DIAMONDS and PLATINUMS ONLY - NO GUESTS - OFFICIAL

Elaine515

The official word just came from John (of course really from the Beards)... After someone asked him if a spouse or only one other person traveling with a Diamond or Platinum passenger can also attend the Past Guest Party...

John Heald I did indeed speak with the senior beards and they are saying that it is only for VIFPs and not for those they are traveling with. You see this way it remains a very exclusive party and especially with the new format, food and drinks we will serve it needs to be so. I think this is something that we will have to look at carefully bit for now that is the rule

I'll let you guys all know in about a week as I'm on the May 16th Glory, first sailing where this is suppose to start...

The official word just came from John (of course really from the Beards)... After someone asked him if a spouse or only one other person traveling with a Diamond or Platinum passenger can also attend the Past Guest Party...

John Heald I did indeed speak with the senior beards and they are saying that it is only for VIFPs and not for those they are traveling with. You see this way it remains a very exclusive party and especially with the new format, food and drinks we will serve it needs to be so. I think this is something that we will have to look at carefully bit for now that is the rule

I'll let you guys all know in about a week as I'm on the May 16th Glory, first sailing where this is suppose to start...

I sure hope they enforce this rule. On our last B2B on Conquest (Jan. 2015), the party was standing room only. Unbelievably packed.

Keep the past guest party but get rid of the complimentary drinks. This way, even with golds and reds, I can assure you that the party will be a ghost town.

I'm truly nor trying to be disrespectful, but is the party that great? Is it just free drinks and food or what?

Last cruise we went to our first, and apparently last. My opinion is NO. Only good thing was the drinks. It was more of a commercial in my opinion. The food was terrible. I probably would go again just to get fee drinks, but I'm about 50 sail days way from being invited lol

I'm truly nor trying to be disrespectful, but is the party that great? Is it just free drinks and food or what?

I won't miss it as it was... went as a gold a few times and it is crowded. There are free drinks and some appetizers and Captain and some officers come and talk, usually a slide show of the Carnival ships and everyone hoots at the ones they have been on. It was fun, but over crowded - I usually just had one drink and that was it. Last time I went I walked in and walked out it was so crowded. Even though I am far from being a platinum, I am thinking it is going to be a more enjoyable party for those who reach Platinum level. I do think it should be "Plus One" however - and strictly enforced (easy to do - have them show the invitation at the door and allow one person in with them). Not much fun to go if your spouse or SO can't go also.

I have heard of gold's and higher bringing their whole group of blues and reds with them - one man bragging that his wife was gold and she brought him and all their friends with them for the free drinks. (I counted 6, but could have been more). But that was because it was never enforced - so bad on them. I always brought my invite - but was never asked to show it so it is what it is.

Please let us know how the new VIFP party is! If the food, drinks, service all become better!

You can just get any free drink you want or what? Unlimited?

Technically yes, but just visualize a rabbit being attacked by a pack of rabid wolves (the rabbit being the waiter and the wolves the past guests). It's a shameful free for all with some people trampling others to get to the tray with drinks and then they double and triple fist it in order to get as many drinks as possible. That's why some golds are being pissed about it, because the free for all is over.

It wasn't really a party, it used to be fun back in the day before it got to be so crowded, not so much anymore, we even skip it once in a while. Carnival has only itself to blame for the over crowded if it's because of the wrong people being there. They don't collect the invitations anymore or even look at the color of the card.

I agree it should be a plus one. Who wants to go alone? But it doesn't sound that exciting to me just to get a drink or 2. Speaking with the Captain would be nice.

It is not that exciting. For people like me, the very idea of missing the opportunity to get something (a drink, whatever) free is painful. Haha! I KNOW it's stupid compared to the cost of a cruise, but I don't want to "miss out". I'm going to be in the boat of going to it alone or giving it up as I don't know or cruise with anyone else who is Platinum. I HAVE gone by myself when I cruised with my kids who had no interest whatsoever in going. I found a nice couple to sit with and it was pleasant enough...just prefer to go with someone I know. The issue for me on the next cruise is...do I or do I not ditch my own mother to go? I'm not mad though, just mildly disappointed.

I have not attended a past guest party in years due to the overcrowding. I am curious to see what the new party is like. Going in alone, as my daughter (gold) will be my travel companion on my next cruise, it will probably be easy to meet a few new friends. There will probably be a lot of folks like me there alone.

Just another case of one group (those who felt entitled to bring whoever they wanted), spoiling it for everyone. I will sort of miss the party this time round. Next time I will sail platinum, so we will see how the new format goes.

Technically yes, but just visualize a rabbit being attacked by a pack of rabid wolves (the rabbit being the waiter and the wolves the past guests). It's a shameful free for all with some people trampling others to get to the tray with drinks and then they double and triple fist it in order to get as many drinks as possible. That's why some golds are being pissed about it, because the free for all is over.

Keep the past guest party but get rid of the complimentary drinks. This way, even with golds and reds, I can assure you that the party will be a ghost town.

These two posts are PRICELESS! They exemplify precisely the event and its attendees.

I have not attended a past guest party in years due to the overcrowding. I am curious to see what the new party is like. Going in alone, as my daughter (gold) will be my travel companion on my next cruise, it will probably be easy to meet a few new friends. There will probably be a lot of folks like me there alone.

We enjoy meeting new folks! Maybe we will be able to hear each other talk. We have always requested our favorite drinks, with no problem. DH tips well in appreciation.

There are new foods being introduced, we've been told. Little roast beef sandwiches, sweets and new drinks. Several food managers say better quality appies will be served. Hinted at it being some of the same as at the Captain's Diamond party. Shrimp brulee is awesome!

We agree, a plus one is reasonable. Many couples are at different levels; unlike Royal.

I am thrilled. I just hope this is enforced.

We actually like the VIFP/Past Guest parties. We've had no problems ordering and receiving whatever drinks we wanted. We enjoyed applauding all the ships we've sailed and having the officers come on stage.

I remember back in the day when the parties were held in the lounges that are now Punchliner. The captains held Q&A's, the officers chatted with us, it was wonderful. I hope the new restrictions make the parties like they used to be.

The official word just came from John ...Heald I did indeed speak with the senior beards and they are saying that it is only for VIFPs and not for those they are traveling with. You see this way it remains a very exclusive party and especially with the new format, food and drinks we will serve it needs to be so. I think this is something that we will have to look at carefully bit for now that is the rule

Hi -

Where is this information published?

Thank you.

Is this a big thing or small thing? Seriously, I do not go on a cruise for the past guest party. I do not cruise for the "free perks". I cruise because it is the best vacation! This in no way makes or breaks cruising. All cruise lines cut back and make adjustments to things they offer their guests. It is just the way it is. So sorry it upsets so many people.

Edited by pietrowolf

We enjoy meeting new folks! Maybe we will be able to hear each other talk. We have always requested our favorite drinks, with no problem. DH tips well in appreciation.

There are new foods being introduced, we've been told. Little roast beef sandwiches, sweets and new drinks. Several food managers say better quality appies will be served. Hinted at it being some of the same as at the Captain's Diamond party. Shrimp brulee is awesome!

We agree, a plus one is reasonable. Many couples are at different levels; unlike Royal.

What kind of food is served at the Captain's Diamond party? Last week we had cookies and coffee in the morning. We have had a few cocktail hours in the piano bar with some nice hors d'oeuvres. It will be interesting to see the changes. Our next Carnival will be in August and I'm looking forward to it.