Glory - 4/25/15 - If you write a review and nobody reads it...

cmcsharon

Carnival Glory – April 25, 2015 – If you write a review and nobody reads it………did the cruise really happen?

It’s me again…along with the minions…back from another Carnival Cruise. This time on the Glory and we cruised to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

If you read my review of our cruise on the Carnival Magic about 6 months ago…you have my apologies…that was a lot of time out of your life that you can’t get back! This one will be no different. You’ve been warned!

And, while I’m at it with the warnings…if you are easily offended, a Carnival Hater, or just a general internet troll…these are not the droids you’re looking for. Go ahead and click that back button and let’s just part ways now.

If you haven’t read my previous review…you’re about to discover a review that will provide you with a wealth of extremely useful information, on par with the top cruise related travel books, that will empower you to get the most out of your cruise dollar. And…you probably need to scroll through a few more Cruise Critic screens to find that one…because this isn’t going to be it!

This is going to be my little diatribe about our Glory cruise…that I’ll be writing over the course of who knows how long…because reliving my cruise by writing about it will keep me from banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how the last 2 ½ years of work on a project completely derailed just because the project manager took 10 days off on vacation. Yes…returning to work this week sucked…so, I’m escaping into my cruise review. If you don’t like to read reviews where you may have to wait for the next installment…I suggest you come back in a month. 

Here’s the Cliff Notes version for those that have had enough of me already:

FTTF – Worth it to me and I’ll continue to get it, even at the higher price.

Cheers – I’m a light drinker and I got it, I’d get it again.

2.0 Food Options – LOVED them! Guy’s, Blue Iguana…definite favorites.

American Table – LOVED this too! It was great. A nice change.

The ship – Perfect!

Overall – another GREAT cruise!

Still with me? Let’s do this!

I probably shouldn’t admit this…but...this cruise was selected for the sole purpose of getting to one port, for one unique opportunity…that would last about a total of 5 minutes. The ship and the other ports, or even where we embarked or disembarked didn’t matter. We had one specific goal. And…surprisingly…I managed to convince all the original minions, plus 4 new ones, to come along with us! If for some reason we missed that one port…I did not want to think about it.

On this trip it’s me, my two kids (son age 21 and daughter age 19) and, an assortment of relatives I affectionately refer to as the minions. We’ve got all the original minions back from our Magic cruise…including Augustus Gloop Minion who spectacularly got stuck inside the slide tube on the Magic last cruise…Grandma Minion, who gets a new name early on this time…and, who can forget Fish Toilet Minion…who didn’t like getting into the ocean because the fish pee and poop in it! And, we’re all from Northern California…with the exception of the 4 new minions.

My hubby doesn’t like to cruise so he stayed home. I gave him an option…he could come on the cruise with us…or, be stuck at home giving the recently diagnosed diabetic cat (that he can’t stand) his daily shots…he chose the cat. That’s a clear dislike of cruising. Truth is, it’s much easier this way…he’s been on a couple of cruises with us and it felt like I had to set up a 24 hour watch on him to keep him from going overboard and swimming to the nearest land. On the last cruise with him, he and another minion (who also no longer cruises) were caught way too intently examining the mechanisms for lowering a lifeboat…in what was referred to as the thwarted great escape.

I really appreciate you taking the time to join me on this journey and I hope you’ll find something useful, or mildly entertaining out of this review…and if not, I’ve got some pretty pictures that I’ll eventually get to!

Next up…Part 1 – Planning the Trip (Pirate Signs, Flipping Itineraries, and…Oh, the places you’ll go.)

I clicked on this review because our next cruise will be on the Glory and I'm so glad I did. You are a really good writer and very funny. Your wasting your time writing cruise reviews you should be writing a book. Can't wait to read the rest.

Keep it coming I sail on the Glory for our third cruise in October and want to know ALL so please TELL

Now off I go to try and find your other cruise report :)

Edited by vdarrell