What do you say to people who think Carnival cruise=cesspool?

Well said, I also find that most people who bad mouth Carnival have never actually sailed on Carnival. Their loss they are missing out on a great time. They can always go on a cruise line like NCL and get nickel and dimed to death.

NCL = Nickle (and dime) Cruise Line ? :D

So many people have opinions and just won't acknowledge other's. That's just the way it is .... on everything, not only cruises. Our favorite happens to be RCCI, but that's just been our individual experiences. However, there are always things that sometimes happen or things we don't like here or there as well as other ships and cruise lines. We've been on HAL, Carnival and NCL too. Again, some things we like, some we don't, but it's never been a deal breaker. I mean, it's a cruise! Fortunately our schedule is flexible which allows us to shop sales and sometimes go last minute for a cruise where both the timing and price is right. We're booked on the Allure in a few weeks but are also looking to try Celebrity next and at some point Princess. Sailing other lines is a good thing, in 'our opinion' and works for us. Just let them say what they will ... you're the one having the good time! Happy Sailing! :)

If everyone wanted to cruise on Carnival, I would not be able to go. Carnival could raise their prices and I would also get NOT any OBC.I am very HAPPY that lots of folks look down on carnival as a 2nd Class cruise line.I have enjoyed EVERY Cruise and so has my family.Yes been on RCCL.RCCL is just NOT my cup of tea.

I would not call them unbiased but definatly more informed Fox more often then not is just down right lies.

You're right, pretty much all broadcast and cable news is garbage in general, and Fox is definitely the worst hands down. Coverage of the cruise industry is always biased towards the negative regardless of network. Goes to show you should get all your news from cruise critic....

I use to defend my choice but not anymore. People will always find a reason to put Carnival down. So I memorized this ditty that Kathie Lee sang when she was doing the TV commercial for Carnival. Here it is: "If they could see me now, right on a fun ship cruise, eating fancy foods doing what you choose, I'd like my friends at home to get a good look, at the first great Carnival cruise that you took. All I can say is 'Wow!' and look at where you are, what a fun ship holy cow, they'll never believe it if my friends could see me now!" Of course, by the time I'm finished, they usually leave the subject alone... :cool:

I've traveled on several different cruise lines but keep going back to Carnival because it's where I've had the most fun and I think they have the best food. I also have to say that the staff on Carnival is friendlier than the other lines. For the most part, though, most lines are pretty much the same to me with the exception of the décor.

I've been able to find a deal each and every time on every line. For instance, my 14 day Panama Canal cruise on HAL was $700 per person for an outside cabin. I am a bargain hunter and a sucker for a sale.

When someone mentions that Carnival is sub-standard in any way, I've always asked if they've traveled on Carnival. The answer, every time, was no! It's ridiculous.

I used to have no problem defending Carnival to the naysayers, till 2008 to current. It's no longer the product it once was.

Carnival Cruises, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

LOL.

Yeah, we've got friends in low places. :)

I usually don't tell people about cruises.

I work with people who can't afford a car or to go to the doctor and sometimes have to do without their blood pressure meds, so talking about a cruise to them feels not so good.

I usually just say that I am going out of town.

People who know me well know where I am going.

Someone at work once did once come up and ask if Carnival was like they had heard with parties and drunks, ect.

I just said that was not really like it is. That if you want that it is there, but that I never see much of it.

Then the person who asked said that was kind of what they thought and that knowing me they thought that what they had heard must not be right.

Sometimes I think that people have unrealistic expectations based on a dream or something.

Like they will go on a cruise and everything will be magical and fabulous like floating on a cloud of joy or something.

As for family, in mine a bunch of us have cruised and its not a big deal.

Edited by mzloolue

If people tell me they think Carnival is the Walmart of cruising, then I usually just tell them I respect their opinion, and that I'm okay with it because that's one less downer on my ship where I'm going to be having the time of my life. :D

You are singing my song...I would never take a 3-4 day cruise because of the reasons you stated. I'd go a bit further and confess I would never take a spring break cruise. As you said...adults pace themselves!

Agreed. Our 2 day CTN was filled with drunken trailer/ghetto trash who raided the bars and liquor store like locusts. There were some regular cruisers, seniors, families, and other nice folks who were there to have a nice time, and unfortunately they were subjected to the trash.

Although we had a great time - the food was great, the activities were fun, and the few drinks we had were yummy, we had a 16 y/o with us, and the experience with all of the sleazy drunks taught us to never book less than a 5-day again, regardless of the line.

Edited by VASOXFANN

Fact of the matter is that I get a lovely cruise for a fraction of the price of most other sailings doing the same route. They could say all they wanted to me. :D

for what its worth my RCL loving friend really wants to try Carnival although she usually sails from the UK because of her dad's illness. I mentioned the Barcelona train and the Vista and she thought about it for a while. Carnival needs to get its lovely seafaring bottom to Europe every summer and get us Europeans on board that don't know about all the Carnival prejudice over the pond and offer serious competition to RCL/NCL et al. If Carnival were a guarantee in Europe each summer season I am sure they would get a heavy loyal following. Send a Fantasy class over as smaller ships are the norm in these parts if you must.

Simples.

I see the changes on the 2 newest competitors to constantly be improving. They actually needed to do nothing all while CCL performed their massive cutbacks and still would have ended up on top.

And who would that be or is it a secret because personally, I simply don't believe you. :rolleyes:

Edited by Out to sea!

The only people I've ever seen make negative remarks about Carnival are in their 60s and up.

Their belief is that Carnival is a huge booze cruise. I didn't feel that way on mine. There was a group of men in their mid to late 20s that got carried away a few times and once even picked up a server and threw him in the pool, but most people kept to themselves, chit-chatted when provoked, and always had smiles on their faces.

I don't really argue with people who talk poorly about Carnival. To each his own. I will eventually try other lines, but for now I love Carnival. :cool:

...There was a group of men in their mid to late 20s that got carried away a few times and once even picked up a server and threw him in the pool...

Best laugh of the weekend. Thank you.

I like to read everyone's opinions. The power of the pen.

I tell them that I've never had a bad Carnival cruise and always come back with a story to tell.

Our second favorite cruise line is Princess, Carnival Corp owned, and we've always had great cruises on Carnival's sister line, too.

I'll leave it at that. :) :p :)

We have cruised on Carnival, Princess, Royal Caribbean, and next year we will be on Holland America for the first time. Of the cruise lines that we have been on so far, we have found more similarities than differences.

We choose our cruises based on the itineraries. We are not loyal to any particular cruise line.

Most people find something they are comfortable and happy with, then stick with it. The nice thing about cruising is, there is something for everyone. Sometimes, you just have to try different lines until you find the one that is a "good fit" for you.

Happy cruising everyone!

Or you could just ask them how many Carnival cruises they have been on that have been a problem. The answer will be "none"

no one I know would be so rude, but if they were, I would ask the same question, and I am pretty sure the answer would be as you stated...NONE.

Carnival was the very first cruise my DH and I took way back in 1999, and it was Carnival that made our cruise experience so great that we fell in love with cruising. While over the years, we have sailed on all the lines and choose our trips solely on our time frame and destinations, we will always thank Carnival for making our first time the best. We know that when we cruise on Carnival, we're going to have a great time. Love, love, love Carnival!!!