Door decorations???

Rockjock64

So have never done this before.

How do you hang a decoration on the door?

I decorate ours. I use the gel decorations. I find them at Big Lots, you can always find your cabin with the decorations and people seem to smile when they see the decorations. You can also find inexpensive things at the Dollar Tree to make your door festive and fun.

What kind of stuff can you not hang on the door? I was thinking about getting a long sheet of paper and in the middle just saying something about "cruising is awesome so sign this if you agree" type thing. It be interesting to see what people write

What kind of stuff can you not hang on the door? I was thinking about getting a long sheet of paper and in the middle just saying something about "cruising is awesome so sign this if you agree" type thing. It be interesting to see what people write

That's a good idea. You could hang a sheet of white butcher paper with tape, and have some crayons for people to leave a message. If you hung a pen up it might not work as well due to gravity.

So have never done this before.

How do you hang a decoration on the door?

I used Command strips to hang our door decor. Our cruise group had a contest, but I would have done it even without that because it was a nice way to liven up the boring hallway and also made finding our room way faster.

when our grandkids were younger, they made our door decorations...

th_DSC02108_zpsy9427gce.jpg th_DSC02105_zpsb0y3grcq.jpg

but lately, we just used a simple custom sign on our cabin door...

th_DSC06967_zps62ejw80x.jpg

Here's hoping you have a door sign/decoration and a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

White butcher paper sounds like good idea! Thank you! I just got to come up something to write in the middle of the page. Maybe I could tell people to sign something funny or write a joke of some sort on the paper haha

when our grandkids were younger, they made our door decorations...

th_DSC02108_zpsy9427gce.jpg th_DSC02105_zpsb0y3grcq.jpg

but lately, we just used a simple custom sign on our cabin door...

th_DSC06967_zps62ejw80x.jpg

Here's hoping you have a door sign/decoration and a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

That's neat!

Is that purple stuff tape you are using to hold the paper up?

How did you get the sticky stuff off when you took the signs down?

We thought about using magnets, but could see pransters just taking the magnets which actually costs some money, so I am interested in the tape method.

3M command strips. I have even added an extra hook w then removed when left. I put on door so wouldn't leave a mark.

I made a laminated scape book page for a friend's door that just said it was her first. I've been birthday signs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

3M command strips. I have even added an extra hook w then removed when left. I put on door so wouldn't leave a mark.

I made a laminated scape book page for a friend's door that just said it was her first. I've been birthday signs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, I will seek them out!

Are door decorations common on CCL? We've only done DCL but are trying CCL on the Vista next year. About 75-80% of the doors are decorated on DCL. These are our from last year. We changed the characters everyday but our license plates always stayed on. We just used magnets on back of the laminated door decor. We ended up adding a lot more magnets throughout the week that we received from other passengers in the Fish Extender gift exchange.

ImageUploadedByForums1431835153.006337.jpg.27f48ebc9f2e95d30fb5629b2ae3350b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1431835204.022559.jpg.69d4bed9e94e9db923e800c3e535bfa6.jpg

I always decorate our door. I use command strips so there is no damage. I have three large pieces about 10 by 15 inches or so in red, white, and blue. They are sparkly and I stick various scrapbook decorative items on them. Because we were getting married at the end of the last cruise, I had s number of wedding stickies on one of them.

The center panel has a photo pocket and I put a different one of my underwater photos in there every day. I use a different garland, depending on the season and itinerary, that hangs down around the panels.

On our last cruise, our room stewards loved the photos so much I gave them to them at the end of the cruise.

Are door decorations common on CCL? We've only done DCL but are trying CCL on the Vista next year. About 75-80% of the doors are decorated on DCL. These are our from last year. We changed the characters everyday but our license plates always stayed on. We just used magnets on back of the laminated door decor. We ended up adding a lot more magnets throughout the week that we received from other passengers in the Fish Extender gift exchange.

[ATTACH]349534[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]349535[/ATTACH]

Hey Neighbor!. I will be decorating my daughter's cabin for graduation. I got a lot of decorations from the dollar store, and will be using the command strips. Some other cc members mentioned the magnets not working on the doors and suggested the command strips to be safe.

I got chalkboard paper at Target, so in addition to the other graduation decorations, hopefully people will leave congrats to the girls on the paper.

I always hang decorations on our door using duct tape. It's easy to peel off when it's time to take down.

I go to the Dollar Tree or 99 cents store and get supplies.

I decorate by where the cruise is going. So on our Bahamas cruises I get flamingos, fishes & tropical.

Sometimes I'll go to party city & get a poster with cutouts & put them on the door. I've also got blow up flamingos & hung from the ceiling to decorate the cabin.

And if the decorations are still usable I'll take them home & keep until until I need them again.

I have in the past decorated our door and asked people to sign where they are from. My son was young at the time and we enjoyed looking at the atlas together to see where people were from, all around the world!

I used to think this was such a cute idea. Then I made the mistake of joining the Facebook page.

So many people have turned something cute and simple into a cheap, tacky mess. Doors covered from top to bottom, the walls outside the cabin covered...

Another idea is to get a dry erase board and post a question a day and see what kind of answers you get. you can also get these at the Dollar Tree, decorate the top with stickers, your names in those foam letters etc.... I take a photo of the board for my scrapbook, erase and post another question. You can also hang items with that yellow sticky puddy stuff. It comes in strips and you just tear some off,

Another idea is to get a dry erase board and post a question a day and see what kind of answers you get. you can also get these at the Dollar Tree, decorate the top with stickers, your names in those foam letters etc.... I take a photo of the board for my scrapbook, erase and post another question. You can also hang items with that yellow sticky puddy stuff. It comes in strips and you just tear some off,

That might work, as we would not travel on airplanes with white boards, but would take a couple of whiteboard pens with. We can check a dollar tree for a whiteboard. I wonder if those command strips recommended will hold up a whiteboard on a door opening and closing.

Edited by eponym

I used to think this was such a cute idea. Then I made the mistake of joining the Facebook page.

So many people have turned something cute and simple into a cheap, tacky mess. Doors covered from top to bottom, the walls outside the cabin covered...

It's the American way! LOL! Don't know about covering the exterior walls beyond the fron door itself, that sounds extreme.

Edited by eponym