Britannia cabins A107/A108

NaomiW

Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins and are able to give feedback/pics? They look like slightly bigger than the normal superior deluxe cabins according to the the deckplans but the lady on the phone said that they were the same square footage.

I have a few specific questions if anyone can answer.

1. Does the metal fronted balcony restrict views?

2. Is the cabin noisy or overly rocky due to its position?

3. Are the balconies 'shut off' during sea days or high winds? Also it is too windy to sit out with it being right at the front?

Someone has previously mentioned in a thread on here that they are a similar layout to those on the Royal Princess, but it would be great to confirm this and get feedback from anyone who has stayed in these on Britannia.

Thanks in advance!:)

Having just looked at the deck plans.

Metal fronted balconies usually meanif you are sat down you would not be able to see anything. You would probably have to stand.

You would def. Feel movement in bumpby seas as you are forward, and high up.

Could not answer about the noisy. You have the bridge below, so that would not be noisy.

According to the deck plans they do look larger, but equally they are a strange shape. So probably same square footage, but not in a square box shape.

They never stop people using their balconies. However when you are underway I think it would be much too windy to sit out there, unless the ship is going very very slowly, when you would have the most amazing views.

I have never ever been on Britannia, but have surmised the above, looking at the deck plans, and sailing on ships.

Hmm, yes. I am starting to have second thoughts about this cabin now. I was trying to find a way to get a bigger balcony (cant afford a suite sadly), but had not considered the metal balcony issue and also the wind.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Would be good to hear from anyone out there that has stayed in one of these however.

I have just booked cabin A101 on the Britannia next August. Only our second cruise and this time we decided to go for a balcony. Hopefully it won't be a problem having a metal balcony and being right at the front of the ship? Am sooo excited already!

• 1 year later...

I'm just back from Britanna A107 and can answer some of the questions.

Firstly cabin size. It may be a little larger than regular mini-suites but if so any extra space would not be noticeable. They are of course a different shape. You enter down a corridor past the bathroom. The room then opens up to a sitting area with desk. The sofa looks to the side and out of the sliding patio door onto the balcony. Forward of this is the bedroom which comfortably fits the room with a triple wardrobe and a single cupboard with draws and safe. There is a large forward facing window here. There is no curtain to divide the two parts of the cabin as I saw in videos of other mini-suites and note to get to the bathroom in the night you have to negotiate your way through the sitting area to get there.

If you're reading this though you are probably most interested in the balcony. First thing to say is it is even bigger than it appears on the deck plans. It extends all the way out over the bridge wings and round the front of the cabin. I estimate it is at least 450 sq. ft. There were 3 loungers and 2 reclining chairs with side tables. It could easily accommodate 20 loungers! As noted on the deck plan it is steel fronted so that if you sit down you cannot see the sea. This never bothered me.

When the ship is underway it depends upon the wind direction how practical it is to go out on it. (Note it is never restricted). We had six sea days, four of which were into the wind and two with a tail wind. With a light tail wind it is very enjoyable. Into the wind you cannot realistically sit out. It is best for sitting outside on in port where you can move around to catch the sun. Note that the section on the bridge wings is overlooked by other A deck cabins and from the Crows Nest bar. The section to the front of the cabin is completely private, both from the side and above.

Would I recommend it? Well for a relatively small premium over balcony cabins you get a lot more and you can feel a bit special knowing that there are only 2 cabins like it on the entire ship. Being high and right at the bow does mean that ship movement is a bit exaggerated but if you can cope with that then I would say yes - go for it.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
I have just booked cabin A101 on the Britannia next August. Only our second cruise and this time we decided to go for a balcony. Hopefully it won't be a problem having a metal balcony and being right at the front of the ship? Am sooo excited already!

I have booked cabin A101 on Britannia for TA in October 17

How did it suit you college buddy 😊

Hoping it is a great choice

• 1 month later...

Hi, had an absolutely fantastic cruise! Was really worried about the metal balcony. Thought it would be tiny with restricted view but it was so much better than we could have imagined. There were 3 chairs on the balcony but you could have easily have fitted in about another 6! The view was fantastic, we loved looking out as we came into port or sailed away and spent quite a bit of time on the balcony sunbathing. The room was a great size as well. There were 3 of us and our daughter had the choice of either the pull out sofa bed or the bed that came out of the ceiling. Once out it did restrict access to the balcony and the fridge but really not a problem. The only tiny tiny niggle that we had was the pressure of the shower but did not spoil the room in any way. Once I've got myself sorted, only got back yesterday, I can upload a couple of photos of the room if you'd like or you might like to keep it as a surprise. It was also quite a trek to the laundrette but I can honestly say that if we were ever to cruise again on Britannia I would definitely book one of those rooms. I need another holiday now as not ready to get back to "normal" life"!!

• Thanks 1

Hi, had an absolutely fantastic cruise! Was really worried about the metal balcony. Thought it would be tiny with restricted view but it was so much better than we could have imagined. There were 3 chairs on the balcony but you could have easily have fitted in about another 6! The view was fantastic, we loved looking out as we came into port or sailed away and spent quite a bit of time on the balcony sunbathing. The room was a great size as well. There were 3 of us and our daughter had the choice of either the pull out sofa bed or the bed that came out of the ceiling. Once out it did restrict access to the balcony and the fridge but really not a problem. The only tiny tiny niggle that we had was the pressure of the shower but did not spoil the room in any way. Once I've got myself sorted, only got back yesterday, I can upload a couple of photos of the room if you'd like or you might like to keep it as a surprise. It was also quite a trek to the laundrette but I can honestly say that if we were ever to cruise again on Britannia I would definitely book one of those rooms. I need another holiday now as not ready to get back to "normal" life"!!

Sounds great

Would love to see a few pics if you can

Funny I wondered if the sun hit the balcony to sunbathe as I haven't seen the sun for a while

The recent reviews on here are very poor at the minute, people complaining about a sewage smell etc in their room.....

Delighted to hear you had a great time and the choice of room is perfect.

It will be 3 of us as well , husband , son, me.

Hoping my son will enjoy the kids clubs and then we can relax. I picked the room mainly as I was so worried about my son falling over - probably sounds silly but I am assuming there is a mast or something in front so it isn't straight down !!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks again

Hi just wondered did you get a chance to put up a few photos

Thanks x

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, Roblong said:

We just loved this cabin.

Here is our video of the cabin and the balcony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZYru7EnMc&t=11s

We didnt hear any sound from any where, not even the Crows Nest above

Just watched your cabin video, it looks very spacious! Also watched your deckchairs on the balcony video, gave me a chuckle to start my day 🙂  

Did you have many days that were too windy to use the balcony?

On 4/7/2016 at 6:18 PM, NaomiW said:

Hmm, yes. I am starting to have second thoughts about this cabin now. I was trying to find a way to get a bigger balcony (cant afford a suite sadly), but had not considered the metal balcony issue and also the wind.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Would be good to hear from anyone out there that has stayed in one of these however.

We have booked an aft facing balcony on A deck which is much bigger than  the side ones. I picked A deck as it was partially covered.