Time Zone - Clock Change July

#1TravelMom

We have been on 45+ cruises, but I can't find any info on this. I need info on the Carnival Glory July 4, 2015 7 day Western Caribbean - Miami, Coz, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman. I need to know if the ship will stay on Miami time or adjust to local time. I thought this was a simple question. I've spoken to 3 Carnival reps who have all contacted supervisors and I've heard no definite answer.

I know the Fun Times will tell me once on board. I need to know in advance. We do mission work at a church in one port. I don't want them waiting on us for 2 hours and vice versa. I've already done an extensive internet and Cruise Critic search - widely varied answers. It seems Carnival changes clocks when the difference is 1 hour - but BZ and Roatan will be 2 hours difference.

I know local tour vendors know when the ship arrives (on their local time) so I would think the people you're working with there have a way to check the port schedule to see what time it says you'll be arriving.

On one cruise we changed ship time...I don't know why.

Other than that, we've stayed on ship time whether it was a one hour difference or two.

I use this to determine the difference between ship and local time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

As previously mentioned, the locals know when your ship is due to arrive.

the locals know when your ship is due to arrive.

This ! You could have saved a lot of time and phone calls by suggesting the local mission personnel just check with port and vendors.

Years ago, we delivered several suitcases of items to an orphanage in Roatan, they knew exactly our ships schedule.

Once shipped time changed while we were at sea and daylight savings time occurred. That was the only time that ships time ever changed. They made sure everyone knew this was happening

We have been on 45+ cruises, but I can't find any info on this. I need info on the Carnival Glory July 4, 2015 7 day Western Caribbean - Miami, Coz, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman. I need to know if the ship will stay on Miami time or adjust to local time. I thought this was a simple question. I've spoken to 3 Carnival reps who have all contacted supervisors and I've heard no definite answer.

I know the Fun Times will tell me once on board. I need to know in advance. We do mission work at a church in one port. I don't want them waiting on us for 2 hours and vice versa. I've already done an extensive internet and Cruise Critic search - widely varied answers. It seems Carnival changes clocks when the difference is 1 hour - but BZ and Roatan will be 2 hours difference.

I don't see what your problem is. Contact the church you are going to and ask them, they must know you are coming.

Hmm, just for your own sense of time, I was going to suggest a Google search for the port(s) in question with keywords like "port XXX cruise ship schedule" and you'd probably find one that lists each day of the calendar year, what ships will be in port and what time. IE: http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/port-schedule.aspx

I assume that's referenced by the locals as well.

However, I noticed in the calendar above it shows our ship in port from 8:00 - 18:00 (8am - 6pm), but our itinerary states 9 to 7 which seems to be only an hour difference ... err ... which doesn't account for the two hour time difference (Port Canaveral/or Miami time).

I suspect I'm missing something obvious...? I'm sure someone here will be happy to jump in with an explanation. Maybe this is the phantom time change that seems to occur as other cruisers above have noted?