Havana Cabana Suite

SissasMomE

Hi! We are looking at the Vista for December 2016. I am interested in the Havana Cabana Suite, but it shows it only available on Deck 5, which is the Promenade. Is your balcony and hammock private, or can folks walk right by you on the deck?

They are only available on Deck 5. People can walk right by you and stop to have a chit chat if they or you wish.

They are only available on Deck 5. People can walk right by you and stop to have a chit chat if they or you wish.

I think it would also be important to note that, from what we've heard so far, that this area of the lanai will only be for Havana Cabana guests... At least until 5pm anyways.

Essentially, only those staying in the Havana rooms will be walking past your room when you're catching your rays. By 5pm, most will be getting ready for dinner/catching shows, so I don't think it will be to bad.

That's one of the reasons I've booked it! We love meeting new people on cruises and it will nice to have our own "promenade" loungers and be able to "invite you into our yard", so to speak. :)

The ONLY drawback that I'm seeing is that while we will have a direct view to the ocean it appears to have a plexiglass wall there, so it will be like looking through a window, rather than straight out. I suppose, the promenade can get really windy at night, so this won't be a bad thing if we want to hang out and lounge in the evenings.

• 2 months later...

Does the Havana area have its own dedicated suite area where only suite people eat and can have loungers and pool? I sail NCL Haven and seeing if this may be another option that I may try.

Thank you.

Does the Havana area have its own dedicated suite area where only suite people eat and can have loungers and pool? I sail NCL Haven and seeing if this may be another option that I may try.

Thank you.

Sort of. Havanna cabins are not all suites (actually I think there are only four of them) but anyone staying in a "Havana" category room has access to the Havana Pool area at the back of the ship.

Rumor has it, it's for Havana guests only until 5 pm, when anyone can come and use it, or walk around or get a drink. I also believe the Havana lounge will have some type of food as well, but not 100% sure on that.

From what I can tell of the artist's renderings of the cabanas the balcony isn't a true "balcony" that you and I are thinking of on a traditional Carnival ship either. There's no glass wall and railing and you can't lean over your railing and see water. You are basically having a porch that leads to the lanai. From the lanai people can walk by your balcony or what I feel like is a "porch" and like a previous poster has said say hi or hold a conversation with you. If complete privacy is an issue for you this may not be your top choice. If people walking by and being able to say hi to you is ok with you than go for it. I don't mind either way. It's just not what we chose to book. We are going for a cheaper balcony this time after spending a lot on our 8 day breeze cruise this year.

From what I can tell of the artist's renderings of the cabanas the balcony isn't a true "balcony" that you and I are thinking of on a traditional Carnival ship either. There's no glass wall and railing and you can't lean over your railing and see water. You are basically having a porch that leads to the lanai. From the lanai people can walk by your balcony or what I feel like is a "porch" and like a previous poster has said say hi or hold a conversation with you. If complete privacy is an issue for you this may not be your top choice. If people walking by and being able to say hi to you is ok with you than go for it. I don't mind either way. It's just not what we chose to book. We are going for a cheaper balcony this time after spending a lot on our 8 day breeze cruise this year.

These are not balcony cabins, and are not called balcony cabins. They are Havana Cabanas, in which you have your own cabana on the promenade. They are not categorized balcony, and do one have one, nor are they called balcony. They are cabana cabins on the promenade.

I like to call it a little fenced in "yard" with loungers (and possibly a hammock chair, that is yet to be confirmed).

Anyone been able to actually see the price of one of the 4 suites? I would like to know a ballpark on what one could cost for June 2017 and either I am doing it wrong or they are sold out on all the sailings.

Also--with just 4 of these--do you think TA's are the ones that get them?

Anyone been able to actually see the price of one of the 4 suites? I would like to know a ballpark on what one could cost for June 2017 and either I am doing it wrong or they are sold out on all the sailings.

Also--with just 4 of these--do you think TA's are the ones that get them?

June 2017 sailings are not out yet, so you won't be able to price them until you have the itinerary and dates. Maybe someone with one of the suites will share what they paid for a cruise in Feb or March 2017 so you have an idea, but it will be dependent on the itinerary as well, of course.

June 2017 sailings are not out yet, so you won't be able to price them until you have the itinerary and dates. Maybe someone with one of the suites will share what they paid for a cruise in Feb or March 2017 so you have an idea, but it will be dependent on the itinerary as well, of course.

We paid $2,600 each for our suite, including pre paid gratuities and vacation protection.

We booked in February this year for February 2017. When I called my PVP, I quickly learned that if I really wanted that suite (and we did) I didn't really have a choice in date or itinerary. That didn't matter as, for the first time, we are cruising more for the ship than itinerary.

If you really want that suite, I would suggest you keep looking and then when the new dates become available, book it.

We paid $2,600 each for our suite, including pre paid gratuities and vacation protection.

We booked in February this year for February 2017. When I called my PVP, I quickly learned that if I really wanted that suite (and we did) I didn't really have a choice in date or itinerary. That didn't matter as, for the first time, we are cruising more for the ship than itinerary.

If you really want that suite, I would suggest you keep looking and then when the new dates become available, book it.

I am talking about one of the four Havana Suites, by the way.

We are so excited for this cruise!

Thank you for the info! Any idea if any of them sleep more than 2?