archived