Everyone make sure you check your accounts

kelkel2

So today I logged on to check for FTTF and also logged into check my balance of my cruise and noticed that my cruise balance had increased by $250+. Obviously concerned I called Carnival and they said on the 21st someone added vacation protection. Well, we don't want that because we buy our own elsewhere.

We were put on hold and they said they looked into our account and our PVP added it. They wanted to know if we had spoken with them recently. No, we hadn't and we hadn't spoken to her since we booked the cruise and at the time we specifically told her we did not want Carnival's vacation protection. We made that very clear. I am very disturbed that a PVP can go into our account and add vacation protection to our account to a total of $250+ without us even knowing...

Moral of the story please check your accounts and know what you are paying for and don't be afraid to say something when something isn't right.

Edited by kelkel2

Couldn't hurt to get a new PVP that knows how to listen either.

That's what I'm doing right now. I called and asked to be re-assigned. I told them "what's the whole point of you guys making me give you a pin number when I call if a PVP can add charged to my account without even talking to me" I mean I'm sorry but this is very concerning to me.

The Carnival rep I'm on hold with is insisting that I don't need to change my PVP and that is was "probably a mistake" but geesh I'm sorry but that really concerns me!

Plus, we have had this cruise booked since August. Why now? Like what made this PVP decide on the 21st that that was the day they needed to add my vacation protection? So strange. I just don't get it. It makes me really uncomfortable.

Honestly I can handle my bookings myself I will probably never use a PVP again.

So she just called me and half way apologized. She said one of her other guests had emailed her with a request to add it and they had the same last name as us. She said it was "no big deal"

I don't know, if this was your PVP would you trust her? I just really am not sure about it...

So she just called me and half way apologized. She said one of her other guests had emailed her with a request to add it and they had the same last name as us. She said it was "no big deal"

I don't know, if this was your PVP would you trust her? I just really am not sure about it...

No it's not a big deal but that's up to you to say that to her. Not the reverse. And she totally should have applied flat out. Mistakes happen. I guess you just have to watch your booking more closely. She seems a tad lax and careless being that she didn't catch it herself.

So yeah it is kind of a big deal because had you not found the error, you would have the extra charge but the other people would have no insurance which could have turned into a huge issue.

She should have simply apologized. I personally would not continue to use her because attention to detail is important when booking travel and I want to give my business to somebody who actually cares enough to take my travel and any issues seriously.

Whenever our pvp makes a change to a booking we get an immediate email. Did you get any notice in your email account.

We all make mistakes. It depends on how you approached her with the issue, hopefully not as an accusation, but a question about the error. If you are not happy with her service, move on.

I try to balannce these things against the following question "what if my surgeon was having a bad day" Then I laugh and move on.

Happy sailing. It's always wise to check you booking along the way. That way, no surprises.

No it's not a big deal but that's up to you to say that to her. Not the reverse. And she totally should have applied flat out. Mistakes happen. I guess you just have to watch your booking more closely. She seems a tad lax and careless being that she didn't catch it herself.

Sorry Kekel. That should have said apologized flat out. Lol

I'm not by any means she did it for compensation or something like that. I don't think they could get away with that and I doubt the compensation is good enough to risk it. What does bother me is that they are supposed to be verifying information and it just makes me feel like she's being "sloppy" also like someone else brought up, why didn't I get an email saying a change had been made on my account? Any other time I have made a change I get an email within minutes or hours and it's been 3 days. Something just seems "off" to me. Trust has been broken.

She's a new PVP to me, I had actually gotten her as a recommendation from people I know from here, it's the first cruise I have booked with her so I'm not all that overly loyal to her.

It seems pretty clear to me that you already don't trust this woman and why should you? You are under no obligation to this PVP or Carnival to continue working with her or booking directly with Carnival for that matter. Your peace of mind is what is most important. While her explanation may very well be true I would think that any future dealings with this woman will find you closely monitoring every detail of the transaction. I think the question really is: Will you ever be comfortable enough to trust her again?:confused:

I really don't understand why anyone would have such a dramatic reaction to human error. There's an add/remove button next to vacation protection when you log into your account, your card was never charged, and no one was hurt.

Keep an eye on your account regularly. Problem solved. What's the end goal here? Are you looking for OBC? A free cruise? The PVP to be fired? In my opinion, the error is not worth anything close to that. Just accept you need to keep an eye on your account because humans are involved and move on. Sheesh!

It sounds like the PVP was unprofessional in the manner OP was handled. They did not appear to be apologetic for the error they made. I agree that anyone can make a mistake but I also think had they owned up to the mistake they made OP could have overlooked it. My other question would be don't the PVP's check booking numbers? Even if the names were similar unless they booked at the same time their booking number would have been different. In addition, any preferences they had should have shown up on their booking which means the PVP wasn't paying attention to what they were doing. If they are truly on a quota system as many have mentioned then maybe this is not the job for them.

JMHO.

That was my first thought. PVP added the insurance to the wrong account.

I can understand mistakes happen but I think my PVP would have been a bit more apologetic. I also am reminded again why everything goes through email. I like having a paper trail.

I think I would have a difficult time trusting her/him again to take care of thousands of my vacation dollars.