Only in KW til 1:30! WWYD?

KYWEST1

Two moms are taking our college roomie daughters on a short cruise for Spring Break.(Victory-3/20) I love Key West and have been there dozens of times. We are only in port til 1:30 (ridiculous I know!). Trying to figure out what to do for that short of time? Just wondering what you all would do? Probably not waste any time for lunch (bars are another story). I feel like the cruise director since Key West is my specialty, but I don't know how to show everything in a half day. Help!

This is just me, but I'd ask the girls what they would most like to do such as a history tour, or shopping or sightseeing or a water activity such as a jet ski tour or whatever else. A conch train tour would give them a nice overview of Key West, but maybe they'd prefer something less passive.

Another thought is let the college girls go off together and you and the other mom go do what you want. Key West is safe, so you could split up and then agree to meet at a specific time and place to grab a quick lunch.

As much as I don't like suggesting indoor activities in Key West you could check the exhibits at the Customs House just off the docks ---> http://www.kwahs.org/key-west-exhibitions

Then you'd still have time to head up to the tower at the Wrecker's museum for the views ---> https://www.keywestshipwreck.com/

Pjk

This is just me, but I'd ask the girls what they would most like to do such as a history tour, or shopping or sightseeing or a water activity such as a jet ski tour or whatever else. A conch train tour would give them a nice overview of Key West, but maybe they'd prefer something less passive.

Another thought is let the college girls go off together and you and the other mom go do what you want. Key West is safe, so you could split up and then agree to meet at a specific time and place to grab a quick lunch.

I like this idea - try to get an idea of what kind of experience they are looking for and then plan based on that, although in that short amount of time, I'm not sure if I would plan any water activities - ocean temps are still a tad too cool for me that time of year.

Thanks for your responses everyone. I think I'll ask the girls if they want to go to the beach or biking or shopping and stick with one. I know they'll say no to a museum but it sounds great for a longer trip.

Lots of good options above, but I will say that I think it is a waste of time to go to the beach here. Key West does not have any really nice beaches and other stops on your cruise will likely have much better beaches.

Our historic Old Town is our main attraction. You can sightsee, shop, eat and explore. There is a butterfly conservatory that may be worth looking into.

• 4 weeks later...