Plans for Honolulu??

TeanneTX

We dock in Honolulu at 8 am and plan to do Pearl Harbor and we also have the "Pearl Harbor Passport". We also have tickets for 5:30 Luau at Hale Koa. Any suggestions on what time we should get tickets for the Arizona? We will have a lot to see and do before the luau. Just not sure about the timing of the Arizona.

Teanne

If I was scheduled to dock at 0800 then I'd make an Arizona Memorial boat reservation for about 0930. I don't know your comfort zone for planning a trip but I'd prefer to more leisurely enjoy the Arizona Memorial's Visitors Center by arriving too early than stressing about getting there too late.

I don't know which ship you'll arrive on nor how quickly passengers would disembark the ship. I've used The Bus to & from PH but have read it's about a $35 taxi ride from the cruise ship terminals. Having a busy day planned the a taxi would probably be the best option to get to PH & if not pressed for time you could take The Bus back to the ship and/or to the Hale Koa's luau.

Have a great day! :)

If I was scheduled to dock at 0800 then I'd make an Arizona Memorial boat reservation for about 0930. I don't know your comfort zone for planning a trip but I'd prefer to more leisurely enjoy the Arizona Memorial's Visitors Center by arriving too early than stressing about getting there too late.

I don't know which ship you'll arrive on nor how quickly passengers would disembark the ship. I've used The Bus to & from PH but have read it's about a $35 taxi ride from the cruise ship terminals. Having a busy day planned the a taxi would probably be the best option to get to PH & if not pressed for time you could take The Bus back to the ship and/or to the Hale Koa's luau.

Have a great day! :)

Thanks so much for the info. We are on Explorer of the Seas with RCCL. I plan to get the 0930 tickets, will take a taxi to PH but then The Bus to the Luau. Sounds like a good plan. Thank you.

Teanne

I would Uber both directions.

I've never used Uber or Lyft so was unaware if that might be a better option.

I recently checked prices from Kahului airport to our house and for an 11 mile ride it was $58-$75 with Uber and only $19-$28 with Lyft. We currently use SpeediShuttle which is about $30 so will consider Lyft the next time.

Google Maps shows it's 8.1 miles from cruise terminal 2 & maybe is a less expensive option using Uber or Lyft.

TeanneTX...based on this 2017 cruise ship docking schedule the Explorer OTS docks at Cruise Terminal 2 (pier 2) and not at Aloha Tower (pier 11) which is only 0.5 miles closer to PH.

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/files/2013/01/oahu-criuse-2017-3-17-16.pdf

I've never used Uber or Lyft so was unaware if that might be a better option.

I recently checked prices from Kahului airport to our house and for an 11 mile ride it was $58-$75 with Uber and only $19-$28 with Lyft. We currently use SpeediShuttle which is about $30 so will consider Lyft the next time.

You can't compare Uber Maui (or LA, Orange County etc) with Honolulu. Uber is a model based on competition. More competition means lowers prices.

• 1 month later...
We dock in Honolulu at 8 am and plan to do Pearl Harbor and we also have the "Pearl Harbor Passport". We also have tickets for 5:30 Luau at Hale Koa. Any suggestions on what time we should get tickets for the Arizona? We will have a lot to see and do before the luau. Just not sure about the timing of the Arizona.

Teanne

I just want to make sure that you have a DoD ID before you show up at the Hale Koa and get disappointed that they won't let you in.

-Frank

I just want to make sure that you have a DoD ID before you show up at the Hale Koa and get disappointed that they won't let you in.

-Frank

Not a problem. Our friend is the one who got the tickets and he is retired Army. So we're good. Really looking forward to it.

Teanne